“A wonderful wedding experience !” 5 of 5 stars

You added Windemere Inn By The Sea to your Saves list
Windemere Inn By The Sea
815 S. Miramar Ave., Indialantic, FL 32903   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Indialantic B&B and Inns
“A wonderful wedding experience !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This past weekend my daughter was married at the Windermere ... Steve and his staff were awesome from the beautiful rooms, fabulous breakfast, the wedding dinner and high tea, we could not have been more pleased... The setting of the beautiful beach, The Inn itself and thier friendly staff made my daughter's wedding one that none of us will forget..

• Stayed December 2012

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Friendly helpful clean home from home warm welcome right on the beach. Great food nearby and lots of things to do nearby rooms spotless Nd clean everyday would recommend taking a deck chair down to the beach to sit In the breeze

• Stayed September 2012
Cocoa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the inn for 2 nights.It was wonderful. Large clean room and bath. The beach is private and the inn provides beach towels and chairs. The breakfast both morning were excellent. Very friendly staff. Overall it was one of the nicest B&Bs we have been to.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Recently, Our Florida raised son and his Norwegian bride had a lovely beach wedding at the Windemere Inn. We were able to bring our families together to meet and have a joyous time of celebration. Wedding planning and execution were facilitated by Beth and her staff leaving both families ample leisure time during the wedding weekend. The guests ranged in age from under 2 years to over 85 and the special needs of each guest were carefully considered from initial room assignment to cultural special requests, dietary preference and the inevitable last minute wedding emergency. If the words "stress free" and "wedding" belong in the same sentence anywhere it is at Windemere by the Sea. Many thanks to Beth and her outstanding staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently for one night. We looked specifically for a B&B close to the Kennedy Space Center and this one looked like the nicest one based on the pictures online and the reviews. Our visit overall was nice but I was a bit surprised that it was a Select Registry property.
Pros: - Very clean room. I read this online and found it to be accurate.
- B&B is right on the beach
- Chairs are available for use on the beach
- Flashlights are available for use during the turtle season
- Snacks and filtered water were available during the day for your convenience
- Breakfast included two courses with a fruit course and a hot entree with juice or coffee
- The innkeeper gave us a quick tour upon our arrival.
Cons: - Stayed in the Sunset room in the main house. The B&B is misleading in a sense from the main picture in that it looks like it might be a quiet getaway. What the picture doesn't show is how the property is lodged between other properties and is located on a very busy road. All night long, we could hear the traffic drive-by so it was difficult to get a good nights rest.
- The breakfast changes everyday and while it is more than a continental breakfast, the breakfast we had consisted of grapefruit segments and scrambled eggs, toast, and a gravy which wasn't very good.
- The innkeeper was nice and we arrived late (around 9 pm) and let her know ahead of time about our late arrival. Even though she gave us her phone number, we had a difficult time reaching her upon arrival. We kept calling the main number, her emergency contact number, and ringing the doorbell until someone finally let us in. She did greet us in her robe and pajamas so maybe it was a bit late for her.

Overall, the inn was clean and on the beach so if that is what you are looking for then you may want to stay at the inn.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the busy road if you the noise from traffic bothers you.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

This was our first trip to Florida and I had a difficult time planning it. Florida is a big state with a huge coastline and there were so many options...I had no idea where to start or how to evaluate regions, or which type of property to choose. Our son was in his last year at the Naval Academy and really needed a break. We wanted to take him and his girlfriend on a relaxing vacation as a reward for all his hard work and to give him a chance to recharge before going back for that final push leading up to graduation. After a couple of months of studying Trip Advisor and talking to friends, I told my hairdresser of the trouble I was having, and she was the one who told me about Indialantic. She recommended a little B&B where she had gone several times and loved. That place was booked, so I searched nearby and found Windemere Inn by the Sea, which still had two rooms left.

When we first arrived, I was nervous that I might have made a mistake. The buildings themselves that make up Windemere are impressive and lovely, but the area in which it is situated is rather strip-mally. I had no idea what a little oasis of peace the Windemere really is, and how once you cross the threshold onto their property, it's like entering another world.

The Windemere has a lovely pink central building that has some guest rooms but also a parlor or living room with books and games for the use of guests and a breakfast room and pantry. But when you exit the back door of this main house, you enter a lovely little courtyard with a koi pond. We woke up the first morning to the sound of exotic birds. The innkeeper, Beth, has some rescue birds that she lovingly cares for, and in the mornings (not too early), she will hang their cages by the koi pond so they can enjoy some of the lovely Florida weather. I enjoyed sitting on the bench by the koi pond and watching the fish and listening to the birds, and also enjoyed hearing Beth tell the stories of the rescued birds.

Breakfast every day was utterly delicious and very thoughtfully prepared. Beth and her crew bent over backwards to accommodate my dietary restrictions. Every day, Beth would bake some delicious treat or two and have them available for afternoon tea, along with a little "nip". We never made it to afternoon tea, because we were always off on some adventure, or down on the beach, but we did raid the fridge for leftovers late at night on several occasions. Everything was top notch.

