“incredible food and great fun!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Clearwater, Florida, United States
“incredible food and great fun!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have eaten at 18 on the Rocks several times trying different menu items. Their food is ALL excellent. Clam Chowder best on the beach, fish is cooked to perfection and always fresh. Some of their other tastier offerings included shrimp Alfredo linguine. Right down to some of the simple things that other restaurants mess up and take for granted...like the cole slaw...none better and I'm picky... 18 on the Rocks is a fun atmosphere often featuring great local musicians. This restaurant is new in town, but supports the community and I know they look for your support regarding their biz. Bring friends and try something new. I look forward to trying creative chef specialties on a rotating basis and gotta say, some good crab soup would add to their offerings.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Patrick A, Owner at 18 on the Rocks, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
What amazing support - thanks for taking the time to write such detail, we really appreciate you.
Your suggestion is also a great one. I am going to run it by everyone and if we do create a crab soup YOU can be our official taste tester! Keep in touch, and thanks again.

Downers Grove, Illinois
“Nice place after day on beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Found this spot after spending a day on the beach. Very good food and service. In fact came back the next day and food was just as good. Nice atmosphere, very laid back. Owner stopped by to check on things. Would definitely recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Patrick A, Owner at 18 on the Rocks, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Great review - thanks a lot Mike! We are glad you enjoyed your visits.
Belleair Bluffs, Florida, United States
“Finding their Groove!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We (my guy and I)took our 93 year young man out for dinner. He is a good sport...started of with rum runner double. As strong as it was it was delicious. The server Dana was very accommodating. Food was great. Clam chowder was some of the best I have had. Also enjoyed a salad... good honey mustard and tomatoes. We had the lobster tail pasta which I suggest... my other half had the grouper another good choice. Good cole slaw. Prices are reasonable. I can see this being a success for dining. However it is geared more as a bar than a restaurant which I hope it changes. Although we sat inside we could hear the gutarist sing outside which made for good atmosphere. It would make a great stop for coming off the beach and a great place for the locals to go.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indian Rocks Beach, Florida
“Not Family Friendly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I live and the area and was very happy to see that our local dive bar as been redone. This was not a place that I would have gone before seeing that it was known to be less then nice and filled with drunk people acting like idiots. But we has hear good things that the owner were making a change and the food was good. So we tried it out! The food was good and our waitress did an amazing job. HOWEVER......this is still NOT the place to take your family for dinner. I was shock and I was told by our waitress that the lady half dressed was the bartender. She looked like she just left her shift at the strip club! Not something that I want my children around. The drunk people are still here acting like idiots! Do the bartenders not know when to cut someone off?
It's sad to say that even though the building looks so much better its still the same dive bar. We will not be back.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Patrick A, Owner at 18 on the Rocks, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Hi Amber,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are happy to hear that you loved the food and service you received during your visit.
I do want to let you know that we are working hard to build this restaurant up and realize we haven't perfected allllll angles... quite yet. However, one immediate change we made because of your review was allowing our bartenders to dress too casually.

Hopefully you will change your mind about trying us out again; we want this to be a place you want to visit, often, and with your help, your honest reviews, we will be!
So please, come visit us again and leave another review- we want to hear what you have to say.

Thank you again for your helpful feedback Amber - hope to see you again soon!
“Great place to relax and have fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

this place has everything that you want great food,great service,friendly staff,great entertainment and the best of all great prices I highly recommend going to this place if you want to have yourself a good time. Not to mention the new owners Patrick and Doug are two the nicest guys. Keep up the good work

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Patrick A, Owner at 18 on the Rocks, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Roger, thank you for your great review! Hope to see you again soon!