“peaceful getaway” 5 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Save Saved
You added Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages to your Saves list
Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2710 Gulf Drive North, Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Dunnellon, Florida
“peaceful getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Found this resort as we drove by....the gentleman in the office was very helpful...the rooms were very clean and up dated with a sea scape flare which we liked...they suppied us with Large fluffy beach towels,and chairs for the private beach that we loved! Am planning another trip there in Aug!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I enjoyed a wonderful weekend and this special Resort. The staff is very friendly and accommodating.We felt very welcome from the start.
They provide everything, from beach towels,books, games, charcoal and propane for the grill, to great advise on things to do while on the Island.
The beach is pristine as well as very quiet and private.I've lived in Florida for 16 years and this is the most beautiful water I've seen.
Our suite the Sand dollar had an amazing view of the beach and all you could hear were the sounds of the crashing waves.
We will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Sand dollar, the view of the beach was breathtaking!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My mother and I stayed last week at Cedar Cove and had a wonderful time. We stayed in the Violet Cottage. It had everything we needed for our stay. They do a morning towel exchange that is convenient. They also provide large beach towels as well as chairs for the beach. Our cottage was simply a short walk across the street from the beach. The location of Cedar Cove is great because it is in the middle of Anna Maria Island. The fountains are a nice touch and Eric and Debbie were very nice and helpful. We had a few hiccups on the first day but they were quick to remedy those minor details.
Everything was extremely clean, including the outdoor bathroom. The outdoor showers are very nice and allowed us to clean up before coming back to the cottage. There are several places to eat and bbq on the property. We never had to rush to get beach chairs or a spot on the beach. After doing a lot of walking on the beach, we realized this is a pretty quiet area.
Each cottage has its own name with a porch or deck. This is not a five star hotel with a lot of pampering but if you want to feel like you have your very own beach cottage for a week, this is the place for you. I would highly recommend Cedar Cove.

Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My family and I just spent our second vacation at Cedar Cove and once again are still in love with this place. Our suite had been updated, repainted and redecorated since last year. All appliances were in perfect condition, towels were new and fresh and the linen was clean and felt like home. Eric and staff were once again very helpful and willing to accommodate our needs and willing to accept our friends that visited us during the day.

I think people who give CC a bad review are unrealistic in their expectations. If you want a fancy 5 star hotel with vaulted ceiling and a turn-down service then this is not the place for you. If you want a quite, secluded and relaxing experience with all the accommodations of home...then this is your place.

We love Cedar Cove for its quaintness, access to the beach and the "at home" feel you get when you're there. We will stay at CC again next year and we're actually already planning another short stay in the fall.

Thanks to Eric and staff for another awesome experience!!!

Fernandina Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My wife and I had a great stay at the Orchid cottage directly across from the beach. Eric and his staff were accommodating in every way. We felt bad that we had to call Eric late on a Saturday night after we locked ourselves out and the office had closed, but he responded right away and couldn't have been any nicer! The cottage was very clean and the bed was amazingly comfortable! Enjoyed sitting at the patio table just outside the front door for morning coffee before heading to the beach.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Father's day weekend was quickly approaching and my husband and I were having a really tough week with work and family issues. So, I decided to surprise him with a weekend get away to Anna Maria Island, since this island was highly recommended to us because it resembles our home country a lot. After making several phone calls to different places without any luck, I found this place Cedar Cove Resort and Cottages. To my surprise there was still 2 open cottages. Since it was only for a weekend get away, I took the smallest one available. Debby, the lady who assisted me through my booking was very nice and really helpful. She put us in the Violet Cottages. Here we could sleep up to 4 people, a small apartment studio, but very spacious and within a few feet from the beach. When we got there it was very late in the night, so we waited till next morning to explore the island and the beautiful water. The next morning, we heard the news that it was supposed to be stormy for that weekend, but my family and I were very optimistic.
The cottage had it's own private entrance. I loved it! Once in the cottage the bed queen bed, which by the way was tooooooo comfortable, was in the entrance. To the right as we walked in there was the living room area, with a sleeper sofa a tv on a dresser and recliner chair. The kitchen will follow with a eating counter-top for up to 3 people. There was a full fridge, stove with oven, coffee maker, and toaster. I really didn't plan to cook, so I didn't even bother to open the cabinets to see if cooking items were there to be use. The bathroom will follow next and right across the open closet. The bathroom was small, but really cute. I was used to the size since my country, the bathrooms are the same size. However, my kids were very surprised and it was some getting used to for them. I was laughing my butt off with them. Towards the end of the apartment there was a back patio with a small area to sit and relax, it had a round table with 4 chairs surrounded by plants that made it feel very private.
The next morning, we checked in and met with Eric and Debbie. Very nice and very pleasant people. They both gave us a mini tour of the property and we felt very welcomed. The property has an outside bathroom (in case you want to shower and keep going without stopping at your place) and laundry (it opens after hours, so that you can have an entire day of fun). The property has their own launch chairs that you could take to the beach (but it had to be returned to were you got it from), a mini bar area, a bar-b-q area, toys for the kids to play at the beach . The front desk had beach towel, however I don't know if there was a charge for that, since I brought my own.
Around the Island was an amazing view. We enjoyed the trolley rides, which were free, but there is a long wait and is very hot. Most everything is within walking distance. There is a few known fast food places and groceries and other stores at the entrance of the Island, like subway, publix and a walgreens (that opens 24/7). The Island restaurant are moderately priced. We had breakfast at Gulf Drive Cafe (parking is right across from the place), For lunch, we ate at Omas Pizza (really yummy pizza - light sauce, and their calamary was awesome). For dinner, we ate at Bridge Street Bistro, Beach House and Sharky's and we loved all 3. I have picky eaters and one that's allergic to shell fish, so we were skeptical about all of these places, but my son was just fine. For sweets we tried ice creams at Joes eat sweets (I was not too impress, but my husband was) and Ice cream at Big Olaf Creamery (ice cream was better here, in my opinion). There is a public beach Coquina Beach with ample parking for everyone, but get there early if you want a good spot and a table that's cover from the sun. There's also drop offs for small boats and jet-skies. Plenty of shades and things to see and do around the Island.
Overall, we were very amazed at the great time and treatments Cedar Cove had with us. The only disappointment we encounter was the WiFi. But, we were there to enjoy the view, the beach, the people, our time away from our daily problem.. not for the internet.
We loved it so much we are planning to go back again very - very soon!!!

Room Tip: Don't forget to bring your sunblock. It's very expensive over there. Bring an underwater cam...
Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Very relaxing. Easy to find. We stayed 4 nights and it was very peaceful. The rooms were very clean, staff friendly. Grounds have beautiful flowers. We stayed in the coconut room and we had a beautiful view of the beach. We felt very safe in the area. Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages? Share your experiences!