I picked this hotel for a one-night stay based on its discounted rate from one of the hotel booking sites...what a neat find! It is indeed not new but very Jimmy Buffet-like in atmosphere. It has the potential to be noisy because the rooms open onto a verandah-like wooden sidewalk that skirts all the rooms and yes, you can hear people walking by, but only sometimes! The upside to this is its quaintness. The rooms open onto the inside courtyard in which there is mini golf and access to other amenities. The restaurant and bar, outdoor and indoor, is down at one end. We were given coupons for free drinks at check-in, so we went. Next morning I learned at the restaurant that there were also coupons for breakfast, which we did not have, but breakfast there was fast and efficient and delicious anyway, in a room well decorated with hanging fish and other Florida-type artifacts. The hotel room (we had two) was comfortable, nice TV, beds, linens, etc. There were three of us in one room and we were okay. The hotel backs onto a marina which gives it a nice ambience, and you can easily walk to a nice public beach, great for shells and sitting and strolling. My daughter went running on the beach. Parking was very convenient, covered, beneath the hotel, accessible by fast elevator. We would have liked to have hung around more but we had to get on our way. I would like to stay again for a bit longer and soak up more of the atmosphere. It was fun!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Indian Rocks Beach/Clearwater
- Holiday Inn Clearwater
- Holiday Inn Indian Rocks Beach
- Indian Rocks Beach Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South where the fun never sets!Our Intracoastal waterfront location is just steps away from white sandy beaches and the Gulf of Mexico, and minutes away from St. Petersburg/Clearwater Airport (PIE), and Tampa International Airport (TPA). On 15 tropical acres, your perfect location for your next family vacation, business meeting or social gathering. Enjoy playing volleyball on sandy courts. Take a dip in our spectacular 3,000 square ft. free-form heated pool with cascading waterfall and majestic pirate ship. Enjoy our fitness center, game room or experience fun in the sun when you visit our 50-slip marina with boat rentals, chartered fishing and dolphin watch expeditions. Relax in your own tropical Islander Guest Room, Key West Studio with kitchenette, 1 BR Condo Suite with separate living area, or your 1,200 square foot two-story Villa with in-room Jacuzzi. Enjoy a great meal at Jimmy Guana's Waterfront Restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, or unwind with our nightly drink specials and live entertainment. Planning a meeting, our Key West Conference Center is the perfect location with over 4,000 sq ft of flexible meeting space. The Holiday Inn Harbourside is everything you expect and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Indian Rocks Beach/Clearwater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.