“Cant Get Enough...we keep coming back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages

You added Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages to your Saves list
Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2710 Gulf Drive North, Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Arcadia
“Cant Get Enough...we keep coming back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Well just left the Cove and what can I stay, another fantastic visit. My wife and I used to check out and stay at other Resorts which I am sure a lot of people do. We started coming to the Resort in 2002 and have never stayed anywhere else. The rooms are very nice and have everything you could want in them. My wife likes to cook so when she is in the kitchen look out.

There beach is very large and they have many beach chairs and beach towels. The one thing my wife really likes is the cleanliness aspect it is unparallelled she is pretty much a neat freak to the enth degree. I will say that she has never been disappointed. As a matter of fact its a stretch but we didn't have a particular bowl that my wife likes to use for salads, they had someone go out and but one for us, now that's service.

Great staff, great place, keep it up

Thanks Frank

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I love staying at Cedar Cove - this time we brought friends of ours so they can see how wonderful Cedar Cove and the island is. We stayed in the SandCastle Suite which has two bedrooms with two baths, it was perfect for us. The room as always, was very clean and the staff is wonderful. We always feel like family - the staff always makes sure that if you need anything they will accommodate. We had a couples massage under the tiki hut and it was so relaxing and wonderful. Our friends indicated that they will definitely return with us to Cedar Cove next year. Thank you again to the staff for a wonderful - fantastic stay!!!!! We definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

When we arrived at Cedar Cove, it looked shabby from the outside, but sometimes thats not the whole story. We were booked into one of the penthouse suites. That meant that we had to lug our bags up 3 flights of extremely rickety wooden stairs. When we walked into the room, the first thing that I noticed was piles of dirt in all the corners, so I opened the pantry. The shelves were covered with dirt. The stove was covered in grease. To be fair, they refunded our money right away, but I would not recommend this resort if you care about cleanliness.

Moline, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

When Jeff cheerfully showed us to the Coral Reef suite, my first reaction was dismay. It was a tiny, low-ceilinged, cottage-y, sparsely furnished unit unlike any other accomodation we've stayed at in Florida. BUT as we settled in, we began to feel more and more comfortable. Everying was adequate and very clean. Soon we were really enjoying our patio, surrounded by plantings and flowers, and the garden as we walked the few steps directly out to the beach. We cooked just fine in the tiny kitchen and ate all our meals on the patio which was more lovely than any restaurant. We walked on the beach and sat for hours in the Tiki hut or the chairs in the "yard", listening to quiet music. Soon we were in love with Cedar Cove and felt "at home" in Coral Reef. Our suite was bordered by the small parking lot and everyone going to the beach walked by it. But it was surprisingly un-busy and the tall plants gave us some privacy. We often had the "yard" to ourselves. Everything was quiet by 10:00! We bought groceries at Publix and fish at the Star Fish Market (you aren't allowed to cook fish in your unit, but need to do it on the grills in the yard). The free trolley was a plus, and we took it all around the island from the City Pier to Leffis Key. When we return we will try to book a suite in the front building or the upstairs of the garden building even though that would mean climbing stairs; actually we really enjoyed just strolling out of our door, through the garden, to the beach and back and forth for more coffee.

Room Tip: Do good research on where your unit is located. Some are right on the beach, some are across the str...
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I had a fantastic time staying at Cedar Cove. We stayed at the Bamboo Suite and enjoyed our private deck and view of the Gulf of Mexico. The room was clean and the bed firm and comfortable. We cooked much in the kitchen and there was plenty of pots and skillets. Jeff is a great host and is there to help without being intrusive. It was our second trip to Cedar Cove and hopefully not our last.

Room Tip: Recommend staying on the Gulf side. I am sure the rooms are nice across the street but paying a lit...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We just got home and had to write this. My wife and I have stayed at many different hotels and or resorts for business. Our room was the cleanest we have ever had, our towels were changed daily and the housekeepers were so cheerful. You can tell they enjoy there work.

This was our first trip to the Island, we checked out several other places and chose Cedar Cove due to its rating on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed, the beach is manicured and the garden reminded me of Disney. The staff is very friendley and the price was right.

Jim

Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I have been to Cedar Cove Resort 4 times now. We are hooked just like so many other guests that we ran into. It turns out I ran into a friend from High School that has been staying there for years what a small world.

The lady that runs the Resort Adrienne is just a gem we cant say enough about her. She gave us such great shopping hints like going down to Historical Bridge Street a must if you like shopping and cool things to do. We stayed in the Mimosa Cottage it was very clean and had everything we needed. There beach is extremely large with chairs and cabanas.

The trolley was fun to its free and the pick up is in front of the Resort. I should mention Eric and Jeff they were at the front desk and also very nice. Oh I forgot my husband that loves to grill was in heaven they have webbers and gas grilles I had him cooking every night he loved it.

Thanks Adrienne, Jeff and Eric keep up the good work

Angela

Room Tip: They have free Ice coolers for the beach you don't have to buy any.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages? Share your experiences!