After booking my week long stay at the Holiday Inn almost a month in advance, I started to see some reviews that were very disheartening; such as bugs, mold, non-functioning a/c units, you name it, someone complined about it.
When my wife and I arrived on site, we excited to see such a fresh and unique hotel rather than 'cookie cutter' htels you would normally find. We booked a King Studio, mid-courtyard on the lower floor and it was perfect! I have stayed in some very seedy hotels before, but this is far from even your 'average' hotel. The inner courtyard gives you protection from the rain when playing on the minigolf course or walking between rooms and the pool, Jimmy Guana's, the elevator and stairs , etc. The room was very clean and they even stock the restrooms with Bath & Body Works products like shampoo, conditioner and lotion. I have also seen some complaints about the small windows, but let me tell ou, we had a large picture window out to the courtyard (roughly 5' tall by 8' wide) that could be fully exposed by opening the wooden shutter style blinds, or fully sealed off at night by closing the louvers. The in-wall a/c unit may be a tad bit small for the space, but by setting it at 68 I was able to keep the room at a comfortable 73 degrees all day long. The bedside kitchenette is adequate for short stays and comes stocked with pots, pans, plates, silverwear and an in-counter 2 burner stove if you wanted to cook yourself. The mini fridge was enough to hold leftovers from our dinners, a 12pack of cokes and a few bottles of water. Full size closet, hangers, ironing board and iron, dual sinks, adequately sized restroom, 2 seater table, large couch that can be folded out into a bed, 37" TV, coffe table, alarm clocks, can lights on a dimmer above the bed for reading... I can't find anything to pick on. Everything is satisfactory!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn and Suites Harbourside Clearwater South! Enjoy your family vacation, business meeting, wedding, or social gathering at our 15 acre tropical Key West style waterfront resort. We are centrally located between Clearwater Beach and St Pete Beach, directly on the Intracoastal Waterway, in the heart of the quaint and charming community of Indian Rocks Beach. We are a short walk to the pristine beaches of the Gulf of Mexico, shopping, restaurants and nightlife. Take a dip in one of our two heated pools, relax in the Jacuzzi and enjoy a refreshing beverage poolside at Rum Runners Tiki Bar. Our new waterpark is currently under construction and is scheduled to open this summer. Boaters, fishermen and vacationers alike, enjoy our 50 slip marina where you can dock your boat, rent a boat, go on a chartered fishing trip, and dolphin and sunset tours. Unwind with a tropical drink and a great meal at Jimmy Guana's Waterfront Bar and Grill, where you can enjoy nightly tropical drink specials and live entertainment. Family's love our miniature golf course and game room. We have suites for every budget and size, from economical courtyard rooms, convenient studios, sunset and marina view condo suites to luxury 1200 sq. Ft. Condo villas. Connecting rooms, long term rentals and group rates are available. Our Key West Conference Center is the perfect tropical location for events, weddings and meetings with over 4,000 sq. Ft. Of flexible space for functions up to 250. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Indian Rocks Beach/Clearwater
- Holiday Inn Clearwater
- Holiday Inn Indian Rocks Beach
- Indian Rocks Beach Holiday Inn