“Wonderful Day Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Native Vacations, Inc.

Native Vacations, Inc.
4155 S. Suncoast Blvd., Homosassa, FL 34446
866-466-2848
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Thank you for your reviews, we appreciate your feedback. If you did not enjoy your trip or you feel your were treated wrongly, please let us know personally.
Tampa, Florida
8 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Day Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Just got back from swimming with the manatees...I'm from Tampa but I wouldn't hesitate to say that this qualifies as a foremost Floridian experience. Everybody should do this once, local and tourist alike. The service was excellent, we rode in comfort and style, only six to a group, and everything was quick and easy and enjoyable, making it even better on this beautiful winter day. Captain Traci was extremely knowledgeable about these creatures, and her aim to raise awareness about them hits home especially after you get so close to them. Nowhere else can you see them in such numbers, or get a chance to interact with them in their natural habitat. Being able to watch them and pet them and have them interact with you in return, it's better than any zoo.
Thanks for the unforgettable day! I'll be back again.

Visited February 2013

Tampa, Florida
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My family went to swim with the manatees and had a great experience. My kids enjoyed it and Captain Traci was fabulous! I would recommend this trip to everyone!

Visited February 2013
Hallsville, Missouri
9 attraction reviews
“Eco-Tourism at its best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I took a morning manatee tour and an afternoon dolphin tour the next day. For the manatee tour we were well outfitted with wetsuits that were in great condition and went off with Capt. Traci with 3 other guests. Dolphin sightings carried us to the protected areas near the Three Sisters Springs and many sleeping manatees were seen. The springs are truely beautiful and worth snorkeling into. Though the manatees were not playful that day it was glorious to observe and experience them in their natural habitat. Capt. Traci took us to several places and gave my adventurous wife lots of opportunities to get in the water long after the rest of us were tired out. The next day my wife and I were the only booked guests for the dolphin tour and Capt. Traci took us out into the gulf and took all my wife's questions about the region's bird life. It was a breezy cold day but the sky was clear and bright. We saw loons, pelicans, white pelicans, ospreys, snowy egrets, cranes, cormorants, blue herons, a bald eagle, and funny enough, a single wood duck. Out in the bay we encountered 3 dolphins and were able to observe them for several minutes. We were fortunate to have that great day and lucky to book with Native Vacations because the ethics of the outfit are marvelous.

Sheboygan, Wisconsin, United States
4 attraction reviews
“What an amazing adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We had Captain Bill for the early morning tour in late January and truly appreciated his helpfulness and patience. It was pretty foggy when we arrived and as we headed out to the springs, but we still got to see three dolphins playing in the water near our boat. He stopped and moved closer from time to time, so we could enjoy seeing them play. Then we continued on to the ultimate goal of the springs and manatees. He set us up with gear and even had a few towels for us to borrow as we had just flown in the night before and hadn’t even thought of bringing them!
Once we got to the springs we swam around trying to get used ot the snorkels and gear and tried to see into the protected area where about 10 manatees were huddled. Then half of our group decided to make the swim against the strong current to see what might be near the spring. Two of us made and it and it was definitely worth it! One manatee was sleeping at the bottom with little fish swimming around him and watching the water bubble up from the floor of the see was cool too.
We thoroughly enjoyed our trip and highly recommend Native Vacations and Captain Bill. He was laid back enough to easily enjoy his company, but helpful and knowledgeable enough to answer any questions we had about the area or the animals.

Providence, Rhode Island
“Out of this World!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I simply cannot say enough about Traci and the unbelievable manatee experence she allowed us to have. I went with my sister and two nieces, and we were hoping we'd at least get a glance of a manatee or two. What we got was up close and personal contact with - I'm not even sure how many, we lost count!! Traci's expertise, her ability to find secluded spots, and her obvious love of these magnificent creatures all added to an incredible day. We will be back, hopefully next year. And the memories we all made that day will last a lifetime.