We booked our room en-route to Anna Maria we were actually 2 miles away when we rang, The Harrington was recommended in the Lonely Planet book which has never let us down so we went for it. Our Room Birdsong had a rate of $200 per night inc breakfast which I thought a tad $$$ at first but when you add in a great gourmet breakfast, free use of the Kayaks & cycles ($10-15 per hour most places,) We made full use of the facilities and made it a decent deal.
The group of properties are in a stunning location all are well maintained clean and thoughtfully equipped with the neccesary robes, towels, High quality soaps and lotions. Our room was perfectly adequate in size. I don't understand people who moan about room size when staying at a property almost 100 yrs old, if you want modern rooms stay at a Howard Johnson.
The view from the balcony is breathtaking, teaming with birdlife, Stingrays actually jumping 2ft out of the water and of course the Dolphin show twice daily as they pass feeding. We took the Kayak's out when we knew they were due and the wife was close to tears when a mother bottlenose swam by with her two babies. Almost worth the room rate on it's own.
We ate at the Waterfront on the bayside of the Island. We brits are a tortured race when it comes to decent food we have to pay for quality dining. The menu here i thought was excellent value. with well presented high quality ingredients. The house smoked salmon appetiser was excellent as were the coconut shrimp.
A great range of Local & european special beers were sampled and the wife enjoyed the range of wines. A walk on the pier, post meal and a chat with the fisherman made for a great night. We ate here twice, it was that good.
Anna Maria Island & the Holmes beach area is really very special. So stay away, don't go there, it's mine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come savor intimate charm and casual elegance of Harrington House Beachfront Bed & Breakfast, one of Florida’s most highly rated Bed & Breakfast Inns located on a tranquil bit of paradise known as Anna Maria Island. The stunning sunsets, soothing rhythm of waves on the white sugar sand beaches, and warm hospitality – combine to create that perfect getaway. Tropical surroundings and serenity top the list of amenities. Savor a new gourmet breakfast selection every day from our collection of recipes prepared by our own professional chefs. Relax in the living room, a gathering place where visitors become friends. All rooms have private baths, color cable TV, air conditioning and free wireless internet. Many of the rooms have French doors leading to balconies, overlooking the pool and the Gulf of Mexico. Once you visit the Harrington House, you will want to return again and again. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Harrington House Beachfront Bed And Breakfast
- Harrington House Beachfront Hotel Holmes Beach
- Harrington House Beachfront Bed & Breakfast Anna Maria Island/Holmes Beach, FL