We live in the area and have seen the place for years, but had an event here, so stayed a few nites. We had a "marina view" suite, so I only speak from that. The room was great with living area, breakfast bar that seperated the kitchen area, and then bedroom off to the side. Bath was two rooms, with sink and closet, then toilet and shower.
From bedroom, sliding glass door to the walkway which served as your balcony looking out on the marina and the inter-coastal waterway. Lots of boats to watch, but no beach to walk on. If you want beach, it's about 2 to 3 blocks away, certainlty walkable. We have the beach all the time, so that was not an issue.
Huge property, 18 hole mini golf course running down the middle of the ground/first floor, restaurants, bars, inside and out two pools, one large with Tiki Bar and view of the water, one smaller, enclosed with a hot tub, a little quieter. Boat rental, bike rental, tons of activities for everyone. Places to eat "on campus," and so many reataurants in the area, including the Salt Rock Grill, which I will review next, with another five stars.
I am don't usually give 5 stars, 4 is the most if I like a place, and reserve 5 for the really special places, this is one (as is the Salt Rock Grill.) The only downside, if you want to be "on" the beach, this isn' the place. Otherwise, this is the place for a great stay.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Indian Rocks Beach/Clearwater
- Holiday Inn Clearwater
- Holiday Inn Indian Rocks Beach
- Indian Rocks Beach Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South where the fun never sets!Our Intracoastal waterfront location is just steps away from white sandy beaches and the Gulf of Mexico, and minutes away from St. Petersburg/Clearwater Airport (PIE), and Tampa International Airport (TPA). On 15 tropical acres, your perfect location for your next family vacation, business meeting or social gathering. Enjoy playing volleyball on sandy courts. Take a dip in our spectacular 3,000 square ft. free-form heated pool with cascading waterfall and majestic pirate ship. Enjoy our fitness center, game room or experience fun in the sun when you visit our 50-slip marina with boat rentals, chartered fishing and dolphin watch expeditions. Relax in your own tropical Islander Guest Room, Key West Studio with kitchenette, 1 BR Condo Suite with separate living area, or your 1,200 square foot two-story Villa with in-room Jacuzzi. Enjoy a great meal at Jimmy Guana's Waterfront Restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, or unwind with our nightly drink specials and live entertainment. Planning a meeting, our Key West Conference Center is the perfect location with over 4,000 sq ft of flexible meeting space. The Holiday Inn Harbourside is everything you expect and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Venere, Booking.com, Olotels, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Indian Rocks Beach/Clearwater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.