“Love At First Sight, I Am Hooked! Will Return” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages

You added Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages to your Saves list
Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2710 Gulf Drive North, Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Seattle
“Love At First Sight, I Am Hooked! Will Return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I knew from the reviews I looked at this would be a cool place but it exceeded my expectations and it was love at first sight. Located on a terrific public beach, they have their own private beach immediately out front with two Tiki huts, one with great beach type music playing softly all day and the other for groups or to eat in the shade. They have an abundance of lounge and regular beach chairs, small tables and they encourage you to move them around to suit your needs Also several hammocks which we made good use of and two charming swing chairs that seat at least two. At night there are colored lights in the tiki hut and white lights spiraling up two tall palms adding to the charm and funkiness of the place. It is very kid family friendly, lots of toys to play with. As for the rooms please pay attention to this: they have a wide variety of rooms and styles differing in price, ambiance and feel. Some have balconies and direct gulf views, many do not. Cottages are actually across the street from the main place so you have to dodge traffic to get to the beach. Each one however has its own name, charm and decorating personality and if you are like me, the room can make or break your stay. Again they are all serving different needs so take a good look at the descriptions on the webpage and ask questions of the staff before you book. Talk to Jeff the manager who is honest and totally caring about your satisfaction to figure out which will work best for you if available. We stayed in the Starfish room which was comfy and clean and fun, also quiet but next time we'll try another just because. Not only is this a great laid back place to relax and have fun, I was struck by the lack of rules, they want you to enjoy and have fun and they encourage you to do that without a lot of "Don't and No" signs which drive me nuts! This place just has a special feel and vibe to it that totally lends itself to beach relaxation. One night they served up beer and munchies on the beach and had a live guitarist playing which was a blast. In the office there are testimonials from the likes of James Taylor, Fabio and I was told Bill Murray also was a guest. No wonder!! The staff was terrific. It has been years since I was last at Anna Maria Island, it is amazingly casual and beautiful with zoning keeping out all the high rises and over development. Lots of great food, shopping and beaches in a community like feel not a touristy overload. We will return again for sure and I can easily recommend you to experience for yourself the charm of Cedar Cove and the whole island. I suspect you will have to book well in advance so check on it earlier than later to be sure.

Room Tip: Per above research the wide variety of rooms and choose the right feel and size for you.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Troy, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Cedar Cove Resort is a well ran Resort with a wonderful staff. First rate clean room we were there two years ago and almost doubled our time there this year. Property right on the most beutiful beach I have seen in Florida. Many beach chairs which are free. We had a great time watching the pelicans, cormorants, and fish. Centrally located, short walk to restaurants, very easy to find and ample parking very close to our room. Very quiet at night, considering the Resort was fully occupied.

We will be back next year!

Eric keep up the great work your service is to be commended

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Euclid, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I decided to take a short vacation to get away from everything. This beach setting place was ideal for us. We relaxed on the beach, ate our dinner under one of the tiki huts, grilled our fresh fish that we purchased from Starfish Company. It was one of the best vacations we had in a long time. Our suite was very clean and the grounds were so tropical.
We highly suggest staying at Cedar Cove on your next vacation. RELAXED

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I spent a week at Cedar Cove (a very long over due vacation) We spent our week in the Bamboo Suite. It was very clean (thank god or my wife would have been upset). We liked everything about our whole experience. We had a large patio with lounge chairs which we sat and ate our lunch at every afternoon. The beach was very private and clean. My wife is so happy that I booked our vacation here at cedar cove. Jeff the manager is very helpful! It was very laid back and casual. We did not want to leave. We will definitely return to cedar cove.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I felt very fortunate planning this trip as a last minute getaway for some R&R in the sun on Presidents weekend to find a place so nice as the accommodations through Cedar Cove. Eric and Jeff were so helpful from the very start on the phone.They were already booked at the main resort, and we were placed just down the beach a bit at an off site property. The place exceeded our expectations, was immaculate with full kitchen (bigger than my 1st apt) and spectacular view of the beach with full length deck . That weekend the area had untypically cool temperatures and some rain but with this view and the sound of the ocean it was hard to complain.
By the time we had to leave it did warm up and we actually hung out at the resort/beach that last day after checkout until time to leave for our flight back home ( to the snowstorm in Kansas). Eric made sure we had everything we needed .I loved how quaint and "beachy" /low key it is there. I didn't want to leave. It was the perfect getaway place.Great location to everything. We were very thankful for Jeff's suggestions on restaurants/things to do. We tried several of his suggestions which did not disappoint.I loved just walking down the beach to The BeachHouse and listening to live music/eating fresh shrimp.
I think that what sets this place apart is the hospitality and the place is so well cared for. Eric and Jeff seemed to genuinely want to help make your stay at Anna Maria the best . We will definitely be back. Rhonda and Tom

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

There is very little, if anything, these folks have not thought of. The property contains many different options in size, style and sleeping capability and you could easily accomodate a large family gathering here. The management is accommodating, prompt and thoughtful. Our unit was the Key Lime Cottage and even though it was a short distance across the street, it really didn't matter. We had two large bedrooms, more than ample space in the living room, the kitchen was well stocked and we had but to walk across the street and have the Gulf of Mexico at our disposal. There was everything you needed on the beach - MANY beach chairs, umbrellas, tiki huts (to escape the sun), music by day and evening piped in unobtrusively, books to borrow . . .and the best open uncrowded beach in all of Holmes Beach. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Some of the units are across from the main road, but unless you absolutely have to wake up to the wa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Powhatan, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I used to visit here annually but had not been for nine years. Hospitality, service and facilities are still as awesome as before. Rooms are exquisitely designed, airy and bright. Grounds are immaculate and landscaping is exotic and beautiful. I would never have known I was not in the Virgin Islands. Beach is beautiful with soft, white sand and plenty of gorgeous shells to collect. Staff is readily available to assist in in manner necessary and checks on guests throughout the day while they are enjoying the beach, hammocks or chairs to see if there is anything they can do to make the visit more enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages? Share your experiences!