“We all had a wonderful time it was perfect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sand Castle Condominiums

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Indian Shores
Sand Castle Condominiums
You added Sand Castle Condominiums to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   20000-20040 Gulf Blvd., Indian Shores, FL 33785   |
Cincinnati, Ohio
“We all had a wonderful time it was perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

We stayed in Sand Castle lll unit 404. It was very spacious and clean for the most part. There was six of us staying there and we had plenty of room. I got married on the beach and the other guest took pictures from their balcony and gave them to us. The only downfall which has nothing to do with the owners is that there was a reunion of over 120 people and the parents didn't watch their children. They took over the pool and acted like wild children that had never been outside before. I didn't report it to anyone which was my fault. I had read some bad reviews about Sand Castle and Jack Collins rentals, but it was beautiful and what a view of the ocean and the sunsets. I could have stayed there for a few more weeks. I will be returning in the future. I think the pool should stay open a bit later. If anyone wants a nice quiet place to vacation this is the place, even with all the kids around I still found peace and quiet. We also saw dolphins, stingrays, and found plenty of cool shells. Thanks to everyone at Jack Collins Rentals. You helped make my wedding very special.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
St. John's, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

Myself, my husband, my daughter and my daughter's boyfriend stayed from May 18 - 27, 2010 in Sand Castle I, Unit 903. Service was very good, no problems and everything was what we expected and had read about.

The rooms were very spacious and clean (no bugs found and that was the main thing as our daughter would not have stayed there is we found any). Everything you needed was available in the condo. Beds were perfect and both bathrooms were very clean and spacious.

We love the location of this condo, everything you needed was in the area. Walk to lunch at the Pub across the street. Little shops all along Gulf Blvd. Lots of shopping and things to do!! Publix, Wal-Mart, Burlington Coat Factory, Beals, Marshalls all in the vacinity or a short drive!

The view from this 9th floor condo was fantastic!!!! The water was so clear during our stay that we could watch dolpins and other fish swimming by and take clear pictures from our desk with the zoom!

The pool and hot tub were great, very clean and well looked after! This time of year it was not busy and we usually had both to ourselves. The grounds all around the pool and garden were well looked after! Hats off to the grounds keeper!

Can't say enough about this great condo and Sand Castle I. I would recommend it to anyone and hope to go back to Sand Castle I next year!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

arrived april 17, 2010 suite 504, the place is old, first thing we noticed was sub standard front door lock, from the 40's, balcony didnt lock either even though there was a police alert about a break and enter team on the prawl- decor was old old old, my wife/daughter hated it, didnt even sleep under the sheets, matresses smelled, mold/dust in w/rooms didnt want to touch anything. Im surprise Nolitours sanctioned/rented me this dump. I went down the street 1 mile to the Sand Dollar, plusher + cheaper, bigger the whole 9 yards - dont waste your money Gross capital G

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

Vacationed March 6-13, 2010 at Sand Castle I, Suite #502. The location was great, the beach just beautiful, the pool was always clean and warm, as was the whirlpool. Our condo, which was very clean, tastefully decorated, and had all the conveniences of home including more small wares, pots & pans than I have at home, and a washer and dryer, a BIG plus especially if you have children or just want to wash towels etc. We rented at a reasonable rate for high season (even though this was a particularly cool year for Florida, the rental prices did not reflect this in a lower rate) and there was an obvious lull in tourism as the temps were only 67 to 71 degrees, which is perfect for me, especially if there's less tourists. Being a power walker and bicyclist I was particularly impressed with separate dedicated lanes in the road, one for walkers and one for bikers. I have NEVER seen that anywhere. Everyone was very friendly and there were plenty of places to rent kayaks to explore the calm intercoastal canals or put in at the Gulf side for a little more waves. They also have lots of bike and scooter rental shops, and no shortage of bars and restaurants. That being said, it is very family friendly and a short drive to Clearwater, Madeira Beach, or St. Petersburg, where there is a million more things to do. We checked out the Lowry zoo in Tampa on the way back to the airport and would definitely recommend a visit if you're a zoo fan, the kids would love it too, and they have special areas and rides as well. If you want to rent a condo in Indian Shores but pay less I suggest you visit toward the end of April, especially this year. Most years it could be pretty hot by then, but this year it might be just right!

Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

We stayed at the Sandcastle condos in July of '08. We rented from Jack Collins Realty across the street from the condos. The condo decor was old, worn out and filthy. Mattress pads were filthy, stained and needed to be washed. The shower in the family bathroom was moldy. The sofas in the livingroom were filthy and needed to be covered with sheets. The phone was "locked" and not operational. The surface of the diningroom table was worn and dirty. The TV remote in the 2nd bedroom didn't work. There was a thick layer of dust under the beds and the carpets were stained and dirty. And then there was the afternoon that the power went out for several hours. The staff at Jack Collins acted like they had no idea of what the problem could be, but they called the local utilities, who came out to the location. We went down to see what the problem was-apparently they turn off the power when you don't pay the bill, go figure! Its not the first time we've rented from them, but it sure is the last. The last trip in '05 the condo was beautiful, freshly renovated but still dirt and dust under the beds and furniture. One morning my husband spotted a large palmetto bug(roach) in our bedroom and tried to kill it with a shoe, but those things are fast and it escaped under the dresser. He moved the dresser and got the bug but found a thick layer of dust and dirt and a small, plastic bag with a "white powder" in it. Just what you want with a 5yr old and a 2yr old. Once again the staff wasnt' shocked, surprised or phased in anyway. So... never again!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Milton, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

