“AWESOME EXPERIENCE” 5 of 5 stars

19204 Gulf Blvd., Indian Shores, FL 33785   |
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“AWESOME EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sun Burst Inn last week and had a fabulous time! The staff was accommodating and friendly. The room was clean and had everything we needed. It was the perfect beach cottage setting, much better than any cookie cutter impersonal hotel room. If we ever get the chance to go back you can bet that this will be our first choice!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MrMichaelFlorida, Owner at Sun Burst Inn, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Wow, thanks for the great review! It's people like you that make running this place so awesome. I hope you come back real soon.

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Indian Shores, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We just finished spending a month at Sun Burst Inn with Mike, Marilyn and Amy and, again, was so very pleased with everything. What a gracious group to stay with. Let's face it....you can stay in many various places on the beach and most rooms are all alike. You have a sitting area, kitchen, bed room and bath. It's the hosts that make the difference and Sun Burst has the VERY best. This is THE best area to stay in....you have a great nightclub and a coffee shop right across the street and restaurants within a short walking distance. You have a bus stop just to the left and right of the parking lot. AND...the beach is just out your door!!!

Thank you Mike, Marilyn and Amy for another enjoyable stay and we will see you again for the month of May!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MrMichaelFlorida, Owner at Sun Burst Inn, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thanks kids for such a great review. We feel very lucky having return guests like yourself. See you in May and first drink at Mahuffers is on me!
Berkley, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My sister and I just stayed in unit 21. The view from the deck is spectacular, but the room was quite dirty. We should not pay a premium price and do our own cleaning of the bathroom and kitchen surfaces. The shower was dirty and the shower curtain should be removed immediately due to the crusted mold all over it. Good news is the hot water was plentiful. The floors must not have been cleaned in some time because my socks/feet became quite dirty right away. Both ceiling fans were totally crusted with dust which I noticed up close because I had to climb up on the bed to adjust the speed. I did not even have the guts to look under the bed as another reviewer mentioned, but can't imagine it would be too clean. I would come back if I could be sure that the rooms were cleaned and maintained.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MrMichaelFlorida, Owner at Sun Burst Inn, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
I apologize for the conditions you found the room in and will address these issues immediately. Did you mention the problem to anyone when you first saw the problems so they could be rectified? Sun Burst is an older hotel and we are renewing and remodeling all the time. Being that close to the gulf and the humidity sometimes means the sea air can do more damage than we expect in a very short time.

Thank you for your review. Customer feedback is very important to us and we will strive to exceed your expectations the next time you visit.
orlando
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Good location, really easy access to a very nice beach. When I stay at the beach I don't spend much time in the room so I don't really care if the place isn't fancy. But the rooms need to be cleaned A LOT BETTER and the owners need to do a detailed inspection of the rooms and take care of many small repairs that need to be made. Quaint doesnt have to mean unclean and just because a place is older doesnt excuse it from simple maintenance. I was looking for something that dropped on the floor and was shocked to see what under the bed looked like: shards of glass, hangers, old pill bottles, and a lot of dust. The shower head sprayed water everywhere but straight, the faucet on the sink was crumbling from decay and the bathroom just felt like the dirtiest of any of hotel or inn I have ever stayed in. The hotel is pet friendly, but they need to make sure that guests dont have to put up with all the hair left behind by other people's pets. They do charge a pet fee so I would think that would cover the extra cleaning that should take place after a pet stays in a room. With a little more attention to detail the sun burst inn could really shine.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MrMichaelFlorida, Manager at Sun Burst Inn, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you very much for this review. I will bring up the issue with my cleaning crew and try to make sure we get it handled better in the future. I hope that you visit us again sometime in the future so we can make a better impression
Münster, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

If you are looking for a place that is different then the big high hotel buildings on the beach - you have to stop here! This place runs by a family and you can feel that the full atmosphere is warm and personal! I stayed in room number 18 and had a great view on the ocean. Okay the room could have been a little more clean but you know what, Iam on vacation no worries at all:-) You sleep with the sound of the waves what do you want more!? I will come back next year and this time iam going to spent 2 weeks here. Just amazing! Thanks to Amy and the Grimes. Katja from Germany

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
MrMichaelFlorida, Owner at Sun Burst Inn, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Hi Katja;

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to you coming back in the future. Thanks for the great review.

Michael, Marilyn & Amy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

We showed up for a weekend stay and our reservation was lost. After much conversation they were very generous and got us into a very expensive resort, no cost to us. Although we were really looking forward to the beach front experience, all was not lost. To make up for the mistake they also offered us a weekend on them. I have never in my 65 years seen such generosity for a very common mistake by all hotels. We are going there for Christmas, and really excited, again thanks to the help from Amy, who really knows how to treat guests, and the generosity of the owners.

Stayed August 2012
MrMichaelFlorida, Owner at Sun Burst Inn, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review. Sorry about all the confusion, but I am so happy that everything turned out the way it did and that you come back many times in the future!

Thanks again!

Michael, Marilyn & Amy
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We spent four days here in November of 2012 and it was wonderful. I had a little trouble with the type of room I had reserved, but they quickly resolved my problem. It was great to walk right out of the room and be on the beach in 20 seconds and it was less than a minute to get your toes in the Gulf waters! The little tables outside were the perfect place to drink coffee in the morning. The sunset over the ocean was great every day. The room was clean and comfortable. Just a short walk up the street is a really good seafood restaurant. If you need a luxury motel with turn-down service and designer furnishings, then this may not be the place for you. If you want an affordable cozy old fashioned small motel in a terrific location, then you can't beat the Sun Burst Inn. My only complaint is that parking is a little tight.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MrMichaelFlorida, Owner at Sun Burst Inn, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you!!! You're definitely right, we are definitely old Florida, family friendly and pet friendly. Hope you come back many more times!

Been to Sun Burst Inn? Share your experiences!