“Date Night!!” 4 of 5 stars

Description: 32250 - Zip
ormond beach
“Date Night!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We only ended up going here because I purchased a Groupon. We get tired of doing the same boring things in our area & going to the same old restaurants as well. We love exploring & Groupon gives us this advantage. we would of never probable tried this place as we live 1 1/2 hrs away. We were not disappointed, our server was a doll. she was very accommodating, made suggestions. I had the soft shell crab dinner..it was excellent, food was plentiful & service excellent! The dinners were big enough to share & believe me, my b/f & I can both eat. The soft shell crab dinner came w/ 2 crabs, 2 pieces of corn & huge amount of f/f. I'm use my crabs being served on toast, they were very accommodating & gave me a hug hoagie roll, which I split w/my b/f. He also ha his own dinner Jamaican shrimp which were huge. We always like to get diff. things & share our meals..after dinner we explored around & found an outside concert (free) to attend by the water. We had an awesome date night!! We have another Groupon to use & we were happy that I bought 2 $18. for $40 worth of food oh yea!! Groupon we love you!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Paintsville, Kentucky
“Fresher than Fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

If you are looking for a local and fresh place to get seafood while in Jax Beach, go here! My wife and I found these place by asking locals up and down the t shirt shops on the boulevard by the ocean. So, once the 5th person had mentioned this name, we knew where we had to go! We are so glad that we did! This place has a very neat vibe and culture to it. This is a 2 story building. The main restaurant is upstairs and the downstairs is a local seafood market. They receive fresh fish from the ocean daily. We had crab cakes, deviled crab, clams, fish, oysters and more. We washed them down with multiple cold Corona's! This place is rustic and what you would expect to see being one block off the ocean! It was everything that we hoped it would be in terms of service and quality! We will return to this place on our next visit to Jax Beach! If you are going to be in the area, do yourself a favor and head on over! Next time i go, I want to try the fish tacos!

Visited September 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“Who messes up Mayport Shrimp? This place.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I would consider this a beach tourist trap. I have wanted to give it try for a while purely based off driving by it for the last few years. Now I know why no one talks about this place.
Local beer was flat.
Local Mayport shrimp were terrible.
Service was slow.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
near Princeton NJ
“FreshFreshFresh Beachside Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Well, the title says it all about the quality of the Beachside offerings. We started with oysters shooters, just right, that spicy turn-on ahead of the grilled snapper. Another starter was peel&eat shrimp, which next time will likely become the centerpiece of the meal. The hushpuppies are dangerous, but keep ordering them. So many choices. Very informal setting, completely on target for hands-on eating. Restaurant upstairs, market at ground level. Looking forward to another visit next summer.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Will pass next time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

The food was good and the service was friendly. The bill was a surprise with the specials at +$2, a pitiful side salad at $5, and a charge for substituting a baked potato for fries when the fries weren't gluten free.
We will not go back.