“Do not stay there!!! It's a dump!” 2 of 5 stars

Beach House Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   405 North A1A Highway, Indialantic, FL 32903   |
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Indialantic
Kapaa, Hawaii
“Do not stay there!!! It's a dump!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Stayed there during our Florida road trip. When we first checked in we got a room on the ground floor. It was smelly and dark and people were playing ball right in front of our sliding glass doors, basically on our deck! It was very noisy so we went back to the check-in office and asked if we could have a room on an upper floor. We did receive a key to room 209 on the second floor and it was a little better.
However, the furniture was completely outdated, on the verge of falling apart. The sliding glass doors and the window on side of building were filthy!
The balcony was dirty and the phone was not working. My husband had to fix the shower with our swiss army knife as the water from the faucet did not switch to shower head.
The free wireless advertised did not work and my husband went back to the office to let the clerk know. He acted very surprised and set he would reset the router, but I don't think he even cared and the wireless was basically not available.
The bed was extremely saggy and old! I don't mind older places as long as they're clean and everything works and you get a good night's sleep, but this was the worst stay of our two weeks and we stayed at a lot of hotels / motels at that time!
The best thing about the place was the location, but the motel is in dire need of a makeover. They should have offered reduced rates and not charge the full amount of $79.99! Stay away!

Room Tip: Do not go there! Period!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

My review has two sides.

First, I was in town to visit and surf and needed a place to stay. Places were limited due to spring break. This place was recommended by a family member. It served it's purpose, available room on short notice, near the beach (right on it in fact), a decent price, $85 w/ tax, relative to bigger chains in the area (if they had a vacancy), and access to surf. If you aren't sensitive to cleanliness and any amenities other than a house outside to wash off, then the place is ok, used loosely.

Second part, I would not have brought the wife and niece to this place. There were some bugs, mostly dead, around the room and near the sliding door. Bed and pillows were not very comfortable. I think we were missing comforters. Only provided two towels. We mostly used the beach towels that we brought. Appliances, lights, and windows were in pretty poor shape.

Again, for surf, worth the stay, anything else, avoid this place.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
sain simons island georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

I guess some people are just snobs! When you first pull up to the place it just sceams old days florida hotel! When you walk into your room you will see a reasonably clean hotel room. Both times i have stayed everything worked just fine,including the refrigerator,phone and ac! What really makes the stay grea t however is when you walk out on the balcony and see the spectacular view of the blue atlantic ocean! I reccomend the third floor! No elevator however. They ALLOW PETS! which suits the australian shepherd Just fine. plenty of resurants and bars within staggering distance make this the perfect low buget getaway. If you are not a snob!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Ravenna, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights with our 3 children. The view of the beach was beautiful. Not far from stores, laundry mat, etc. Very friendly couple whom what I can tell operate the whole place. Rooms were clean, everything was perfect!!

• Stayed September 2009
colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

I've been here more than once and it's a great value and very clean and right on the beach. If you have a concern they will take care of it. You will not find a better value in this area on the beach. Really!!!

Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Poca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

We stayed on the first floor and could see the beach right from my bed. I didn't think it was dirty at all. We stayed longer than we had planned. Another lady there, also on the first floor, stayed for over 2 months.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

Stayed here last week, it is an interesting place. From the exterior it looked very nice, freshly painted, it sits right on the beach, just beside the Indiatlantic boardwalk and 3 minute walk to cafes etc. The very bad and disgusting part is the minute you open the door to the room, we looked at 3 and went with the final one, top floor corner. First one was smoking and stale smelling and dark.

The location of this hotel is amazing, walk to cafes, Mexican down the road about 10 minute walk, liquor store also 10 min walk, right on the beach, smell and sound of the surf, balcony you can sit on and watch the sunrise etc... the really down side was the state of the room. It isn't even a star hotel, there were no mattress pads on the beds, rust in the little efficiency sink, carpet in the room so dirty that we wore shoes or flip flops even for a middle of the night bathroom run. Wondered if the toilet and bathroom sink had even been slightly washed. The shower? oh gross, I closed the curtain so as not to see it, but the dirty curtain was clear so not only could I see the filthy shower but the curtain as well. Nasty is how we described it, the general state of the room. Next door the screen was leaning against the outer wall. Spoke to the 'manager' who is the nephew of the owner and he said his uncle doesn't want to put a penny into the place. I understand not wanting to put money in but how about just hiring someone who knows how to clean??? the guy who does the cleaning and beds is a 40 something surfer boy and has an 'arrangement' with the owner, he cleans and gets a place to live in return. It's really sad because this place has immense possibilities, but at this rate it won't be there much longer. If and that's a big IF I were ever to stay here again, I'd only do it if I were local or from say a surrounding area and could bring cleaning supplies. It would take a couple of hours to clean and I would definitely bring my own mattress pad and sheets etc... I would only stay for a 3 days or longer so as to make it worthwhile. The next person would get a treat! The only reason I would ever consider staying here, knowing what the state of the place is, is because of it's location which you just can't beat.

Beware of the undertow and currents in the ocean in front of hotel, there were warnings and my husband went swimming but got tossed by a huge wave and crushed into the sand, it's very dangerous even for strong swimmers. There were lots of surfers obviously because of the size of the waves, but not ideal for swimming.

Am saying I wouldn't recommend this hotel to a friend, but as you can see I'm torn, mainly because of the location and the price $65 a night, but as they say 'you get what you pay for'.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Beach House Motel? Share your experiences!