“Prepare to be welcomed!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nippers Beach Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Jacksonville, FL
“Prepare to be welcomed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Start with a good bar. Then a very pleasant hostess seats you. The server greets you and promptly delivers your drink order. it was shrimp night and we chose the fried shrimp and Shrimp.Bolognese. Entrees were delivered within 15 minutes. Presentation was well done and portions were more than ample. Service was attentive but not pushy and even the busboy was friendly. This is a nice seafood bar and grill on the Marina with a great staff and fair prices. Enjoy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Jacksonville, Florida
“Sometimes you have to leave home and go perusing !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

It's been unusally cold in Jacksonville, FL and to minimize the chill, we decided to visit a restaurant by the Marina in JAX Beach. Nippers is on Beach Blvd, tucked in near the Marina, with views on the boats and the water, so the location is pretty, well Floridian!
When we arrived on a Wed. night, there was live music, nice touch! But what stood out was that the entire staff seemed genuinely happy to see us. There were quite a few patrons already, a good indication of success in difficult times. Our waitress gave us time to discuss our choices and in the end we ordered the "mahi mahi dish of the day" and I went for the chef's signature dish of pork tenderloin. Let me say right now that both my friend and I were very pleased with our choices. The portions were "healthy" but not too much, the presentation very well done and the quality of food excellent. Best of all, Nippers is "original". It doesn't serve "cookie cutter" menu, it put some thoughts into what they want to serve and how it will look.
The staff was delightful from the server that brought the starter to the next person that came by with the wine. Just a nice group of people working together.
With its Caribbean/Mexican flair, it was a very nice evening with enjoyment of food, music, good service and quiet conversation. Our plan is to return during the day to get a better take on the water and boats but even without that, Nippers impressed me and my friend because they are "real". We will visit again!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“What happened to the yummy s?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

The location is fabulous, the atmosphere awesome, the service excellent (thank you Andy and those that assisted). The food...the food was just okay! Which is so surprising to me! My husband and I shared a fish taco which looked amazing but was not. It was not bad and not great! We shared a pork belly taco to start as well which had awesome flavor but the ends of the pork strips were hard. And then we had shrimp and grits as our entrees and again it looked amazing but was just okay! I am a little stunned because I REALLY thought the food would match everything else that was excellent...but it didn't. In fact I only ate 1/4 of my lunch portion and allowed my husband to have my leftovers for his lunch tomorrow~this has never happened with shrimp and grits before. Usually I waaaay over stuff myself because they are just sooo yummy! Or save part intentionally so I can enjoy the yummy s again the next day. I have even been known to get an extra order of shrimp and grits to go...but no yummy s here (frowns).

“Great restaurant at Jacksonville Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

What a great place to enjoy great live music & marina atmosphere! Co-owner Rudy was a fantastic host. He made the rounds & treated my wife & I (newcomers!) as though we were long-lost friends.The wait staff was exceptional & if you enjoy rum drinks with island music creating the mood, be sure to try their house drink, Rudy's Bad Habit! One try & you will know the name fits! Nippers will surely become a bad habit in itself, but in a good way!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Nice Place to Unwind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

When I first saw the name I thought maybe it was the same Nippers that is in the Abacoa Islands, but while not an exact replica its not far off. It offer's the same beachy vibe and relaxed atmosphere, so much so that you might forget you are not there. The menu offered a variety of dishes that showed the chef's unique twist and taste, including beer cheese soup and shrimp and grits. I enjoyed listening to the band and sipping on my nipper juice on their back deck. I haven't been to any other resturaunts in Jacksonville quite like it.

• Visited November 2012