“Average Food” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mambos Cuban Cuisine - CLOSED

Mambos Cuban Cuisine
311 North 3rd Street, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250 (Formerly Mambos Cuban Cafe)
904-372-0615
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Greenwood, South Carolina
“Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

There was nothing special about the food, but the service was good. If you are really hungry I'm sure you will enjoy it. That's the best I can recommend.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Beach
“Now called Cocina Latin American Fusion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

They upgraded the look of the restaurant since it was Mambos. Same great food but updated, new menu, good food that got better, and as always great service and atmosphere. It's always a pleasure to come here. The food is priced between $15-25. The atmosphere compared to previous is a bit more upscale/mature. It's everything it was but upgraded to sum it up :-)

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Tasty cuban food at a good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We came up to go to the Mayo Clinic and decided to give this place a try. We were so pleasantly surprised. The food was some of the best Cuban good we've had and we live near Tampa and Ybor City which is famous for cuban food.

The service was pleasant. The atmosphere was a bit harsh with super bright lights and no music. I'd love to see it softened up a bit and a bit more relaxed. But overall it was amazing.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Humble, Texas
“Authentic Cuban food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband, son and myself have dined here so many times we have lost count. The food is well prepared and glad to say, not "Americanized." The flavors are authentic and the best part is being able to top off a good meal with authentic Cuban coffee, not just very strong Americano. Our family is making sure that this restaurant stays open for a very long time!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, South Carolina
“Future Repeat Customers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is one instance where I am glad that I did not read the reviews prior to my visit. We ended up here on accident (or because of an accident rather...we were visiting the Tire Kingdom next door). While I was not really feeling eating here, after the meal, I was so glad we did! We had fried sweet plantains, tostones, yucca, camarones al ajillo (garlic shrimp), the equivalent of American chili (I can't recall the official name), yellow rice and black beans...I just lumped our two entrees and the appetizer together. Although I can't speak to the authenticity of the food as this was our first experience with Cuban food, I know good food when I eat it and it was delicous! Everything. The portions were sized very well. After lunch at this place, I did not eat another meal for the rest of the day. In regards to the service, just like the food, wonderful! Our server gave us great recommendations and was very attentive. We were there on a Sunday afternoon, there were other patrons in but it was not packed. The decorations were nice and I enjoyed the music. Judging from others reviews, it sounds like the service may be inconsistent and your liking the food is dependent on your previous experience with Cuban dishes. However, if you are in the area and are looking for a great value, I'd say take a chance and stop by. I am glad we did!

• Visited November 2012