“Cozy beach house that makes my business trips a pleasure” 5 of 5 stars

Fig Tree Inn Bed and Breakfast
Fig Tree Inn Bed and Breakfast
185 Fourth Ave. South, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250   |
Davenport, Florida, USA
“Cozy beach house that makes my business trips a pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Lori, the Innkeeper for Fig Tree Inn is warm and gracious. I try to stay with her each time I travel to this area. She makes business easy breezy on the beach! I adore the decor that reflects the relaxed beach area. Take out is fun eaten in the living area at the breakfast bar.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are up a flight of stairs, but worth the climb if nothing downstairs is available.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Jacksonville Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My daughter's entire bridal party and their spouses/significant others rented all the rooms for the entire weekend for her wedding on October 19, 2013. It was the perfect location for these young couples! The groom's family even had the reception party there as it held many people inside and outside of the home which was catered by TacoLu. The rooms along with the entire house is so charming! All of their Boston family and friends loved the decor and coziness! Lori, the owner was so warm and friendly and was very attentive to each and every detail to make this an extremely memorable wedding. From here on out, the Boston family plans to stay at the Fig Tree Inn every time they make a trip down. I am local and would highly recommend all my guest to staying here or even those wanting a nice get away to the beach! Thanks for making this special time so special!

Room Tip: All the rooms have their own bathroom. I loved all of them!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Pearland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

With this place only a block from the beach; it was truly better than a hotel experience. I was not in Jacksonville for pleasure, but for medical reasons. This quaint little place made me feel like I was at home. I would stay here again if the opportunity presented. The owner was nice and attentive to my needs. The room was cozy and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Bed and Breakfast, pets welcome, and 1 block to the ocean, it doesn't get much better than the Fig Tree Inn! Spouse and I spent two nights at the Fig Tree Inn on the recommendation of a friend. Our expectations were met and exceeded by our stay at this charming little inn by the sea. Lori was friendly and helpful on the phone prior to our visit, when we had to change dates at the last minute, and welcomed us at the door. She is the best with caring and guest hospitality. The inn is infused with Old Florida charm, with every room (about 7 or 8) a different theme, in a truly unique house. We stayed downstairs in the Seaside room, which was roomy and comfortable, and the decor in our room and throughout the entire house was impeccable. The upstairs rooms have a separate outside entrance for added privacy, and a large patio upstairs, though we made friends with our upstairs neighbors. Breakfast was most pleasant, in a separate protected patio area with large fans overhead. Fresh coffee, pastries or biscuits greeted us in the mornings, along with yogurt, granola, fresh fruit and OJ, and home made blueberry and fig compotes to choose from. Included is a small bowl of fresh figs from the ancient fig tree out back. It was delicious. The inn being pet-friendly was an added bonus. Colorful flowers adorn the outside of the building, all planted by Lori, with a large front porch and comfortable rocking chairs and a swing. We enjoyed sitting out front in the early evening, and walking our dog at the beach in the mornings. It is in a working class neighborhood, and there were some walkers, stragglers and bicycles and skateboards around. Despite the distractions, we felt safe at all times while there. Thank you Lori, for a wonderful experience. We look forward to returning, and I highly recommend the Fig Tree Inn when visiting Jacksonville beach.

Room Tip: The Seaside room on lower level has a large bathroom and is roomier for two and a pet. The upstairs...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I cannot say enough great things about the staff, and the accommodations at the fig tree inn. Such a great time that we've rebooked for the same time next year, and plan to continue till we are old and grey. The facility is beautiful, and the hospitality is second to none. We chose this location for our wedding...just walked down to the scenic beach and had an evening we will never forget!!! It was just like being at home...enjoying all that they had to offer. Relaxed on the porch in the evenings with friends and family...so much fun!!! The rooms are fantastically decorated and cozy....had everything we needed. The upstairs decking was a real treat...great way to relax the night away with my new wife, and our friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mentor, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the at the Fig Tree. Best Bed and Breakfast yet. The room was great, The breakfast was amazing. We also enjoyed sitting out on the porch, just people watching. We had a hard time leaving because Lori, made you feel so at home, Can't wait till we go to Jax Beach again. Know where we will stay. Thanks

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I traveled solo en route home. My room was OK, but the overall experience was the worst I have ever had at a B&B or hotel. I got no sleep. There were many, many people on the sidewalk, skateboarding in the street and, I believe sitting on the front porch for much of the night and early morning hours.Some of the people were screaming at one another and I heard a woman crying for a long while. I heard sirens much of the night,also. I really feared that my car would be burgled and since I was on the 2nd story, I dared not go outside. It is inconvenient to stay on the 2nd level as there is NOT an covered staircase..the staircase is located OUTSIDE of the lower level house. You would be out of luck if it is raining. I have stayed at 2 other B&B's in Jax and have been very happy at both, and always felt safe---NOT SO in this case.....wish I had my $$$$$$ back.....waste of dollars. DO NOT STAY HERE.....

Room Tip: Insist on staying on the main level. I was on the 2nd story,which has NO covered access. It was rain...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thomas W, Owner at Fig Tree Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
We are very sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. As mentioned when you checked in, we are ALWAYS available if you need anything. We would have appreciated the opportunity to make your stay a more pleasant one. Your stay was during the week of the 4th of July and the beach is always more active; however, if any guest is disturbed on our property, we will address it. The other guests staying in the Inn at the same time as your stay did not raised similar concerns and due to the fact you did not contact us during your stay or directly after, it is very difficult to know exactly what could have occurred. Two of the three other rooms occupied were by repeat or long term guests so we very possibly could have helped.
To address your concern about the safety of your car, the Inn has had NO history of vandalism and the next door neighbor of 32 years can specifically attest to never having a car broken into and they also have street parking. Possibly your concern was more for the comfort of your cat in the car throughout the night than the safety of your car.
You also commented on the light breakfast. Also as mentioned at check-in and reflected on our web-site, we serve breakfast each day at 9:00 a.m. We discussed you had access to the cold cereals, oatmeal, fresh pastries, fruit, yogurt and juices we have in the kitchen and refrigerator since you were planning to leave very early the next morning. We have a coffee pot in each room for the early riser so they don’t have to wait for the 1st pot of the morning in the kitchen.
Should you choose to try the bottom floor on your return trip to Florida, as mentioned in your “trip tips”, you are more than welcome to return with a complimentary stay. I feel certain, given the opportunity; we can provide a pleasant experience.

Been to Fig Tree Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!