“Good fresh Mexican food with a twist” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Asheville, North Carolina
“Good fresh Mexican food with a twist”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I went here with my brother and his family which includes a 6 year old. The decor was minimal a little tacky and fun and the wait staff was knowledgeable. The food was fresh and you can taste the difference! The variety is limited yet diverse- we were all very pleased and save room for desert- the flan is to die for.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Jax, FL
“Little place with a large following”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I first visited TacoLu's with a couple gal pals and enjoyed their mini tacos so much I returned that next week with my husband, who immediately became a fan, as well. You are served a basket of tortilla chips and home made salsa as you decide how many tacos (or other items), in what meat or seafood combinations you 'd like.
Everything has been lip licking good and very satisfying. The atmosphere is relaxed, but energized with the number of customers, and helpful staff. A bar is also available at one end of the restaurant, serving all your favorite drinks, and a few you may not have heard of.

Always busy for lunch, you know the food is going to be great. Stop in soon, and write your OWN review.

Visited August 2012
Hendersonville
“Went Twice in 4 Days”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

You do not have to like Mexican to enjoy this place. Food was wonderful...no numbers on the menu. Enjoy the queso. There will be a wait but was not long. GO

Visited August 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“Super yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Taco Lu's has some amazing tacos with unique, fresh flavors. They are always coming up with new ingredients to try and it's great to see what is on special for that particular week. The restaurant can get very crowded in the evenings and, because of that, we usually only go for lunch or an early dinner.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“Great, unique food - too busy for the servers to handle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I live close to this restaurant, so I've been a few times. The food is great - I highly recommend the chicken nachos. They're huge though, so don't plan on eating much else if you are with less than 2 people. And I love their selection of tacos. I've never had a menu item that I didn't really enjoy. The ONLY reason I ranked this 4 stars was due to the crowd. The restaurant is typically over crowded and the servers can't keep up. The last two times I went, the manager came up to our table knowing that we had been waiting on our food or drinks for too long. I will certainly go back, I just need to find a time when this place isn't so busy. They really need a larger location. The parking lot can't handle the traffic either!