We spent a week in unit 903. The layout of the unit was perfect for our family. My husband and I had the king bed in the spacious master bedroom with ensuite. Our two eldest daughters each had her own double bed and shared the second very large bedroom, and the baby slept in a rented crib in the third room off the kitchen which has a single bed. The kitchen is well-equipped with pots and pans, dinnerware and cutlery. The dining table seats 6 comfortably. The dining room opens onto the living room which has two couches that seat five comfortably. The view through the sliding doors off both the living room and the master bedroom was beautiful. The balcony is furnished with two chairs, a table, and a lounge chair. The closet on the balcony contains boogie boards, beach toys, blow-up rafts, and beach chairs. The condo comes equipped with laundry, cable, internet and free long -distance back to Canada.
Overall the condo was furnished to suit the location with a Florida bamboo theme and decorated with pictures of beach scenes, gulls and seashells. The condo is well-kept but old. Shower heads need replacing, the living room rug has seen better days, the linoleum facing of the kitchen cupboards is peeling back. But none of that caused us any grief. The master bed however is quite firm. I would choose a different unit next time for a more comfortable sleep (there are so many properties, so many units available on this beach and others).
The Indian Shores beach is fabulous. The calm, shallow waters and sandy shoreline were perfect for the kids. Three herons kept their eyes on fish everyday and were joined by pelicans, gulls and sandpipers. The condo pool was great. Most of the time we had both the beach and pool to ourselves (we visited end of August into September when the Florida kids are back in school. This was a good time to go to Busch Gardens too - no line-ups for rides). The "backyard" lawn and garden were beautiful and perfectly maintained. The girls chased lizards and a bunny!
The view from the girls' bedrooms was of the intercoastal waterway. The view is pleasant from this side but it does get noisy. The road here is obviously the only route along this narrow strip of land. In the middle of the night when I was nursing the baby, police sirens and rumbling bikers (there seemed to be quite a few) tore down the strip. This side of the condo is not meant for light sleepers.
We ate at Crabby Bill's, a two minute drive down the street to Indian Rocks Beach (another great beach, btw). It's super-casual with indoor picnic tables. The food was good. The shrimp got rave reviews from our eldest. We visited the Bird Sanctuary two minutes the other way on Redington Beach (this beach is not as nice). The sanctuary is a fun visit for kids, and it's free. Tampa is a 40 minute drive.
I found this condo on vrbo.com and rented through the owner and later found it listed at a lower price through the Jack Collins Rental Agency. So, do your research. The people at Jack Collins were efficient. They did a good job cleaning the condo and stocking it with lots of towels.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

I had to write this review to express my thanks to Pam Carpenter for a wonderful stay in her Penthouse #2 at Sandcastle By The Sea, Indian Shores, Florida
My husband & I usually go to Orlando ( we got married there Xmas 2006)
But this time we travelled with a couple and their 2 children
We arrived at around 7pm & by the time we had unpacked, it was sunset and how wonderful it was! We have never seen such wonderful sunsets - they are beyond description. We spent every night on the balcony watching the sun go down before we went out for the evening
My husband & I had wonderful nights sleep in the HUGE bed in the master bedroom and every morning we woke up to glorious sunshine & watched the dolphins swimming by.
Penthouse 2 had everything we needed : very good size, well equipped kitchen,lounge very comfortable, bedrooms fantastic with plenty of storage & a tv in each bedroom.
Our master bedroom had an en suite + shower which was more than adequate.
Well air conditioned condo which kept us lovely & cool which was much appreciated in view the average temperature was 92 degrees!
The condo is in a first class location being located right on the beach - the sand is beautiful & soft and the sea is clear & warm
The other side of the condo overlooks the intercostal water which is also a lovely view
(You can either fish in the sea or at the intercostal water so my husband and his mate went fishing every afternoon)
The accomodation has an outside closet on the balcony which contains a variety of chairs, lilos etc & we also left behind some chairs, a parasol and a fishing rod to add to the collection!
The swimming pool & area is very pleasant with planty of sunbeds & is kept in excellent condition with cleaners coming every morning.
Overall lovely accomodation which is highly recommended
Pam came to see us during our stay and I am happy to say she is just as lovely & friendly as I imagined
There are plenty of supermarkets around if you wish to do self catering however there are plenty of places to eat out & about.
Right opposite the condo is The Pub which serves very good varied food at good prices.I recommend the scallops in parmesan sauce! If you sit outside The Pub in the evening, you can see the dolphins regularly swimming by - and an occasional manatee!
Highly recommend the Villa Galace Italian - superb food & excellent service
We went to Bubba Gump at St Johns Pass although it was a little on the expensive side due to it being a themed pub ( based on Forest Gump) and is in a very busy tourist spot. We had shrimps coming out of our ears by the end of the meal but we had great fun & the staff were brilliant!
Salt Rock Grill is also recommended but it is expensive
We went to Crabbie Bills but were disappointed with it so is not recommended to be honest
For shopping, I recommend Ellenton Outlet nr St Petersburg & Tyrone Square St Petes - each are a good day out!
St Johns Pass has a variety of shops but some of them are rather lacking in taste
However there are plenty of other shops around everywhere
I also went swimming with mantees at Crystal River which was a wonderful experience albeit we had to set off at 5:30am! (see www.sunshinerivertours.com)
Of course, we also went to Busch Gardens which was still amazing as ever
This holiday has certainly been one of our best so we aim to go back in the future
Thanks again again for a wonderful stay ................ we look forward to seeing you again!
Best regards, Elaine Maxfield UK

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Sand Castle Condominiums? Share your experiences!