I knew from the reviews I looked at this would be a cool place but it exceeded my expectations and it was love at first sight. Located on a terrific public beach, they have their own private beach immediately out front with two Tiki huts, one with great beach type music playing softly all day and the other for groups or to eat in the shade. They have an abundance of lounge and regular beach chairs, small tables and they encourage you to move them around to suit your needs Also several hammocks which we made good use of and two charming swing chairs that seat at least two. At night there are colored lights in the tiki hut and white lights spiraling up two tall palms adding to the charm and funkiness of the place. It is very kid family friendly, lots of toys to play with. As for the rooms please pay attention to this: they have a wide variety of rooms and styles differing in price, ambiance and feel. Some have balconies and direct gulf views, many do not. Cottages are actually across the street from the main place so you have to dodge traffic to get to the beach. Each one however has its own name, charm and decorating personality and if you are like me, the room can make or break your stay. Again they are all serving different needs so take a good look at the descriptions on the webpage and ask questions of the staff before you book. Talk to Jeff the manager who is honest and totally caring about your satisfaction to figure out which will work best for you if available. We stayed in the Starfish room which was comfy and clean and fun, also quiet but next time we'll try another just because. Not only is this a great laid back place to relax and have fun, I was struck by the lack of rules, they want you to enjoy and have fun and they encourage you to do that without a lot of "Don't and No" signs which drive me nuts! This place just has a special feel and vibe to it that totally lends itself to beach relaxation. One night they served up beer and munchies on the beach and had a live guitarist playing which was a blast. In the office there are testimonials from the likes of James Taylor, Fabio and I was told Bill Murray also was a guest. No wonder!! The staff was terrific. It has been years since I was last at Anna Maria Island, it is amazingly casual and beautiful with zoning keeping out all the high rises and over development. Lots of great food, shopping and beaches in a community like feel not a touristy overload. We will return again for sure and I can easily recommend you to experience for yourself the charm of Cedar Cove and the whole island. I suspect you will have to book well in advance so check on it earlier than later to be sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique resort located in the heart of your island paradise. Penthouses, gulf view suites, Key West style cottages and your own private sugar white sandy beach. Sip wine and the watch beautiful sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages Hotel Holmes Beach
- Cedar Cove Resort And Cottages
- Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages Anna Maria Island/Holmes Beach, FL