We use this hotel often to put out of town guests. The property as a whole is very different. A kind of resort but not really The bar almost always has music. Restaurant is good in a pinch but not great. If you are lucky to get a water view, it is very nice. You can't beat the marina or the tiki bar on a nice day.
The basic rooms are very... Well.... Basic! They are very small and on the second floor the frontage of the nicer rooms that they call cottages. It depends on who has the "cottage" behind your room on the notice level and traffic. And also the noise level depends on how close you are to the band. The room has basic amenities and decor has very little imagination, cost or effort. More like a Days Inn type of room. But, it is clean. Very important. And I feel these rooms are over priced.
Now if you are one of the lucky ones to be upgraded to a "cottage" your experience will be much different. This is really a two story small apartment. The room is attached to the main building and NOT a cottage as the word suggests. You enter on the second floor of the hotel to the living quarters (behind the smaller rooms) with open 2 story high ceilings. A small kitchen, sitting area and dining area with the bedroom upstairs. With a nice view. Water view is spectacular but the parking lot view is still nice because of the sunsets over the Gulf of Mexico. Very comfortable but not plush. Decor is on the bottom of the scale and kind of cheep. I would really like to see a little "plush" in this space or maybe nicer carpet. When we had this room it was clean and the staff very nice.
If you get a standard room I would recommend this property if you will not be in your room much. The entertainment, pool, tiki bar are nice. And a short 3 block walk to area restaurants and the beach for sunsets. Pool is very nice with an area for the kids to play. Adults will love the tiki bar where you can also order food.
The bar is in the main building with all the tropical favorites and entertainment. It really adds to the property. The restaurant is ok. Service is good and food is good for what it is. Definitely adds to the property making it a full service property. There is no spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn and Suites Harbourside Clearwater South! Enjoy your family vacation, business meeting, wedding, or social gathering at our 15 acre tropical Key West style waterfront resort. We are centrally located between Clearwater Beach and St Pete Beach, directly on the Intracoastal Waterway, in the heart of the quaint and charming community of Indian Rocks Beach. We are a short walk to the pristine beaches of the Gulf of Mexico, shopping, restaurants and nightlife. Take a dip in one of our two heated pools, relax in the Jacuzzi and enjoy a refreshing beverage poolside at Rum Runners Tiki Bar. Our new waterpark is currently under construction and is scheduled to open this summer. Boaters, fishermen and vacationers alike, enjoy our 50 slip marina where you can dock your boat, rent a boat, go on a chartered fishing trip, and dolphin and sunset tours. Unwind with a tropical drink and a great meal at Jimmy Guana's Waterfront Bar and Grill, where you can enjoy nightly tropical drink specials and live entertainment. Family's love our miniature golf course and game room. We have suites for every budget and size, from economical courtyard rooms, convenient studios, sunset and marina view condo suites to luxury 1200 sq. Ft. Condo villas. Connecting rooms, long term rentals and group rates are available. Our Key West Conference Center is the perfect tropical location for events, weddings and meetings with over 4,000 sq. Ft. Of flexible space for functions up to 250. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Indian Rocks Beach/Clearwater
- Holiday Inn Clearwater
- Holiday Inn Indian Rocks Beach
- Indian Rocks Beach Holiday Inn