Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1220 Marsh Landing Parkway, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250 (Formerly Hampton Inn Ponte Vedra Beach Mayo Clinic SE)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
“Very Nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed for one night with my kids. Felt very secure and was super clean. Had a chance to snag a bagel on way out. Close to alot of things, but out of the way of all the congestion/traffic.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

218 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

This hotel was maybe 2 miles from the beach. The hotel provided a microwave and refrigerator in the room also and breakfast included sausage and eggs on day one of my visit and ham and eggs on the day two along with the usual continental breakfast items. There were several restaurants in close proximity to the hotel i.e. Chili's, McDonald's, Longhorn and a few others as well as a Publix grocery store. The pool from a distance did not look inviting as it looked dirty (not sure if it was the bottom of the pool or if leafs from the treed had fallen down into the pool). I would stay at this hotel again if I traveled to this area on another visit.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a week last March while undergoing tests at the nearby Mayo Clinic. Not only were the staff friendly and helpful, but they bent over backwards to accomodate my needs. They have a free shuttle service to and from the clinic and all I had to do was call and they would pick me up after some test or another.

Also, the hotel is kept spotless. The rooms were always well cleaned and the grounds well kept.

The location is excellent. There is a mall a shor distance away that has several good places to eat including a great pizzeria. It is also close to the Jacksonville Beaches and to golf courses.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

This hotel which I have stayed at in the past, is in a great location close to the beaches of Ponte Vedra, Neptune/Atlantic Beaches and Jacksonville Beach (not impressive) Service and cleanliness at hotel and staff seem to be right on target. Morning breakfast was definitely continental plus (continuously replinished , fresh and served in a comfortable lobby area. Freshly baked afternoon chocolate chip cookies are abundant every afternoon. Outdoor pool is less than average (very small) but exercise room is adequate. One computer is available for guests use (somwhat inadequate for a hotel of this size). The hotel is surrounded by plenty of shops and restaurants which you can easily walk to(Stonegrill Tavern is steps away). What then is my "big down"? Unfortunately, during our two night stay, guests in the adjourning room were cigar aficionados. On day 2, the smell of cigar smoke permeated the halls and seeped into our room.We alerted the front desk staff, and she graciously told us she would spray the area. I explained that I was asthmatic and that if the odor persisted, that I'd have a problem. She did offer to change our room, but it was late afternoon, we were on our way out, and said we would just have to see how it was when we returned that evening. The staff member did immediately go and spray the hall area and it temporarily did mask the odor. However, upon returning later that evening, the cigar smokers were at it again, and the hallways reeked of the smell of cigars. Exhausted, we entered our room to sleep as we had a flight the next day (the odor in our room was not as potent as that in the hall). As I was about to fall asleep, the front desk staff called to inquire how I was?. My husband said I was about to fall asleep. That was very thoughtful of the staff to inquire, however my point is, smoking is prohibited in the hotel, so why is the no smoking rule not enforced!!! Spraying the halls to cover up the smell sends a message that it is okay to break the law. Why is the hotel guest who is in violation not confronted? I know this can be difficult, but it can be done(it was very obvious which room had the smokers). Other paying guests who are following the no smoking rules are being inconvenienced while the offenders are not being challenged to obey the rules. This, I believe, is a situation which needs to be addressed. Had this incident not occurred, I would highly recommend this hotel, however this incident did leave "a bad smell"

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We were in Jacksonville Beach for a friend's social event and we weren't interested in paying beach prices so we choice this Hampton. It's a little off the beaten path but surprisingly convenient to getting to shopping and restaurants. It wasn't all that far from the beach either but it was a 5 - 10 minute drive to the beach so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for those going solely for the beach. The hotel was very clean both in the lobby and the room we had. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were staying there on points. The desk staff allowed us to check in early which was very nice after a 10 hour drive. The breakfast that was provided had a good variety and the food was good. Although we didn't use the pool, it looked very nice and was clean. The hotel was pretty quiet even though it looked to be full. We were located close to an elevator but even so were not disturbed. The hotel is located close to too very good restaurants, the Stonewood Grill and Tavern (practically next door) and Roy's Hawaiian Fusion Restaurant (3-5 minute drive).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Longwood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

April 20-22, 2012
Hampton Inns in general, are a safe bet for a great reasonable priced stay which includes breakfast. This H. Inn has the added benefit of being near the Mayo Clinic and many beaches; Atlantic, Neptune, Jacksonville, and Ponte Vedra. It's just minutes to any of them.

The real plus though is the staff. Absolutely friendly and consistent each time you come in and out of the Inn. Upon checking in, a quick dialogue about the hotel, breakfast times, and asks if they can be of service. Hot fresh cookies were placed on the check in counter late afternoon and when we walked through the door after coming back from the beach we were offered some and also asked how our room was. Yes, mam courteous and friendly staff abounds. On this stay my husband and I met Bridget and Sara. Hats off ladies, we totally enjoyed ourselves.

I was here for a high school reunion to which I stayed at this same location five years ago for a previous reunion.

The rooms are clean, comfy, and ours was extremely quiet (top floor, facing the pool, away from the elevator).
The mini refrigerator and micro wave came in handy. The large flat screen television was a nice upgrade feature as well----all standard.

The inn is off of a very busy road artery, "Butler Blvd." However, being located on a parallel road, makes it navigable.There are good eateries near by and a shopping center which includes Target and Publix. .

~~~The beaches about five to ten minutes in any direction. Ponte Vedra Beach is very crowd free and great for hunting sharks teeth. Family friendly and has quaint shops is Neptune/Atlantic Beaches are to the North.

The only recommendation I have for this Inn was to be able to check out beach towels and umbrellas. This wasn't a problem for us because we brought them, however would be an added bonus.

Bottom line, you'll love your stay and the staff.

Room Tip: Choose a room on upper level floor, facing the pool, and away from the elevator when possible.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Chester County, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

on customer service at this hotel. Somehow I got the impression we were closer to the beach not next to a strip mall. Having stayed there for four nights and being member of their gold Honors Club I thought would get me more responsiveness. I arrived home minus a nice, gold watch that had been a present several years ago. My first call to the hotel was with the head of housekeeping who said she would check into the missing item and get back to me. Several days later-no call back so I called the hotel manager who promised to get back to me that afternoon or the next morning at the latest. several days go by-no call back. A call is made to customer service at Hilton. I received a copy of an email sent to the hotel manager with a promised of a call back. Several days go by-no response. A frustrated email is sent off to the contact at customer service and I get back an email from the front desk manager stating the watch was not found and they are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Understood-BUT-Hilton is responsible for its employees and the ones at this hotel are lacking (and may be wearing my watch).

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area? Share your experiences!