“Killer Amber Jack and a black fin to boot. Fish On!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Indian Rocks Beach, Florida
“Killer Amber Jack and a black fin to boot. Fish On!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2015 NEW

Excellent trip, excellent Captain Tom. Put us on some great fish , everone had a great time 6 of us. Most of the time 4 active lines in the water. For the extra 200 dollars I suggest the full day trip. You'll be worn out, but you wont regret it. Pulling in big Jacks wear you out. I would say the gulf trip is more suited for adults and teenagers not younge kids, Captain Tom also does inshore which is more for the whole family. 0n the gulf trips it is physicall demanding caughting those big Amber Jacks. Captain Tom cleans your fish for you. His mate Cody is a nice young guy who works hard for you. Our thought was why spent 75 dollars each to be wth 50 or more other fishing spectulators going out 5 miles in the Gulf when for just a hair over twice the price you get 10 times more fun and attention. When I figured it all out we caught at least 900 dollars worth of fish, fresh fish. Great trip Captain, we will be back soon for some Reds.

Visited April 2015

Plant City, Florida
“The Elwell's Best Charter Fishing Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

This Charter Fishing trip with Captain Tom went beyond our best expectations. Took the 3/4 day and will do it again. My son (22), and daughter (25) and I had such a good time we will go again on our next visit which we are planning in June 2015. Captain Tom and his 1st mate Matt were very professional, helpful, entertaining, and had story after story making the 20 mile trip out seem like a 5 mile trip. I highly recommend all first timers and experienced fisher men and woman to experience this trip.

Visited March 2015
Belleair, Florida
“1st Grouper Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2015

This was the first time i had been on a charter. Captain Tom is awesone. He is very knowledgeable and has some great spots also. Thanks Tom for the great time and tons of fish we caught. Kris

Visited July 2014
Indian Rocks Beach, Florida
“That's how it's done!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2014

You have to be kidding me! This trip was off the charts! I'm a local who had my Dad down on vacation down from Michigan to visit, I also had my wife and kids (age 9 and 11) on board. The first thing I asked Captain Tom was," Can you catch Hogfish Snapper with a hook?" ( Hogfish is a delicacy that is generally brought in to shore by spearfishing) We went out 3 days after Grouper season ended so I went with the goal of achieving the impossible... HOOK A HOGFISH! Now here is how this goes. We went out to 80 feet and tore it up off the downriggers and the trolling lines. They all lit up right off the bat! I'm a hands o type of guy but Joe, The first mate handled everything! My 50 Lb. Daughter braught in a 20Lb. Baraccuda, followed by the onslaught of a dozen Amberjack. Now, the Kingfish made their way on the "Simply Hooked",. One of the amberjack that was destined for the deck found it's way into the jaws of 300LB. Bull shark and the hook sank in. This is how good the tackle and the expertise of the first mate are on SIMPLY HOOKED are. We brought that monster out of the water on 30LB. test line! That is an amazing feat that speaks to coaching from the first mate, technique, driving from Captain Tom, and quality hardware.(one of my finest moments)(O.K. ,I couldn't have done it without them.) Here comes the real deal...We pulled up the lines and went to the perfect spot to hit those Hogfish and then some. There were a ton of fish. Gag Grouper, Red Grouper,Trigger fish, porgie, gunts, snapper, and 20+ Hogfish (11 keepers). It is an epic day of fishing when Grouper is flying in the boat and you have to toss them back because the next fish on the line is most likely the lobster with fins. The elusive Hogfish!!!! Awesome job!!!

Visited December 2014
Seminole, Florida
“GREAT TRIP!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

Going out on this boat was one of the BEST FISHING TRIPS we had ever taken. Captain Tom IS THE BEST!! He was very knowledgeable and knew all the spots where the fish were hanging out. We can't wait to get back to go out fishing with Tom again as soon as we can!!!! THANKS TOM!!
Kim and Ken