“Wedding Night mare” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Indian Harbour Beachside Hotel to your Saves list
Indian Harbour Beachside Hotel
Indian Harbour Beachside Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1894 S Patrick Drive, Indian Harbour Beach, FL 32937 (Formerly Lexington Hotel on the Island)   |
Las Vegas
“Wedding Night mare”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

My family and I went here for two nights and there was no hot water, We asked about this problem and said that is being fixed and was going to be up very soon . well when we left two days later it was still not fixed and they did not even give nothing off of my credit card . after fighting with them they gave a 15 % discount.
They should of told this when we checked in. We had to find this out our selves that there was no hot water. we was never told at check in. please beware of this. they hold secrets I will not return

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2005

We stayed at this hotel June 19th to 21st. The pool was open, the staff was friendly, & the room did not smell. Our 2nd floor room was not ready when we arrived at 2PM. (Web site said 2PM check-in, hotel said 3PM.) They asked us to come back at 3PM & would upgrade us to a 1st floor poolside room, which we accepted. They also informed us of the continental breakfast time. The hotel is not the best we've stayed in, but I don't feel it deserved the low rating given by the previous reviewers. The restaurant on the property is still not open.

Stayed June 2005
Acton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2005

I've stayed in hundreds of hotels/motels in all my travelling years, but this one was by far the worst. It cost us $137 per night for 2 nights because they dragged their feet coordinating our request to leave the hotel prior to our scheduled check out date. I've stayed in nicer Motel 6's at 1/3rd the price. Unfriendly, uncooperative, and rude, not to mention, poorly managed. Our non-smoking room wreaked of tobacco smoke and the room was dirty upon check-in. In the morning, the manager reprimanded the responsible staff member in the middle of the hallway instead of in her office. Very UNPROFESSIONAL!

This hotel was nothing like the website said it was. About 2 weeks prior to our stay we emailed the hotel to inquire about the pool, as to whether it was indoor or outdoor. They replied (cut and pasted from the email sent by the hotels Assitance General Manager) :

"Our pool is not heated, as the sun usually warms it up depending on the time of year. Some local beaches are still closed due to Hurricane erosion, but plenty are open."

She took the time to tell us beaches were closed but conveniently ommitted that their pool has been closed since the hurricanes (roughtly 5 to 6 months). There website doesn't mention this, or that the attached restraunt is closed and has been since the hurricanes. I feel this was extremely unethical. I won't stay at any of this chain's locations. EVER!!!

While I realize the damage caused by a hurricane takes time to repair, I would think that if this hotel chain desires to stay in business, they would at least be up-front and honest with potential clients.

I'd sleep in a bus station before I'd book another room at this place!

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2005

First thing when we checked in Easter Sunday we found out the pool was closed for repair (spring break, come on). I sent e-mail to the hotel on 3/11/05 asking if it was heated, etc. got a reply back that it wasn't.. funny they never mentioned it was closed. Restaurant still closed from hurricane. "Non-smoking" room was definetly a smoking room. The room hadn't been cleaned. Paint was peeling off the ceiling in the bathroom. I had to ask for clean sheets. Staff (one person working the evening shift) was unable to provide another room, yet she offered my brother 3 different rooms that same evening. We weren't told what time continental breakfast was served and came down to find a very grumpy person hurriedly putting things away and complaining about everyone asking for things. He actually said "what do you want" to me. Was very rude. Since we booked through Expedia we couldn't be helped until hotel management arrived the next day and worked with Expedia for us. I had to call back to find out the status of our situation and it wasn't until after check out time that hotel management finally called Expedia back and allowed us to be refunded for the remaining days we'd paid in advance. We could have left that day too, less the cost of that day since it was past check out... It was way overpriced and I got less than 1/2 star quality service. Long story short... we'll never stay there again and if you need a place to stay DON'T STAY THERE!

• Stayed March 2005

Been to Indian Harbour Beachside Hotel? Share your experiences!