“The Name Sounds Inviting But I Was Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Indian Harbour Beachside Hotel to your Saves list
Indian Harbour Beachside Hotel
Indian Harbour Beachside Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1894 S Patrick Drive, Indian Harbour Beach, FL 32937 (Formerly Lexington Hotel on the Island)   |
Hotlando, Fl
“The Name Sounds Inviting But I Was Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

I just came back from a weekend stay and booked this hotel because it was $60 cheaper per night than the Hilton on the Beach which is where my 40th high school reunion was. From the outside it didn't look all that nice but it is in a good area. Check in was fine and it has interior room access which I liked. Upon entering the room, there was a strong mildew oder but I'm not surprised considering the age of the hotel and that's it's close to the water. This building is a former apt. complex which is obvious by the layout and the size of the rooms which are large.

I have to say that the bedspreads have not been replaced in years. They are faded and I wasn't so sure they had been washed in a while. The beds were soft and not of good quality. There is a small separated area like a large walkin closet with a micowave, refrigerator and coffee maker which I enjoyed. The bathroom had been recently remodeled and clean. I heard hardly any noise throughout my stay.

Also, connected to it is a restaurant/sports bar that I visited a couple of times called Doubles. Nice place to get a quick bite and a couple of beers.

Since the decent hotels close to the beach are relatively expensive, I wouldn't rule out staying here again as I do like to visit this area but I don't think I would recommend it for a vacation.

Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

Spend a couple more bucks and get a good nights sleep on a decent bed where the toilet doesn't run all night and doors aren't slamming in the hallway and the staff gives a dang!
You were warned!

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Nazareth, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

Stayed at the Lexington Hotel on the Island from 5/8/09 - 5/12/09. Staff is very friendly and attentive to your needs. Room was large with two double beds and A/C blew nice cold air. For under $75 per night, I could not have asked for a better hotel. Just a five minute drive to Melbourne Beach.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

I was very impressed with this hotel. The staff is very friendly, the room was very clean. I would definitely stay there again. For the price, you cannot beat it. Our stay was very nice and the cat added a little extra touch. He was holding down the fort while the desk clerk was in the bathroom, too cute.

• Liked — the room was very clean
  • Disliked — didn't see an elevator
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ft Lauderdale, Fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2008

I wish we had read the reviews before last week! While looking a map, we thought this would be a nice hotel near the "river". Before checking in, we inquired about internet access and was told it was available in the rooms. We were also told breakfast was served from 6:30 to 9:30. Since there was not too much traffic the night we checked in our room was to be upgraded to a better room near the pool. When we looked out our door, we saw a wall. If our room was upgraded I would hate to see what the regular room looked like. Since we arrived so late in the evening, we did not see the filthy carpet, the shower curtain was moldy at the bottom and the bathroom floors did not appear to have been cleaned in a month with all the dust and hair accumulated on the floor under the sink. We trialed the internet, only to find out we were not able to get on. After calling the office, we were told that for some reason it was not working in our room, but was assured that it was working in the lobby and in the breakfast area. That morning we were not able to make our business conference connection, since we could not gain internet access anywhere on the property. We checked out...There was not way we would stay there another minute. For those of you that got an apology consider yourself lucky. We left word for the manager to call us, and still have not heard from her. I would not recommend this establishment to ANYONE.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Las Vegas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

My family and I went here for two nights and there was no hot water, We asked about this problem and said that is being fixed and was going to be up very soon . well when we left two days later it was still not fixed and they did not even give nothing off of my credit card . after fighting with them they gave a 15 % discount.
They should of told this when we checked in. We had to find this out our selves that there was no hot water. we was never told at check in. please beware of this. they hold secrets I will not return

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2005

We stayed at this hotel June 19th to 21st. The pool was open, the staff was friendly, & the room did not smell. Our 2nd floor room was not ready when we arrived at 2PM. (Web site said 2PM check-in, hotel said 3PM.) They asked us to come back at 3PM & would upgrade us to a 1st floor poolside room, which we accepted. They also informed us of the continental breakfast time. The hotel is not the best we've stayed in, but I don't feel it deserved the low rating given by the previous reviewers. The restaurant on the property is still not open.

Stayed June 2005

Been to Indian Harbour Beachside Hotel? Share your experiences!