The hotel itself is nice and open with great views of the marina and close to the beach. One minor issue upon arrival was the non-functioning elevator and lack of carts for baggage (the hotel only has 5 total). Now onto the bigger issue.
ATROCIOUS, DISRESPECTFUL, RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL...these are a few words that come to mind when describing my stay and the staff at this hotel. We stayed over the July 4th weekend as part of a wedding. The night of the wedding, bride and groom were asleep upstairs in their suite and a few guests were sitting on the outside deck of the suite. After receiving a noise complaint against us the night before, we were talking quietly outside when the hotel manager accompanied by 5 police officers entered the room. They rudely told us we had to vacate the hotel...THE BRIDE AND GROOM INCLUDED!! One of the guests, a member of the US Army, asked why we were being asked to leave without warning; we were told we received a warning the night before...yes, a completely different night, different group, different circumstances. He then was ARRESTED immediately and told he was an embarrassment to the US military! The bride came downstairs in her wedding dress to see what was going on, rightfully got upset and angry, then had the police pull out their TASER because she was arguing with them! I don't know about anyone else, but the unprofessionalism, rudeness, and unnecessary power trip of the hotel management is astounding. I'm amazed a company such as this would put their guests through this horrific experience. No cars, no place to go...would you put yourself or your family in the care of an establishment with this character?
I've honestly never been treated so poorly in my life and I will never get the vision of my cousin, the bride, standing there in her wedding gown sobbing in front of hotel management and police being kicked out of her room on her wedding night.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Indian Rocks Beach/Clearwater
- Holiday Inn Clearwater
- Holiday Inn Indian Rocks Beach
- Indian Rocks Beach Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South where the fun never sets!Our Intracoastal waterfront location is just steps away from white sandy beaches and the Gulf of Mexico, and minutes away from St. Petersburg/Clearwater Airport (PIE), and Tampa International Airport (TPA). On 15 tropical acres, your perfect location for your next family vacation, business meeting or social gathering. Enjoy playing volleyball on sandy courts. Take a dip in our spectacular 3,000 square ft. free-form heated pool with cascading waterfall and majestic pirate ship. Enjoy our fitness center, game room or experience fun in the sun when you visit our 50-slip marina with boat rentals, chartered fishing and dolphin watch expeditions. Relax in your own tropical Islander Guest Room, Key West Studio with kitchenette, 1 BR Condo Suite with separate living area, or your 1,200 square foot two-story Villa with in-room Jacuzzi. Enjoy a great meal at Jimmy Guana's Waterfront Restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, or unwind with our nightly drink specials and live entertainment. Planning a meeting, our Key West Conference Center is the perfect location with over 4,000 sq ft of flexible meeting space. The Holiday Inn Harbourside is everything you expect and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Indian Rocks Beach/Clearwater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.