“Free!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Mountains
Activities: Birdwatching, Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Largest bird hospital in the U.S.
Seoul, South Korea
3 attraction reviews
“Free!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Excellent trip with my kids...The staff did a lot to teach them about the pelicans and birds of prey.

Visited February 2012

Visited March 2012

Orlando, Florida
“Small, but wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great place to see all different birds; staff is great to interact with and share information. We donate every time we go there to help out an organization which does such critical work near our shores.

Visited January 2013
Unionville, Ohio, United States
“True Love.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I find the work of the Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary to be simply commendable. I would not think of starting any day of my vacation time in North Reddington Beach without a walk up the beach to Suncoast. They truly do an amazing job on a limited budget in rescuing and rehabilitating injured seabirds. But, what I find most commendable is the work they have done to almost singlehandedly to save the brown pelican. On our visits this week, we had the opportunity to see several nestlings. We also learned that the Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary hospital is in dire need of donations. If you can, please make a donation to the hospital so it's dedicated staff can continue to do God's work.

Visited February 2013
“A Great Cause!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is a great little walk through that supports our injured seabirds.
I wouldn't plan on making a day out of it or even a couple hours (Small walk through).Plan a walk on the beach,since it's located on Indian Shores with a beach entrance in the back/end or just stop in before lunch.

Visited October 2012
Northampton, Massachusetts
“Birds, Birds, birds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I really liked this place. I went every day while I was in Indian shores. It is a bit sad because many of the birds are in there permanently because they are injured too severely to be released. But there are lots of birds walking around and roosting. I took some great photos of herons and egrets up close. The people who run this are trying hard to save birds and help them. It is also the only speck of beach that is "natural"-there are trees and plants. Otherwise, the beach is swarmed with condos. This place gives you an idea what it might be like if there weren't 100's of people all around. 90% of the birds in here have been injured by man so it is nice that the people who run this are at least trying to do something. I was happy to donate to them. I highly recommend the Sanctuary for up close views of birds.

Visited January 2013