Several family members stayed for six nights in adjoining one and two bedroom patio condos here while attending a family wedding. Indian Shores has a lot of mid and high-rise condos along the beach - what I really liked about this resort was the low scale of the two-story pastel colored buildings, the nicely planted grounds and paths with palm trees and hibiscus, and the beautifully sited swimming pool overlooking the Intercoastal Waterway. It felt more like a little community than the many generic looking condo/apt. buildings in the area.
Our condos were surprisingly spacious, and were comfortable for the hodge podge of family members who met up here. I really liked the private patios backing up to the pretty walkways, and we made good use of the communal barbecue grills one night to cook a family dinner. The swimming pool area was lovely. I did not swim (although other family members enjoyed the pool) and am not usually a fan of sitting around a swimming pool, but the pool area was so attractive and contained such a nice mixture of lounge chairs and tables and chairs with umbrellas that it was a pleasure to relax there. I also enjoyed sitting and watching the view of the Intercoastal, pelicans, and heron. The beach is just across the street. The resort is quiet and peaceful - the units appear to be well insulated for sound, and there was no loud noise or parties. The resort appears to attract retirees and some families.
A big bonus is the proximity of Indian Shores Coffee, a terrific coffee shop just a few minutes walk down the road. It had excellent coffee, terrific homemade muffins, and very pleasant outdoor seating. It was a great place to start the day.
On a practical note, many of these condos can be rented directly from the owners, on sites like homeaway and vrbo. In general, I believe you will get lower rates when renting directly from the owner. Unfortunately, my experience, at least at this time of year, was that most owners wanted to rent for a minimum of one week, sometimes Saturday to Saturday. We needed to rent for less time (although our stay was extended due to cancelled flights), and fortunately, you can rent for shorter stays directly through the Barefoot Beach Resort, although you will end up paying more. The ladies at the front desk were very nice and helpful.
- Also Known As:
- Barefoot Beach Hotel Indian Shores
- Barefoot Beach Hotel
- Barefoot Beach
- Barefoot Beach Indian Shores
- Barefoot Beach Resort Indian Shores, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One bedroom w/sleeper sofa. Sleeps 4. Full kitchen. pool, private beach access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Otel, getaroom.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Barefoot Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.