I planned a sudden trip to AMI and being near spring break and Easter, the choices for lodging were quite limited. The beach club wasn’t my ideal choice but I was thrilled to find out that they had an apartment available. With good reviews on TA, I wanted to check it out. We have stayed on AMI before -- this is the 4th place we have stayed. We were in apt 111 -- it is on the bottom level, the corner of the hotel, near the office, and near entry to the pool. This is an old-school establishment -- older hotel with basic rooms and some apartments (with multiple rooms and kitchen).
- On the beach!
- Heated pool which was a great temperature!
- Apt has own sitting area with two lounge chairs, two sitting chairs and small table
- Free coffee and cookies each morning
- Apt has kitchen and full frig; ice machine on-site
- Very friendly and helpful staff
- Beautiful tropical foliage and well-maintained landscaping (staff were maintaining pool and grounds every day!)
- clean room
- Beach lounge chairs available
- Nice wooden chairs on grass near beach -- great for watching sunset (if you don’t want to actually walk onto the sand)
- near Skinny’s and Hurricane Hank’s (great local joints)
Cons (or areas for improvement):
- No grills -- some people stay here for months at a time so we were surprised by this
- Furniture a bit outdated (but this is an old-school Floridian establishment; just know that you are not getting modern furniture and a modern bath)
- Kitchen stocked but a few more items would be nice -- like baking sheet, blender, more silverware
- Pool has metal fence around it -- so you can’t actually lounge directly by pool and move directly into the water; you must open a latched gate, go inside, and jump in pool
- bedroom for 111 has a wall that is basically glass/sliding doors by the pool area and near the office -- so in the morning, you easily hear talking as people walk back and forth, people opening gate (to pool) and swimming, kids playing outside, etc.; if you are a light sleeper and/or enjoy sleeping late, you may be frustrated as your hear these morning sounds.
- no DVD or VCR player
- no stereo or jambox (only clock radio in bedroom)
- no TV in the bedroom -- only TV with cable in the living area
Overall, this place is a good value and being directly on the beach is wonderful. No extra fees for cleaning. I would consider staying here again but I would ideally prefer something with more modern amenities and a pool/lounge area that is more open.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you very much for the courtesy of your review that you clearly took some time to convey. We are highly appreciative of all types of feedback we receive from our guests as we consider it a vital resource in the continual pursuit of our goals.
In the past years we have worked on many upgrades, for example tile flooring, new furniture pieces, new stoves, etc. Please feel free to contact me if you wish to further discuss your experience and be assured that we greatly appreciate your input.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.