“Good tapas, service erratic” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Washington, DC
“Good tapas, service erratic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stumbled upon this place driving north from St. Pete in search of something a little different for beach eats. One wishes the front of the house was as attentive to details as the kitchen. Some of the tapas are quite fine, such as the escargot, Spanish torta and clams and chorizo. The seafood paella was decent and, at $25 for two, quite a good value. There's also an okay wine selection by the glass. While the service was friendly, little things like changing the plates between courses or offering some water were lacking, and we waited a long time both to be seated and for the check. The very good rating above is a little charitable, but the food was good enough to make "average" seem unfair.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas, United States
“Awesome environment with welcoming staff and great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I'm a flight attendant and went here by myself on a layover. I was drawn by the outside patio and awesome music playing. I ordered the fried goat cheese and hummus and loved it. The owners were so friendly and kept coming up and talking to me to keep me company since I was by myself. I felt very welcome- they gave me a tour and bought me a margarita! Good live music, beautiful restaurant, fun relaxed atmosphere, amazing service and delicious food!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Dude, where's my food?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I were headed to a 7:10 movie, and passed this tapas bar. We figured it would be a quick snack/ dinner before the movie. We arrived at 6:30, were not served drinks until 6:45 and ordered our food immediately because we had noticed it was probably going to take a while. We finished those drinks fairly quickly and waited another 20 minutes for refills. My food was served at 7:10, and my girlfriend's food was not served until 7:20. My chicken skewer was good. However, my girlfriend's ceviche was not great. And the fact that they came out at two different times amazed me. We didn't make the 7:10 movie and likely won't make the 7:40 one either. I am never returning to this restaurant and would not recommend it to anyone.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“friendly place..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

haven't eaten here, the prices and the smells are delicious, people are fun and numerous in the early evening.. bartenders are nice, as is the manager... very nice outside bar and restaurant seating and live music to boot..

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Keewatin
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Pretty good food but not fabulous. Had a Paella that was supposed to be seafood and fish but the fish was missing and it had lots of chicken. Tapa of the day was good but the description in the menu was somewhat confusing. Service was friendly but slow. Waiter disappeared but came back just as we were considering another location.
Wine is good, but expensive given the type of place. Outdoor seating is nice but gets cool quickly if the wind comes up so bring a jacket if you wish to dine alfresco.
Lots of choices in the area but this is not your beach bar type of place.

• Visited February 2013