“Hands on food that tastes great... Fresh water crab” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: You don't have to enjoy great food and funYou don't have to share a sunset or riverside cocktailYou don't have to spend anytime dreaming by the poolYou don't have to be entertained by the antics of the monkeys, the manatee, or the passing dolphins or manatee......BUT YOU CAN IF YOU WANT TO!
Boston, Ma
“Hands on food that tastes great... Fresh water crab”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Bring from boston I am used to eating with my hands, meaning lobster. Here in homosassa I did it again but with a platter of fresh water crabs. I was in heaven. Our waitress Laura was great and we had a river view seat. Best of all, it was after 3pm and we drank Coors for $1 a glass. These crabs are caught in this river. What could be fresher. And they tasted incredible. What a meal to have after snorkeling with manatees. I'll be back.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Asian fish, really!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I find it an insult that a restaurant sitting on the Gulf of Mexico with local fishermen swarming the area would offer an Asian whitefish as their catch of the day. I guess offering garbage fish like Asian Carp because it is cheap and helps their bottom line is more important than supporting local fishermen and promote Florida pride.
Overpriced to boot!

Visited July 2014
Plant City, Florida
“Cookout fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

The resort catered a cookout bbq for our group one night, it was great! They were very accommodating as always. Burgers were juicy hot and fresh. The staff was sweet as could be, with our group it can be hard to keep a
smile dealing with but they did. I felt so upset for them at the end of the heard of us eating this woman who chewed out the people who worked our party, one of the bar flys said she was a owner and that was normal. I gave the staff and extra tip after the woman was done because anyone who could give service like did having to deal with that deserved a tip! Over all great people great food and drinks

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Fresh seafood and on the water too”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We had a quiet, pleasant lunch at this restaurant. Fish was fresh and tasty. Portions good too. Very good cole slaw.

Visited August 2013
“Best fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Wife and I saw the ad in a local paper and decided to explore a little. Are we glad we did. I love fish and chips and order them when ever I find them on a menu. So you can imagine I eat a lot of fish and chips from everywhere. And this place served the very best. The service was great and the atmosphere is Florida, warm, informal and natural. Sitting by the river we watched several monkeys playing on an island in the middle of the river a hundred feet away.
The restaurant is inside a resort. So it doesn't jump right out at you. But don't give up. It is well worth the trip.