“Manatees!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Native Vacations, Inc.

Native Vacations, Inc.
4155 S. Suncoast Blvd., Homosassa, FL 34446
866-466-2848
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Thank you for your reviews, we appreciate your feedback. If you did not enjoy your trip or you feel your were treated wrongly, please let us know personally.
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“Manatees!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was my third trip with Captain Traci and each time has been amazing. Depending on the time of year, there can be hundreds of manatees in Three Sisters Spring. Today, there were fewer, but the remaining manatees were full of fun!
We started our trip by taking a small detour to where a couple of dolphins were playing. We soon realized that they were indeed catching fish by corralling the fish and then feasting as the fish jumped. What an awesome thing to watch!
When we arrived at Three Sisters Springs, Traci explained the best way to see and interact
with the manatees, and she was right. During my time in the water, I was lucky enough to have several manatees approach me, and have 4 let me pet them.
It was an amazing day, and I am looking forward to a fourth trip with Native Vacations!

Orange, California
“Great tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I met Traci 4 years ago and took a manatee tour with her. We swam with multiple animals and she was very careful that the manatees came first. We followed all the rules that she outlined for us.
I went back again this past December and took two more tours with her. The manatees are still there and she was able to find them for us. We also went on an EcoTour of the surrounding area and saw dolphins, an eagle nest and more. Traci was very professional, friendly and knowledgeable. I will use her services again this winter when I got to visit the manatees again.

Visited December 2012
Tampa, Florida
8 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Day Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Just got back from swimming with the manatees...I'm from Tampa but I wouldn't hesitate to say that this qualifies as a foremost Floridian experience. Everybody should do this once, local and tourist alike. The service was excellent, we rode in comfort and style, only six to a group, and everything was quick and easy and enjoyable, making it even better on this beautiful winter day. Captain Traci was extremely knowledgeable about these creatures, and her aim to raise awareness about them hits home especially after you get so close to them. Nowhere else can you see them in such numbers, or get a chance to interact with them in their natural habitat. Being able to watch them and pet them and have them interact with you in return, it's better than any zoo.
Thanks for the unforgettable day! I'll be back again.

Tampa, Florida
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My family went to swim with the manatees and had a great experience. My kids enjoyed it and Captain Traci was fabulous! I would recommend this trip to everyone!

Hallsville, Missouri
9 attraction reviews
“Eco-Tourism at its best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I took a morning manatee tour and an afternoon dolphin tour the next day. For the manatee tour we were well outfitted with wetsuits that were in great condition and went off with Capt. Traci with 3 other guests. Dolphin sightings carried us to the protected areas near the Three Sisters Springs and many sleeping manatees were seen. The springs are truely beautiful and worth snorkeling into. Though the manatees were not playful that day it was glorious to observe and experience them in their natural habitat. Capt. Traci took us to several places and gave my adventurous wife lots of opportunities to get in the water long after the rest of us were tired out. The next day my wife and I were the only booked guests for the dolphin tour and Capt. Traci took us out into the gulf and took all my wife's questions about the region's bird life. It was a breezy cold day but the sky was clear and bright. We saw loons, pelicans, white pelicans, ospreys, snowy egrets, cranes, cormorants, blue herons, a bald eagle, and funny enough, a single wood duck. Out in the bay we encountered 3 dolphins and were able to observe them for several minutes. We were fortunate to have that great day and lucky to book with Native Vacations because the ethics of the outfit are marvelous.

Visited January 2013