“Cedar Cove - perfect for a girls weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages

You added Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages to your Saves list
Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2710 Gulf Drive North, Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Palmetto, Florida
“Cedar Cove - perfect for a girls weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2009

This was our second stay at Cedar Cove. Our first trip was as a couple, this second trip was an extended family "girls" trip. I almost hate to rave - because I feel like I should keep it under wraps for myself!! I LOVE the homey feel of Cedar Cove. No cookie cutter, condo or high rise techno feel here. Borrow a book from the onsite borrow library, fix a cool drink from your own kitchen, walk a few steps to the best white sandy beaches in the world… pick a lounge chair and soak up some heaven on earth. You too will hesitate to share this secret with anyone else!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
kimberling City, Mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2009

Spent 10 days at the Cedar Cove Resort. The resort was just perfect for us and the evening susets off of our deck were spectacular. Our hosts Eric, Jeff and the rest ol the crew made our stay wonderful. To climax our stay, we had a sunset dinner in one of the Beach Huts on the beach and watched another beautiful sunset.
This is our second year at the resort and we plan on returning in 2010 if not before.
The wife and I would highly recommend the Cedar Cove for a Romatic and relaxing time.

• Liked — Beach front location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

In October of 2000 my sister as a gift for my birthday bought me a one week stay at Cedar Cove Resort and Cottages on Holmes Beach in Florida. I have now returned there every year since that time but now my stay consists of 2 weeks and I can’t think of anywhere I would rather spend my vacation time. The moment you arrive on the property you feel as if you have arrived home.

Although all the suites and cottages are beautifully decorated, fully equipped, and all with breath taking views. It is the management and help staff that make Cedar Cove stand above..

Jeff greats us upon our arrival as a missed family member. He is there to help us get settled in and makes certain to give us information as to anything special going on in the area. He never fails to lead us to the best places to watch the sun set and have a good meal.

If anyone is looking for the perfect place to get away from it all, for total relaxation and the most friendly of atmosphere, there can be no better place than Cedar Cove Resort.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

Cedar Cove Resort is one of the best get away locations I have had the pleasure to visit. My visit in January was my 7th visit and was as always relaxing and accomidating. Jeff the resort manager was attentive in every way. There was no request unattended to and nothing that wasn't given immediatly upon request. The accomidations were absulityly stuning and well kept. This along with the beauty of the white sandy beachs that streach as far as the eye can see and , the relaxing sound of the ocean waves were what anyone could dream of. My recommendations for Cedar Cove Resort could not be higher.

Stayed January 2009
NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2009

For the second time, my fiance and I visited Cedar Cove Resort. Our first visit in 2008 solidified our decision to return to this hidden gem. There is no better location or value on Anna Maria Island. The beautiful, shell-filled beach on the Gulf of Mexico is uncrowded and the sand is white and fine. It is very clean and the water a beautiful aqua color. There are sightings of dolphins if you are lucky, and many species of birds call this beach home. The location is convenient to fine restaurants and shopping. Our suite was clean with a kitchenette for preparing our own meals. The staff is friendly and there when you need them, but not obtrusive and they respect your privacy. It is quiet and peaceful but night life is not far away should you desire that. Many of the guests return year after year, and the setting is conducive to meeting and mingling, or not, depending on your preference. There are restaurants and stores within walking distance and a free trolly runs from one end of the island to the other. The resort also has a "beach cam" where friends and family can tune in on-line to see you on the beach and share a breathtaking sunset, or perhaps even a wedding.

My fiance and I are planning to wed at Cedar Cove and spend a relaxing honeymoon on the beach. I can't think of a better place to begin our marriage. We look forward to many visits to Cedar Cove Resort in the future.

• Liked — Proximity to a private beach, the sunsets!
  • Disliked — Having to leave!
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
appleton, wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2009

Cedar Cove Resort has become my sanctuary, my playground, my imaginary and real home away from home. I found the resort as a result of online searches last year for a place to stay while attending a conference in Bradenton (just a quick trip across the causeway). Eric and Jeff are the most wonderful hosts. I was immediately welcomed and all the stress related to travel and life in general went to some place that was easily forgotten, as I delighted in the sight of my beautiful suite. I have returned to Cedar Cove twice since then, and have enjoyed 4 of the suites offered by Cedar Cove, and one could not be more charming than the others. It was great to have a full kitchen/dining area to enjoy the fresh seafood I bought at the local fish market down the road (check out Star Fish Company, recommended by Eric!) If you prefer to cook outside, there are grills right beside a cute tiki hut, plenty of places to sit & enjoy your view of the ocean. When your tummy gets too full, you can relax on one of the great big hammocks while Ottmar Liebert is serenading you. No need to bring a beach chair, as there are plenty right there for you to use. No need to pack a towel, as you get a great, big, fluffy beach towel as soon as you check in! And if you get spaghetti sauce on your nice white hoodie, ask Jeff to help you get the stains out at the laundry room that is right there at the resort (he is amazing.) Part of me wants to keep this place my very own secret hide away, but even when there's a "No Vacancy" sign out front, it still feels so very peaceful and secluded, and everyone I've met who are sharing the resort are wonderful, friendly and gracious, young and old. This last trip was especially funny - one morning I'd slept through 2 alarms and Eric asked me that day how I slept. I told him "like a rock" and he told me they'd put in a new mattress that day while I was at the conference - I had to laugh! So, rest assured the beds are very comfortable! I have stayed at Cedar Cove with and without fellow travelers, and I enjoyed every second. In this day and age when stress seems to want to take over everything, there is a place on the Gulf of Mexico where there is Peace on Earth. On my last beach stroll at dawn before leaving for the airport, I found a beautiful intact sand dollar. I think that was God saying "come back soon!"
Teri/Appleton, WI

• Liked — clean, pretty, peaceful
  • Disliked — n/a - loved it all
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2009

Cedar Cove was our first stop in our vacation. It was the best way possible to begin experiencing Florida. The resort is perfectly located on a barrier island off the coast. The island itself is laid back, relaxed and like being in Key West without making the trip. The resort reflects the island feel precisely. It is charming and classic Florida.
The best part is that it is right on the beach. The sugar white sand and azure blue Gulf is just outside the door. I felt as if I was in a Corona commercial.
The room was spotless and had a fully equipped kitchen and even a flat screen TV! It was decorated casually and tastefully.
I cannot recall feeling so welcomed than by the resort co-managers, Eric and Jeff. I had only spoken to them once over the phone, but after meeting them in person, felt as if they were old friends.
If you're looking for a warm (figuratively as well as literally) place to stay that provides a tropical feel in classic Florida, Cedar Cover resort is perfect.

• Liked — It was friendly and on the beach.
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages? Share your experiences!