Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 Second Street, Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Wonderful hotel in a perfect location. We were upgraded to a suite for our 9 day stay, which was greatly appreciated. 2 large beds and TVs- with a game console. 2 pools and a small gym. Loved the layout of the hotel and within walking distance of the beach. Also great central location for driving to other beaches- St Pete's, Clearwater, Pass a Grille etc. Definitely go back again. Found all the staff very helpful. Didn't eat there or use the bar- but they always seemed lively. I used the laundry too and evefrything was there that was needed and a cheap price.

426 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I had read some not so great reviews but we really enjoyed our 4 day stay here last weekend. All of the employees seemed friendly enough, and the room was kept very clean. I loved the openness of the hotel layout, it was very different from any hotel I've ever stayed at.
I think the location was the best part of the hotel. It was only about a 5 minute walk to Indian Rocks Beach from the hotel, and it was a super easy drive to Clearwater Beach, Madeira Beach or St. Pete. There were also a few different dining options within walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Oulu, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

A cozy place with a real nice location next to the water (not the beach though). There's also a nice pool area with a bar where you can take it easy and enjoy a coctail or two... or three. The sounds from the bar might keep you awake if you're a light sleeper but I didn't mind it, slept like a baby even thought our room was right next to the bar. We were lucky to get rooms here since it was the holiday season and we didn't have any reservations and it seemed like all the the other hotels were booked full. Also the rooms were nice and clean and the staff was friendy, what more can you ask? Oh yeah you can wash your clothes here! There's washers and dryers that you can use for less than 2$. You don't even need to bring any washing powder because there's a vending machine where you can get it.

Room Tip: Ask a room with some distance to the bar if you got children or are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Kissimmee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

During the night as I went to use the bathroom, I noticed a large water bug (~3cm) inside the shower. At check out I did mention this to the front desk, and he responded, "what do you expect? we are surrounded by water." Very unprofessional, he did not offer any apology or to even try to correct the issue. This seemed normal to him, maybe he has these critters at home, so I guess this would be normal for him... Never going back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear agar1975,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

I sincerely apologize for the poor experience and service issues you had during your stay. This is definitely not up to our standards and deeply regret for falling short on our regular standards on this occasion.

I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. I hope we get the opportunity to show you some of our improvements on your next trip to Indian Rocks Beach.

Crosby, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

After booking my week long stay at the Holiday Inn almost a month in advance, I started to see some reviews that were very disheartening; such as bugs, mold, non-functioning a/c units, you name it, someone complined about it.

When my wife and I arrived on site, we excited to see such a fresh and unique hotel rather than 'cookie cutter' htels you would normally find. We booked a King Studio, mid-courtyard on the lower floor and it was perfect! I have stayed in some very seedy hotels before, but this is far from even your 'average' hotel. The inner courtyard gives you protection from the rain when playing on the minigolf course or walking between rooms and the pool, Jimmy Guana's, the elevator and stairs , etc. The room was very clean and they even stock the restrooms with Bath & Body Works products like shampoo, conditioner and lotion. I have also seen some complaints about the small windows, but let me tell ou, we had a large picture window out to the courtyard (roughly 5' tall by 8' wide) that could be fully exposed by opening the wooden shutter style blinds, or fully sealed off at night by closing the louvers. The in-wall a/c unit may be a tad bit small for the space, but by setting it at 68 I was able to keep the room at a comfortable 73 degrees all day long. The bedside kitchenette is adequate for short stays and comes stocked with pots, pans, plates, silverwear and an in-counter 2 burner stove if you wanted to cook yourself. The mini fridge was enough to hold leftovers from our dinners, a 12pack of cokes and a few bottles of water. Full size closet, hangers, ironing board and iron, dual sinks, adequately sized restroom, 2 seater table, large couch that can be folded out into a bed, 37" TV, coffe table, alarm clocks, can lights on a dimmer above the bed for reading... I can't find anything to pick on. Everything is satisfactory!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pitman, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hotel itself is nice and open with great views of the marina and close to the beach. One minor issue upon arrival was the non-functioning elevator and lack of carts for baggage (the hotel only has 5 total). Now onto the bigger issue.