My favorite part of the Windemere was the private beach. Walking past the koi pond and down a little pathway, always visited by anoles and chameleons, you come to a lightly traveled roadway (mostly foot traffic) and right across is a lovely pergola overlooking a nearly deserted white sand beach. Down the wooden stairs we would go, to spend many happy hours exploring this lovely beach. As our son and his girlfriend soaked up the rays, my husband and I walked for miles up and down the beach, searching for unique shells (there are many), and watching the huge array of birds. On one day there was a man fishing in the surf and two pelicans who refused to leave his side in hopes he would share his catch. We were able to get very close to these surprisingly large birds and get some great photos. We also enjoyed watching the less lazy pelicans as they dove into the ocean from way above to catch fish. We loved watching the sandpipers racing the waves, their little stick legs a blur, to eat the little creatures each wave deposited on the beach. We were also lucky enough to observe osprey catching fish, and so many other wonderful birds.

We did go swimming/boogie boarding one day (the Windemere has everything you need for a fun day at the beach, with chairs, umbrellas, boogie boards, etc, always available), and it was a blast. The waves were bordering on violent, so this activity is not for everyone. We were battered by the waves and were completely exhausted later that evening. I was surprised at one point to see a very large fin sticking out of the water a few feet from me (NOT a shark, some other large fish) and it reminded me that we were playing around in someone else's habitat...it really made it all the more special and fun.

I think hands down our favorite part of this adventure was our night time trips to the beach. Every room is equipped with a flashlight, and we had so much fun going down to the beach at night to observe and catch the ghost crabs that inhabit the beach. It is a task that takes a little practice, but if you're a nature nut like we are, it's just so much fun. We caught many crabs under a sky filled with stars, observed them and let them go. We stayed at the Windemere for five nights, and only once did we encounter anyone else on the beach at night, and they wanted to come over and see the crab we had caught and ask questions about it. Everyone we met, both during the day and during the night in Indialantic and nearby Melbourne were extremely warm and friendly. We were at the Windemere in mid-March, so we just missed the turtle season by a couple of weeks, but if we had been there then, you can bet we would have been down on the beach every night observing the turtles.

The room itself at Windemere by the Sea was fine. We would have enjoyed a jaccuzi tub (I think they are available in some rooms, but not in ours) or hot tub somewhere on the property, but not a big deal. The bed was particularly high and I am short, so it was a bit of a struggle to get into it every night. I was worried about waking up late at night and forgetting I was in such a high bed, but luckily, no problems there. Everything was spotlessly clean, and any time we needed anything, staff were extremely responsive and right there with a solution.

We had several excellent meals in Melbourne, which is a five minute drive away. Beth has a notebook in the parlor, available around the clock, that has menus of some of the area's best restaurants. We had two particularly wonderful meals at Matt's Casbah. We had some really bad Chinese food...I think it's best to stick to Beth's list. We drove down to Cocoa Beach one day and went on a manatee watch boat ride that was a lot of fun. We saw manatees, lots of beautiful birds, an alligator or two, and some exquisite waterfront houses. We did not go to the space center, though it is nearby. Our son had had enough of engineering for a while and didn't want to go, but I think it is a great option for visitors to that area.

My only criticism of the Windemere's staff is kind of an odd one. They seemed so concerned for our comfort and satisfaction that it was almost stressful. They just seemed so extremely concerned it almost at times came across as worry, and truly we were trying to have a stress-free week. I would simply advise them to be secure in the fact that they are doing an excellent job and not worry about frequent reassurances that everybody is OK. Believe me, we would have let you know if we had any issues or were unhappy or dissatisfied in any way. We were just fine and had to let the staff know that...a lot. Again, a small thing, and truly, the only thing we could come up with to recommend as an area for improvement.

The young people that we brought are not big partiers, so this vacation was wonderful for them, they had a great time. However, if your college students are a little wilder than ours, they might be bored. We were in Florida during most colleges' spring breaks, and we observed little to no wild behavior. There was some public drinking down a ways at the public beach, but certainly everyone was very well behaved.

I would go back to The Windemere Inn by the Sea in a heartbeat. We left there totally refreshed and with many beautiful memories that will last a lifetime.

Room Tip: Request a room with a jacuzzi tub if this is important to you. Not all of them have one.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

My fiance and I just spent 5 nights at Windemere by the Sea and can not wait to go back. We needed a quick break from the cold in WI and this was perfect in every way. Loved the location, very laid back and very accessible to anything you would want to do. We spent most of our time on the beach, which was right out our front door! Sea Breeze cottage was the most wonderful place to retreat to at night, and we could watch the sun come up from our bed! It was hard to get out of the most comfortable bed I have every been on, but the sounds of the waves and smell of the fresh air pulled us up in the morning. The food was amazing and they have everything you would need or want for a wonderful stay. Most accommodating place ever. Thanks again to you all.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Windemere Inn By The Sea? Share your experiences!