We live in the area and have seen the place for years, but had an event here, so stayed a few nites. We had a "marina view" suite, so I only speak from that. The room was great with living area, breakfast bar that seperated the kitchen area, and then bedroom off to the side. Bath was two rooms, with sink and closet, then toilet and shower.
From bedroom, sliding glass door to the walkway which served as your balcony looking out on the marina and the inter-coastal waterway. Lots of boats to watch, but no beach to walk on. If you want beach, it's about 2 to 3 blocks away, certainlty walkable. We have the beach all the time, so that was not an issue.
Huge property, 18 hole mini golf course running down the middle of the ground/first floor, restaurants, bars, inside and out two pools, one large with Tiki Bar and view of the water, one smaller, enclosed with a hot tub, a little quieter. Boat rental, bike rental, tons of activities for everyone. Places to eat "on campus," and so many reataurants in the area, including the Salt Rock Grill, which I will review next, with another five stars.
I am don't usually give 5 stars, 4 is the most if I like a place, and reserve 5 for the really special places, this is one (as is the Salt Rock Grill.) The only downside, if you want to be "on" the beach, this isn' the place. Otherwise, this is the place for a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn and Suites Harbourside Clearwater South! Enjoy your family vacation, business meeting, wedding, or social gathering at our 15 acre tropical Key West style waterfront resort. We are centrally located between Clearwater Beach and St Pete Beach, directly on the Intracoastal Waterway, in the heart of the quaint and charming community of Indian Rocks Beach. We are a short walk to the pristine beaches of the Gulf of Mexico, shopping, restaurants and nightlife. Take a dip in one of our two heated pools, relax in the Jacuzzi and enjoy a refreshing beverage poolside at Rum Runners Tiki Bar. Our new waterpark is currently under construction and is scheduled to open this summer. Boaters, fishermen and vacationers alike, enjoy our 50 slip marina where you can dock your boat, rent a boat, go on a chartered fishing trip, and dolphin and sunset tours. Unwind with a tropical drink and a great meal at Jimmy Guana's Waterfront Bar and Grill, where you can enjoy nightly tropical drink specials and live entertainment. Family's love our miniature golf course and game room. We have suites for every budget and size, from economical courtyard rooms, convenient studios, sunset and marina view condo suites to luxury 1200 sq. Ft. Condo villas. Connecting rooms, long term rentals and group rates are available. Our Key West Conference Center is the perfect tropical location for events, weddings and meetings with over 4,000 sq. Ft. Of flexible space for functions up to 250. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Indian Rocks Beach/Clearwater
- Holiday Inn Clearwater
- Holiday Inn Indian Rocks Beach
- Indian Rocks Beach Holiday Inn