“Great Place to Stay on Indian Rocks Beach” 5 of 5 stars

You added Gulf Towers Resort Motel to your Saves list
Gulf Towers Resort Motel
404 Gulf Boulevard, Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785   |
Washington DC, USA
“Great Place to Stay on Indian Rocks Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here in April 2012 after we liked it in November 2011.

We stayed on the ground floor, facing the beach, and it was so great.

The place did not smell at all.

It was so clean. The guy came by and took the outdoor grill away every day and cleaned it, and they washed the lawn chairs and pool area regularly. The pool was spotless.

You can sit on your deck and see the ocean and walk down the pathway there in about 30 seconds. It is right on the beach.

Across the street and to the left is JD's, with good music and fun dancing every night...for the 50ish and over crowd. Really fun.

The CVS is also across the street.

We really like this place...and the people were friendly and helpful but not intrusive.

Room Tip: Don't pick a room facing the street or it may be noisy. Face the ocean and pay ten bucks more...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

The smell of the lobby should have been enough to turn anyone away, but I was tired. Great location, but nothing else good can be said about this place. The whole place smelled like curry. I moved to another hotel, it was that bad.

Room Tip: If you want to choose a good room choose another hotel!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Lakeland, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We are Flip-flop Floridians who love to hit the beach for weekends. We tried this hotel for the first time recently and repented the decision at our leisure. The hotel is in a wonderful location -so we still enjoyed the beach. But we avoided our smelly room and left after a single night. When we told the often missing front desk person about the problem, she told us to spray the room with a spray can sitting right next to her arm (so I am thinking smell comes up from time to time). Our room already smelled like smoke and mold, so I chose not to add flowers to the mix. The motel also charged for everything down to the ice and had charming little signs around telling you not to do anything that sounded even mildly fun (like swimming after sunset or feeding birds). Hope to see you on the beach -near another hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I was a little disappointed in how it changed since my last stay. Our bathroom tub had very poor water pressure and you couldn't use the tub just the shower. No one ever seemed to be in the office which I found strange. Had to hunt someone down for extra towels and wash rags and paying for ice, really.. It never was a fancy place but it was comfortable and clean. This trip there I didn't see the clean that it once had and I really wasn't comfortable. It was near everything and the beach was at the back door, these are the two good things about Gulf Towers. I hope the new owners get it up to standard because of it location it would be a great place to stay with your family.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Saint Cloud, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

My Mother passes away locally. We needed a place close to my fathers house and not spend too much. Staying on the beach was cathartic, realxing, and helped to make a bad time better! Thanks

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

I should have gone wth my gut when I booked this hotel. When I called the gentlemen spoke very broken englisch. When we arrived they make you read 5 pages of rules. I don't think my children's elementary school has more rules than this place. Let me share some of the rules.. You cannot ride the elevator unless you are 18 or older or accompanied by an adult. 2. Once the sun goes down they turn all the lights out at the pool and you cannot swim past like 7:30 REALLY ??? You cannot take the towels out of the room and there were NONE at the Pool ??? REALLY ? We got a whole 4 towels in our room. They told us the washer and dryer were broke, BUT they were doing laundry at 9:00 that evening. They did not have the A/C on in the room so when you walk in the room you literally almost pass out from the HEAT .. They do not run A/C in the offce either or in the hall ways .. I assume that is what HELL feels like. Oh you can have maid service but there is an additional charge. There is a $5.00 fee for any diirty dishes left behind. Another thing I found to be disturbing is that the staff seem to follow you around the hotel, almost like they were constantly suspicious of you ..They did not ask if there was anything they could do but just what we were NOT allowed to do. And LASTLY .. MY HUSBAND AND SONS WERE WAITING FOR THE ELEVATOR TO BRING THE ITEMS DOWN, I TOOK THE STAIRS SO I COULD CHECK OUT WHILE HE BROUGHT THE STUFF DOWN .. HE LITERALLY WOULD NOT CHECK ME OUT UNTIL MY HUSBAND WAS OFF OF THE ELEVATOR !!! REALLY ???

Room Tip: Terrible
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Lancaster, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

I am compelled to let everybody know that I love Gulf Towers! My husband and I have been staying there the week before Memorial Day for about 10 years now. Granted, the place had fallen into a state of disrepair, but Mike has really turned it around. We enjoyed the wonderful accommodations and service, as well as it being easy on the wallet. You simply will not find a gulf front efficiency with a balcony that is only steps from the water anywhere else for a total (12% taxes and all!) of $700.00. If you are looking for the lap of luxury you're not going to be happy here. If you want a nice, clean, mostly quiet place on an incredible stretch of beach this is YOUR place, too! My husband and I always look forward to our stay at Gulf Towers and are so pleasantly surprised each year with the improvements Mike has made. Thanks to Mike and company for another wonderful vacation! See you next year!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Gulf Towers Resort Motel? Share your experiences!