“Highight of family vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Other outdoor activities, Outdoor Activities
More attraction details
Owner description: Jawstoo is celebrating over 32 years of business. The 40 foot DORADO Sportfish is fast, comfortable and arguably the nicest charter boat in town. Jaws too charter boat is ready to take you fishing, offering Offshore & inshore excursions for all types of gamefish. Located at the Holiday Inn Hotel Marina slip.#33. 401 2Nd street Indian Rocks beach Florida. 33785 Directly below Jimmy Guanas Restaurant, directly below the giant hanging shark.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Highight of family vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

When I got into Tampa I asked around to some of the locals on who I should call for a fishing charter. 4 out of 5 random locals I asked mentioned Jaws Too with Captain Dave. I looked him up online and gave him a call. Lucky for us he was able to fit us in during our trip.

Dave and his deckhand were so extremely knowledgeable ... there was a period where we weren't catching fish, but he knew exactly why and we waited out the tide change and then BAM fish after fish after fish. Not only was the fishing great, but the captain himself made the whole experience what it was ... tons of energy and excitement.

Already booked with him again for next year during our annual trip to the Tampa area.

Visited December 2014
jawstoo, Owner at JawsToo, responded to this review, December 6, 2014
thank you!!
we aim to please. !!!!
We look forward to our next trip with you.

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida
“Awesome day on the JawsToo!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2014

Fished 5 hours with the JawsToo charter today and had a great day. This made our vacation!!! My son will talk about this for a couple years, at least. Captain Dave and Morgan were attentive and worked hard for us to catch some Grouper. All we had to do was reel and smile for the camera. If you are visiting the area and like to fish...JawsToo is who you want. I have been on many charter boats and these guys are the best. Check out the pics...

Can't wait to plan our next trip.

Visited November 2014
jawstoo, Owner at JawsToo, responded to this review, December 3, 2014
Thanks for going glad it was such a great experience for you...32 years of business and we still love it....you guys were awesome ....It made our job that much easier thank you

YOUR CAPT. Dave Mistretta and crew
“Best captain on the gulf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014 via mobile

Capt. Dave Mistretta is not your everyday captain. He quickly becomes your friend. If you have children, he is the one to fish with. If you want big fish he is also the man. Anybody who says otherwise evidently are just jealous of Dave. My family has more great memories because of this man and his abilities. We drive an extra 200 miles to fish with him. We have always caught our bag limit. There is nothing bad to say.

Visited June 2014
jawstoo, Owner at JawsToo, responded to this review, December 3, 2014
Thank you for you kind words and of course our friendship created by our great fishing trips. Look forward to spending more time catching fish with you and your family next year.. now that its become an annual vacation activity for your family. Going on 5 Years now if I am correct
thanks for all your business..
Sincerely and grateful for your biz. Capt. Dave and Capt. Morgan Kien and the rest of our crew
Largo, Florida
“"Best birthday present ever" Our 13 year old son.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

Fantastic experience from start to finish! Captain Dave and Morgan went above and beyond for our all day fishing trip yesterday. Clearly a family man is Captain Dave, introductions in the early morning, he called the kids by their names for the next 8 hours. As a parent that meant the world to me. Both Dave and Morgan made sure that the kids had an experience that will last a lifetime. Put us right on the fish and we were lucky enough to catch a couple of lucky hits too, a King Fish and a Cobia. Dinner will be great tonight. As for previous reviews on this website, Capt. Dave was nothing but a pleasure to chat with and an extremely competent fisherman and Captain. Our daughter will be 15 in April, bet you can guess what she wants for her birthday.

Oh yea, the 3 grown ups on the trip had a blast too although a little sore today from reeling up too many fish to count. There will be more trips with Captain Dave in our future, there's nothing better than a family fishing trip. Make sure you bring a camera cause there will be plenty of opportunities to photograph your catch. Morgan showed all of the kids exactly where and how to hold the fish with expertise, avoiding any mishaps. Don't hesitate to book a trip on JawsToo, you will have a great time. Check out our photos and look at the grins on those kids faces, they have the same look on their face today when they talk about what a great day they had.

Many Thanks to Dave and Morgan

Visited November 2014
jawstoo, Owner at JawsToo, responded to this review, December 3, 2014
Glad it all went so well.. We look forward to the next outing. What a great birthday gift. both of those boys received from you . An all day 8 hour fishing charter birthday gift. Something the entire family gets to enjoy too.
We are happy to spend those special memories with you. During our 30 plus years of business, We often see the same kids we took out decades ago, only now, they are grown up and taking their new family with us. Thats very cool!
.I hope we can be there for your next generation of family fishing
thanks Capt. Dave and Capt. morgan
“Fishing on the jawstoo is always a GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

I stumbled across  this site and was applauded at what I found.  I have been a loyal customer of the Jawstoo for decades. The false review made by " vitaminsea" is clearly a slanderous attack on this well known and reputable charter boat business and captain . Capt Dave Mistretta and crew  are top notch.  The charter business Jawstoo has been around for over 32 years with 2 boats running taking thousands of  satisfied customers. Their top priority is to show clients a great day on the water.  Capt Dave Mistretta is a family man and respected and loved by the beach community.  At the end of the day clients are more apt to hug captain Dave, not scorn him. He is happy, intense, knowledgeable and has pride.   This boat is a MUST DO activity to add to your bucket list when visiting IRB.  I GIVE HIM 5*

I contacted THE JAWSTOO business  to inform him of what I stumbled across. He was unaware of the this slanderous attack.   Vitamensea's profile on Tripadvisor clearly states he is a fishing guide. This is truly a case of cyber bullying...  and is unacceptable.... Bottom line don't believe everything you read on trip advisor , because it's not all true    ..I'm appalled  I feel bad for Dave and crew as hard as they worked the past 32 years...unbelievable

jawstoo, Owner at JawsToo, responded to this review, November 17, 2014
thank you for your observation. i never used trip advisor before and simply never saw the slanderous attack made on me my family and biz. its the new age of cyber bullyang at it worst for sure.....but the truth akeays wins. WE ARE PROUD TO JAWSTOO .. thanks for the 2 decades of bus with the jawstoo i remember when you got you first 100 lb tarpon with us 20 yers ago..I feel this trip advisor need to tighten up on scum bags like this
guy. all my clients are amazed because they all have fished so many times with us
our satisfaction garrantee has been around for over 30 years
WE SIMPLY CANT LET CYBER BULLY HATERS RUIN OUR DAY
GOD BLESS YOU FOR THE GREAT REVIEW

JESUS SAYS FORGIVE. ..AND IM TRYING .