ATROCIOUS, DISRESPECTFUL, RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL...these are a few words that come to mind when describing my stay and the staff at this hotel. We stayed over the July 4th weekend as part of a wedding. The night of the wedding, bride and groom were asleep upstairs in their suite and a few guests were sitting on the outside deck of the suite. After receiving a noise complaint against us the night before, we were talking quietly outside when the hotel manager accompanied by 5 police officers entered the room. They rudely told us we had to vacate the hotel...THE BRIDE AND GROOM INCLUDED!! One of the guests, a member of the US Army, asked why we were being asked to leave without warning; we were told we received a warning the night before...yes, a completely different night, different group, different circumstances. He then was ARRESTED immediately and told he was an embarrassment to the US military! The bride came downstairs in her wedding dress to see what was going on, rightfully got upset and angry, then had the police pull out their TASER because she was arguing with them! I don't know about anyone else, but the unprofessionalism, rudeness, and unnecessary power trip of the hotel management is astounding. I'm amazed a company such as this would put their guests through this horrific experience. No cars, no place to go...would you put yourself or your family in the care of an establishment with this character?

I've honestly never been treated so poorly in my life and I will never get the vision of my cousin, the bride, standing there in her wedding gown sobbing in front of hotel management and police being kicked out of her room on her wedding night.

Dear Kat0980,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

It is regrettable to learn that we have left you with a less than memorable experience especially on this special occasion. I sincerely apologize for the poor experience you had and for any inconvenience our staff has caused you. We deeply regret the dissatisfaction and the negative impressions you may have had.

Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with. As such, your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future improvements where possible. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Melbourne, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

When I entered my room, I could not believe my eyes. It was overlooking a courtyard, that is if you could see out the only window in the room which was maybe two feet wide covered with shutters from the outside. The room was so dark that you could not see anything without a light on. It was small and confining. I believe they converted a broom closet into a room.
I requested a different room and was told, sorry no can do. If I wanted an upgrade, that is to say a room with a window to the outside it would be $75 more.
I was so turned off by this whole experience, we drove 3 hours to get to this place, and checked out within 30 minutes.
I will admit I did get the room on Priceline, and it got such glowing reviews, I was very excited when they accepted my bid of $126, which is of course, non refundable.
When I read other peoples' reviews, I think, "were they at the same place?", but I am sure they didn't get assigned a broom closet, which by the way did smell like one too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Cindy M,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We take all comments seriously and value the chance to make improvements where possible.

I am disappointed to hear that you didn't find your room to your liking. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any dissatisfaction this has caused you and for the negative impressions you may have had.

These certainly are not usual and we will be looking into these further and rest assured that your comments will be used to target opportunity areas. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside

Address: 401 Second Street, Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785
Location: United States > Florida > Indian Rocks Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Indian Rocks Beach
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside 3*
Welcome to the Holiday Inn and Suites Harbourside Clearwater South! Enjoy your family vacation, business meeting, wedding, or social gathering at our 15 acre tropical Key West style waterfront resort. We are centrally located between Clearwater Beach and St Pete Beach, directly on the Intracoastal Waterway, in the heart of the quaint and charming community of Indian Rocks Beach. We are a short walk to the pristine beaches of the Gulf of Mexico, shopping, restaurants and nightlife. Take a dip in one of our two heated pools, relax in the Jacuzzi and enjoy a refreshing beverage poolside at Rum Runners Tiki Bar. Our new waterpark is currently under construction and is scheduled to open this summer. Boaters, fishermen and vacationers alike, enjoy our 50 slip marina where you can dock your boat, rent a boat, go on a chartered fishing trip, and dolphin and sunset tours. Unwind with a tropical drink and a great meal at Jimmy Guana's Waterfront Bar and Grill, where you can enjoy nightly tropical drink specials and live entertainment. Family's love our miniature golf course and game room. We have suites for every budget and size, from economical courtyard rooms, convenient studios, sunset and marina view condo suites to luxury 1200 sq. Ft. Condo villas. Connecting rooms, long term rentals and group rates are available. Our Key West Conference Center is the perfect tropical location for events, weddings and meetings with over 4,000 sq. Ft. Of flexible space for functions up to 250. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Indian Rocks Beach/Clearwater
Holiday Inn Clearwater
Holiday Inn Indian Rocks Beach
Indian Rocks Beach Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.