“Beware of Waterfront Vacation Rental Agency” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Seagate Condominiums

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Indian Shores
Seagate Condominiums
You added Seagate Condominiums to your Saves list
19418 Gulf Boulevard, Indian Shores, FL 34630   |
Montreal
“Beware of Waterfront Vacation Rental Agency”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2008

We stayed for 2 weeks at the Seagate Condo room 104. The place is nicely renovated with new furnishings. The location is great, right on the beach with access to shopping near by. The beach was beautiful and access to it incredible. You can easily rent lounge chairs on the beach with umbrellas. The pool was kept a little cold but clean.
The condo unit we had was beautiful to look at but when we entered, we noticed it was not cleaned properly. The carpets in the bedrooms were dirty and looked like they needed a steaming. The bed comforters also had spots on them and looked old. The bathrooms were kept nice and had plenty of towels for a family of 6. The kitchen was full of amenities like described and we had access to washer and dryer in the condo unit. The laundry room was not kept too clean. The kitchen looked clean but when you actually opened the cupboards, well we found droppings which we did not know were droppings until about 4 days into our vacation.
This is where the problem started-It turns out that we had roommates! There were roaches which we were told were due to the high humidity-they refer to them as water bugs that are not there because of filth. Regardless, I did not spend $3000 to live with bugs! We contacted Waterfront Vacation rentals who sent an exterminator. We continued seeing the roaches but then we started seeing other tiny bugs that attacked our food. We basically had to throw out any food kept in the cupboards because these bugs got into our sealed food and started keeping everything in the fridge to make sure it stayed bug free. The exterminator came again while we were out for the day. The tiny bugs seemed to be around less but we continued to see the roaches (they were just slower since they were being contaminated with poison). We tried to get through it since we had to be there for 2 weeks!

What upside my party was the fact that Waterfront Vacation Rentals didn't do anything to try to follow up on the situation. Knowing we complained twice, you would think they would check in on us to at least try to pretend to show they care about their clients. Show some sort of customer service-a free meal, a discount, or even just a phone call! Once we returned home, I complained again to them because I felt it was important for the owners of the condo to be made aware of the situation. I was basically told that the tiny bugs probably came from the food from the grocery store and that the roaches are normal and they had the place exterminated monthly. Then they turned on us and said that we had rolled up the area rug in the living room and moved the coffee table to the side and therefore they had to take extra time to move it back. Give me a break, how difficult is it to unroll a little carpet and pick up a small coffee table? I explained that we needed to do that because the carpet was so dirty (there was a pile of dirt underneath it when we moved it-making it obvious they cleaned around things!) and I had a small child crawling on the floor. The agency said they would not charge us more for this-we were lucky! Then they proceeded to say how the cleaning people were required to spend extra time cleaning out the cupboards because we had sprayed Raid in them. Again they said normally they would have to charge us for that-we were lucky! I explained to them that we only sprayed Raid because the exterminator did not come immediately and we needed to find some sort of solution to get rid of the roaches-and the only cupboard we sprayed was where the garbage was kept because that is where we kept seeing the bugs. We would not have contaimated the cupboards since we were living in the condo! I also explained how I felt the cleaning people needed to clean out the cupboards more regularly since when we first arrived there were droppings in the cupboards forcing us to take time on our vacation to wash out all the plates, flatware and pots and pans to make it hygenic for using. Waterfront Vacation Rentals were quick to say to us that we were lucky that they were not going to charge us for the extra cleaning and moving of furniture after we left but they did not offer a discount or to return the payment we had made for cleaning the condo prior to our arrival-which was useless to us and we had to redo everything.
My regret was that we paid the full amount of the rental fee before we arrived-this is their procedure-I will never do this again because after I made my complaint, they rudely replied to me making it clear they felt they had no fault in the situation and offered to give me a 10% discount on future bookings!
Once I responded, they never contacted me again.

Finally, we rented through another company a crib for our baby. The person we rented said they would come by to pick up payment during our stay. It seemed he missed us (we must have been on the beach) so instead of billing us directly, Waterfront rentals charged my credit card. This did not bother me until I saw that they had charged me more than I was quoted by the company I rented the crib from. They explaind that they paid the crib rental place for me directly and they would take the fee from me but that they charged more! I had my bank stop the payment and I told them I would not reissue any payment because my agreement was for a lower price and with the other company not Waterfront. I also said that I would treat this as a discount for my cleaning fee. Well, the crib rental company immediately contaced me and asked to be paid and Waterfront Vacation rentals reversed the crib charge on my credit card-they were not going to lose out on making one dime!

I just wanted to warn everyone to becareful if you book with Waterfront Vacation Rentals-their service is horrendous!

It is too bad they treated us so badly because we actually liked Indian Shores. The beach is gorgeaous and if you are looking for a relaxing place-this is it.

It made us sad knowing that all we wanted was the agency to treat us with a little respect. We know the bug situation can get rectified and the condo unit could be cleaned up but if the owners continue using Waterfront Vacation rentals, they will lose out!

• Liked — Located on beach and beach is beautiful!
  • Disliked — Not kept clean, had to live with roaches and the fact you have to deal with a not nice agency renting the place for the owers!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Toronto Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2008

This is a great area for a quiet vacation - not too busy and no big hotels etc here. Sea Gate has been updated with very clean units with new appliances including a washer and dryer in the unit we rented. The unit is completely equipped with cooking and serving needs including tons of plates, bowls, cups, glasses and flatware. The units are all 3 bedroom and 2 baths. There is food shopping nearby and lots of restaurants. Best of all is the view - you'll be right on the beach with great sunsets. There is a heated pool and the elevator does not smell unpleasant like the other reviewer noted, - and it works fine too.

• Liked — The gulf views
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

We were very happy with our stay here. It was very clean, the beach was great, and the pool was perfect for our kids. They even had a closet full of toys for the beach. The elevator is slow and smells, use the stairs. Otherwise, excellent place for a reasonably priced family vacation. I highly recommend this complex.

• Liked — clean, direct ocean front
  • Disliked — elevator
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family

Been to Seagate Condominiums? Share your experiences!