As already mentioned in previous reviews the team at Barefoot at very helpful and welcoming. April, Tina and Kathy were of particular help to us; both before and during our visit. My Husband were glad to have selected this resort and complex because it was in quieter part of the Island less than 3/4 hour drive from Tampa airport and easy access to all areas. Our condo was on the second floor overlooking the inland water where we could relax and watch the wildlife from our window. The beach is on the other side of the road from the small complex, just a five minute stroll;The beach is a great place to walk comfortably(barefoot) to the other resorts, to Sunbathe and to observe the local wildlife. Each unit is individually equipped so I can only comment on ours B211 which was very well equipped and provided all you would need for even a very long stay! Everything from a slow cooker to a picnic set and cooler bag. However this was all wasted on us because we were out and about and took full advantage of the fine food on offer at local establishments.
The Suite was comfortably furnished in true Floridian style, good comfy bed, TV in both bedroom and lounge area, CD player. The bedroom had one cupboard with plenty of coat hangers but it also houses the extra blankets, pillows and sheets which restricts the storage space.There are however two bedside cabinets with two drawers and a side cabinet with five drawers so more than enough room for your clothing, but not necessarily for your luggage or shoes. Towels and sheets are changed for guests staying eight days or over and they are exchanged on the seventh day which is fine. You will need to pack your own beach towels or purchase some while you are there. No clothes washing facilities are provided in the condo units but there is a coin laundry area on the complex for your use. A good hair dryer and an iron are also provided but if you are a tea drinker like myself then I would recommend taking a travel kettle as the stove one provided takes ages to boil.
During your stay please try to visit the local Heritage Centre and Botanical gardens it is a real gem and you will learn a lot about the area.
My Husband and I found people to be very friendly and hospitable there is a huge variety of things to see and do and we would both visit again if we had the opportunity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One bedroom w/sleeper sofa. Sleeps 4. Full kitchen. pool, private beach access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Barefoot Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barefoot Beach Hotel Indian Shores
- Barefoot Beach Indian Shores
- Barefoot Beach Resort Indian Shores, Florida