“Quiet , family friendly great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Beach House Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   405 North A1A Highway, Indialantic, FL 32903   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Indialantic
Chicago, Illinois
“Quiet , family friendly great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed 2 weeks in a room up front and not on the beach. I loved every minute. I still had access to the beach and the room was nice and clean. The furniture was older but I paid for a room up front at the lesser price. If i needed anything the manager got it for me. She was constantly working on one thing or another. Cleaning rooms,laundry, gardening sweeping the parking lot or painting. The guests that were there enjoyed the bbq pit area cooking and visiting with family and friends. I plan on visiting the Beach House Motel again in the future. Love the staff and the place is getting fixed up and touched up and is starting to look great!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views and private balcony but like I said I stayed in the cheaper rooms b...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Tampa Bay area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

We have stayed at this place everytime we come over this way and love it. Its clean, friendly and a good deal. Cant wait to go visit this week end. : )

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Kapaa, Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Stayed there during our Florida road trip. When we first checked in we got a room on the ground floor. It was smelly and dark and people were playing ball right in front of our sliding glass doors, basically on our deck! It was very noisy so we went back to the check-in office and asked if we could have a room on an upper floor. We did receive a key to room 209 on the second floor and it was a little better.
However, the furniture was completely outdated, on the verge of falling apart. The sliding glass doors and the window on side of building were filthy!
The balcony was dirty and the phone was not working. My husband had to fix the shower with our swiss army knife as the water from the faucet did not switch to shower head.
The free wireless advertised did not work and my husband went back to the office to let the clerk know. He acted very surprised and set he would reset the router, but I don't think he even cared and the wireless was basically not available.
The bed was extremely saggy and old! I don't mind older places as long as they're clean and everything works and you get a good night's sleep, but this was the worst stay of our two weeks and we stayed at a lot of hotels / motels at that time!
The best thing about the place was the location, but the motel is in dire need of a makeover. They should have offered reduced rates and not charge the full amount of $79.99! Stay away!

Room Tip: Do not go there! Period!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

My review has two sides.

First, I was in town to visit and surf and needed a place to stay. Places were limited due to spring break. This place was recommended by a family member. It served it's purpose, available room on short notice, near the beach (right on it in fact), a decent price, $85 w/ tax, relative to bigger chains in the area (if they had a vacancy), and access to surf. If you aren't sensitive to cleanliness and any amenities other than a house outside to wash off, then the place is ok, used loosely.

Second part, I would not have brought the wife and niece to this place. There were some bugs, mostly dead, around the room and near the sliding door. Bed and pillows were not very comfortable. I think we were missing comforters. Only provided two towels. We mostly used the beach towels that we brought. Appliances, lights, and windows were in pretty poor shape.

Again, for surf, worth the stay, anything else, avoid this place.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
sain simons island georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

I guess some people are just snobs! When you first pull up to the place it just sceams old days florida hotel! When you walk into your room you will see a reasonably clean hotel room. Both times i have stayed everything worked just fine,including the refrigerator,phone and ac! What really makes the stay grea t however is when you walk out on the balcony and see the spectacular view of the blue atlantic ocean! I reccomend the third floor! No elevator however. They ALLOW PETS! which suits the australian shepherd Just fine. plenty of resurants and bars within staggering distance make this the perfect low buget getaway. If you are not a snob!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Ravenna, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights with our 3 children. The view of the beach was beautiful. Not far from stores, laundry mat, etc. Very friendly couple whom what I can tell operate the whole place. Rooms were clean, everything was perfect!!

• Stayed September 2009
colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

I've been here more than once and it's a great value and very clean and right on the beach. If you have a concern they will take care of it. You will not find a better value in this area on the beach. Really!!!

Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Beach House Motel? Share your experiences!