“Completely Satisfied "Again!"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages

Save Saved
You added Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages to your Saves list
Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2710 Gulf Drive North, Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Lakeland, Florida
“Completely Satisfied "Again!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My family and I just spent our second vacation at Cedar Cove and once again are still in love with this place. Our suite had been updated, repainted and redecorated since last year. All appliances were in perfect condition, towels were new and fresh and the linen was clean and felt like home. Eric and staff were once again very helpful and willing to accommodate our needs and willing to accept our friends that visited us during the day.

I think people who give CC a bad review are unrealistic in their expectations. If you want a fancy 5 star hotel with vaulted ceiling and a turn-down service then this is not the place for you. If you want a quite, secluded and relaxing experience with all the accommodations of home...then this is your place.

We love Cedar Cove for its quaintness, access to the beach and the "at home" feel you get when you're there. We will stay at CC again next year and we're actually already planning another short stay in the fall.

Thanks to Eric and staff for another awesome experience!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Fernandina Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My wife and I had a great stay at the Orchid cottage directly across from the beach. Eric and his staff were accommodating in every way. We felt bad that we had to call Eric late on a Saturday night after we locked ourselves out and the office had closed, but he responded right away and couldn't have been any nicer! The cottage was very clean and the bed was amazingly comfortable! Enjoyed sitting at the patio table just outside the front door for morning coffee before heading to the beach.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Father's day weekend was quickly approaching and my husband and I were having a really tough week with work and family issues. So, I decided to surprise him with a weekend get away to Anna Maria Island, since this island was highly recommended to us because it resembles our home country a lot. After making several phone calls to different places without any luck, I found this place Cedar Cove Resort and Cottages. To my surprise there was still 2 open cottages. Since it was only for a weekend get away, I took the smallest one available. Debby, the lady who assisted me through my booking was very nice and really helpful. She put us in the Violet Cottages. Here we could sleep up to 4 people, a small apartment studio, but very spacious and within a few feet from the beach. When we got there it was very late in the night, so we waited till next morning to explore the island and the beautiful water. The next morning, we heard the news that it was supposed to be stormy for that weekend, but my family and I were very optimistic.
The cottage had it's own private entrance. I loved it! Once in the cottage the bed queen bed, which by the way was tooooooo comfortable, was in the entrance. To the right as we walked in there was the living room area, with a sleeper sofa a tv on a dresser and recliner chair. The kitchen will follow with a eating counter-top for up to 3 people. There was a full fridge, stove with oven, coffee maker, and toaster. I really didn't plan to cook, so I didn't even bother to open the cabinets to see if cooking items were there to be use. The bathroom will follow next and right across the open closet. The bathroom was small, but really cute. I was used to the size since my country, the bathrooms are the same size. However, my kids were very surprised and it was some getting used to for them. I was laughing my butt off with them. Towards the end of the apartment there was a back patio with a small area to sit and relax, it had a round table with 4 chairs surrounded by plants that made it feel very private.
The next morning, we checked in and met with Eric and Debbie. Very nice and very pleasant people. They both gave us a mini tour of the property and we felt very welcomed. The property has an outside bathroom (in case you want to shower and keep going without stopping at your place) and laundry (it opens after hours, so that you can have an entire day of fun). The property has their own launch chairs that you could take to the beach (but it had to be returned to were you got it from), a mini bar area, a bar-b-q area, toys for the kids to play at the beach . The front desk had beach towel, however I don't know if there was a charge for that, since I brought my own.
Around the Island was an amazing view. We enjoyed the trolley rides, which were free, but there is a long wait and is very hot. Most everything is within walking distance. There is a few known fast food places and groceries and other stores at the entrance of the Island, like subway, publix and a walgreens (that opens 24/7). The Island restaurant are moderately priced. We had breakfast at Gulf Drive Cafe (parking is right across from the place), For lunch, we ate at Omas Pizza (really yummy pizza - light sauce, and their calamary was awesome). For dinner, we ate at Bridge Street Bistro, Beach House and Sharky's and we loved all 3. I have picky eaters and one that's allergic to shell fish, so we were skeptical about all of these places, but my son was just fine. For sweets we tried ice creams at Joes eat sweets (I was not too impress, but my husband was) and Ice cream at Big Olaf Creamery (ice cream was better here, in my opinion). There is a public beach Coquina Beach with ample parking for everyone, but get there early if you want a good spot and a table that's cover from the sun. There's also drop offs for small boats and jet-skies. Plenty of shades and things to see and do around the Island.
Overall, we were very amazed at the great time and treatments Cedar Cove had with us. The only disappointment we encounter was the WiFi. But, we were there to enjoy the view, the beach, the people, our time away from our daily problem.. not for the internet.
We loved it so much we are planning to go back again very - very soon!!!

Room Tip: Don't forget to bring your sunblock. It's very expensive over there. Bring an underwater cam...
Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Very relaxing. Easy to find. We stayed 4 nights and it was very peaceful. The rooms were very clean, staff friendly. Grounds have beautiful flowers. We stayed in the coconut room and we had a beautiful view of the beach. We felt very safe in the area. Would stay there again.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Just spent 2 nights to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Cedar cove was just the perfect spot. I wanted peace & quite, didnt want to be around a lot of people/ touristy spot and I will return again this summer. The staff was so nice and the place is very clean.
the bed was very comfy and the grounds have little water fountains and flowers everywhere just adding to the tropical theme, we stayed in the birds of paradise room and is perfect size for 2, the street side is a little loud at times with traffic, but with the AC on the whole time you cannot hear it.

They let us stay a bit longer so we could enjoy some more beach time and get another shower in before we hit the road.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

From check-in to check-out, we felt welcomed, as if we were staying in a friend's guest cottage. No question was too trivial. The staff was friendly and helpful, from check-in to check-out. We were in the Flamingo Room, which has a sitting area with a "kitchenette", including a small table at which we had breakfast each morning. It's upstairs, quiet, and cheerfully decorated. Our bed was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was also clean; towels were fresh. it was so quiet; we never heard noise from neighbors or the street.
There is a tie for what I liked best: the ambiance and the location.
As for least-liked, it would be the size of the bathroom, esp. the shower stall.
All things considered, a return visit is definitely in our future.

Room Tip: The Flamingo Room is not beach-front, although it has a view of the beach, albeit through palm trees...
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

my husband surprised me with an impromptu trip to anna maria island, and we stayed at the cedar cove resort. we loved it! it was exactly what i wanted for a cottage on the beach. i was surprised that our suite (the mermaid) had a full kitchen as well! the grounds were beautiful, we had an ocean view from our cottage living room, and the staff were incredibly friendly! they gave us great recommendations for activities and restaurants. we will be staying here again on our next mini vacation. thank you so much to eric and his staff!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages? Share your experiences!