“Beautiful Beach - Lovely Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 First Street North, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250 (Formerly Quality Suites Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
McLean, Virginia
“Beautiful Beach - Lovely Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

While on business in Jacksonville, FL I was looking for an Starwood (SPG) property on the beach. I was so excited to learn that there was a wonderful hotel right on Jacksonville Beach. The Four Seasons by Sheraton was such a pleasant surprise. The room and bathroom were clean, clean, clean! Nice bedroom with the most beautiful view of the Atlantic Ocean and white powdery beaches. The sitting room had a pull-out couch desk refrigerator and tons of comfort. Staff members were terrific and very helpful.

Aside from the beach, which is my favorite place to be, I loved the way that the hotel is situated in the middle of the Jacksonville Beach neighborhood. This provides guests with a nice easy walk (in flip-flops of course) to restaurants, shops, the pharmacy and ice cream.

The only negative about the hotel is that on rare occasions, you can hear the folks in the room next to you..

Overall - this was a lovely and fun experience and I will be going back to this hotel soon!

Room Tip: Top floor corner room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
hudson
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Booked a suite 2 months in advance for our daughter who was getting married and it was for her and her bridal party. I was told breakfast was included , come to find out it wasn't so on wedding morning we had to come up with plan B. Then the night before there was bunch of us sitting in the bar area and NO ONE was DRUNK we were all talking and lauglaughing and we kept in touble for being loud from thr front desk. No guests were complaining just them. Know why because the front desk is connected to the bar so when you have a group there and all talking and laughing yes it gets loud. No one was screaming. Then for the price I paid to have a suite it would have been better if I booked 2 rooms instead. It was so small and one could fit nicely at a time in the bath room. I got a sweet so the bride and brides maid could get ready together. It was a mess. Never again

• Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Couldn't ask for a better hotel experience in Jacksonville Beach. Enjoyed the family friendly environment and really soft sand beach. Even the parking lot was very convenient, which is rare for hotels. We will definitely come back many times!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Overall, our stay was nice because of the beach and going to a Dave Matthews concert in town but there were some things about the hotel that concerned both myself and my wife...

Safety/Security:
I'll begin with this because to me it's basically the most important thing followed closely by cleanliness. The first thing I noticed was that the lobby is completely open for anyone to just walk in from the street or from the beach and go to any of the six floors without a keycard. It makes sense for the front doors to be open to guests but there should be a keycard system on the gate that opens from the beach and there should definitely be a keycard system which would prevent someone from getting on the elevator and using the elevator to get upstairs to where the guests are staying. There were people in the hallway on the 3rd floor who didn't look like they were guests and there was a young guy and girl basically having sex (pants pulled down and shirts on the ground) in one of the elevators around 9pm when my wife and I were going to the elevator to go down to the car for dinner. Needless to say, we used the stairs.

Cleanliness (Lobby/Room):
The lobby seemed very new/clean and you could tell that someone must have been mopping the tile in the lobby fairly regularly because there would be foot prints and sand coming in from the beach and then it would always be gone and clean when I'd walk by just a short time later. When I first entered the room, both my wife and I agreed that it smelled bad (like dirty cleaning water or a dirty hospital) and there were a ton of small issues like gross dental floss wrapped around the drain in the shower, what appeared to be a used tissue on the floor next to the bed, unfolded towels on the counter, mugs which had clearly been used and then placed back next to the coffee maker on the counter, and stains on the comforter. Also, it would have been nice if the cleaning staff would have opened the curtains to the sliding glass doors because it was extremely dark and uninviting in the room when we first entered. Also, at 5 star hotels and some 4 star hotels where we've stayed in the past, we have received a call from the front desk to check on us and make sure we were happy with everything about 20 minutes after we first went to our room. No one at this hotel called us to see if there were any issues with the room and it's obviously not a big deal but it would have been nice to explain how dirty the room was and see about moving. We could have called downstairs ourselves but we just cleaned everything ourselves because we had to leave to meet friends. Basically, the point is that little things can make a big difference and there were many little things that were overlooked in this hotel.

Amenities/Restaurant:
The restaurant downstairs was clearly an afterthought for the hotel. It's extremely small, it's out in the middle of everything in the lobby so it's not a very comfortable place to sit and eat, the service there was slow, it's expensive for what you get, the food is mediocre at best, and the hours are terrible. The thing that seems so insane to me is that the hotel is twice as expensive as other hotels that are rated much lower and those other hotels at least offer a free continental breakfast. It would have been nice to be able to go downstairs and have breakfast for free each morning considering how much we paid for the room. Also, other hotels in the immediate area such as Hampton and Marriott offer free buffet breakfast every day so it makes me question why I chose to stay at Sheraton.

Elevators:
There really isn't much to say about the elevators other than they were shockingly slow. The place has three elevators, it wasn't ever very busy the entire time we were there, and it would literally take the elevator 3 to 5 minutes to get downstairs from the time we would press the button. That may not sound like a long time but trust me, it is.

Checkout:
Checking out was a little confusing because no one told us anything at all and we didn't get any kind of a printed receipt under the door or anything on the day we were supposed to checkout. I've always received a printed bill or at least an email on the day I'm supposed to checkout from basically every other hotel in which I've stayed. When I went down to the front desk to make sure there was nothing I needed to do the girl at the desk seemed happy to have another room empty as opposed to thankful that we had decided to spend our time and money in their hotel. Again, not something that's required but it would have been nice.

Overall, the hotel was fine for a short stay. It's obviously cashing in on its location and that's fine it makes sense. However, it would have been nice to feel a little more welcomed and secure at the hotel, and I would have liked it if the room had been cleaner.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Marlton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My daughter and I went to bring my grandaughter to her friends house in GA and decided to stay at this hotel. Very clean and comfortable beds, with easy access to the beach, stores and restaurants. The pool is small, but clean. The small in hotel restaurant and bar needs to have longer hours.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear 389peg,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed a comfortable stay during your recent trip. We hope that you will keep us in mind during your next stay in Jacksonville.
White Bluff, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

we loved the view and that you could get snacks and drinks 24/7 right in the hotel and its close to the pier clean water and the finest sand ive ever seen i cand wait till we go back in a few weeks and enjoy ourselfs with our children there

Room Tip: there isnt a bad room here
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear James C,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our property. We hope that you will visit us again soon. Take care.
Columbus, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our recent stay at the Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront was voted by the family as the best hotel on our trip. Very clean and comfortable room with oceanfront views that were exceptional. The beach access was easy and very enjoyable. Also everything from restaurants, to shopping to grocery stores was within walking distance so we did not have to drive the car once we got there. The staff was also very helpful and friendly. We would definitely go back to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: They are an all-suite hotel, so you cannot go wrong.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront? Share your experiences!