“Thanks again TripAdvisor reviewers.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Water Beach Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Holmes Beach
Blue Water Beach Club
You added Blue Water Beach Club to your Saves list
6306 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Holmes Beach
“Thanks again TripAdvisor reviewers.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I always use TripAdvisor to plan my vacations. My stay at Blue Water Beach Club included. I was very happy with my choice.

I've traveled quite a bit in the last few years. And in doing so I know now that corporate hotels are not an option. Family run or just small places like the BWBC are the only considerations of where I'm going to stay. I was not disappointed.

Not only is the location perfect. But it's clean, peaceful, price is very affordable, staff is very friendly as well as helpful. Also, I love the neat and tidy landscaped lawn.

Another review of the BWBC made mention of being able to hear guests in the adjoining room. I had this same....issue I guess you can say. Even though I could hear bits and pieces of their conversation I still wouldn't hesitate to stay here. I'd rather not hear my neighbors or them hearing my conversations. I would love it if this was addressed before I come back next year. But there is no doubt I will be back!!!!!

Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
BWBC, General Manager at Blue Water Beach Club, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Lesley M,

Thank you for your review of the Blue Water Beach Club and thank you also for staying with us! We are proud to hear that you prefer smaller, family-run places like the Blue Water Beach Club.

See you again very soon!

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

we had a condo right next door for several years. So after it was sold we checked out Blue Water since we loved the location: close to shopping, restaurants, trolley stop, and of course, right on the beach. We stayed in apartment 123, a 1-bedroom - more than we needed, but what was available. We were on the ground floor, had a double patio and great view of the gulf. A fully equipped kitchen, flat screen tv, wifi, heated pool, coffee in the lounge every morning and a very friendly staff. We had a wonderful, too short visit. Will absolutely go back.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Bettywhitebeach,

Thank you for your kind words and description of Beachside Apartment #123. We are happy to hear that you had a great time and look forward to see you again very soon!

Harrisburg, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived two days ago to a beautiful private beach right outside our room. Check in was completed by a very friendly woman who went out of her way to answer questions. Thanks to Beth. The room was very clean and decorated with pastel colors. The wiring leaves a lot to be desired as there are extension cords all over the place and only one outlet in the bathroom. The flat screen TV is more like a large computer monitor but the cable service was good. Our room has a connecting door to the room next door which was not a problem until last evening when it became occupied and their TV was on until 3:30 AM at a loud volume, their cell phone alarm went off at 7:00 AM and when he got a phone call at 9:00 AM we heard every word including the ones we would never repeat. The grounds are lovely, the chairs on the beach are free and it is comfortable except for one of the double beds in our room which makes so much noise each time I move and has a large hole in the middle. Be sure to ask if you have a connecting door before choosing a room and you will most likely have a great experience here.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Tiki220,

Thank you for your review of the Blue Water Beach Club. I will make sure to give your regards to Bev, who checked you in.

I would like to apologize for the noise from a neighboring room. While we can not control everything our guests do, we like to ensure that everyone experiences a great night’s rest. We are currently installing sound-deadening foam inserts between all our connecting doors and are looking into noise-blocking door sweeps in order to reduce noise from neighbors to a minimum. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details and your room number in order to look into your concern with the mattress.

Again, thank you for your review. We hope to hear from you soon!

Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Bev treats you better than family... She's absolutely wonderful, and will direct you to all the best places. We love her! Sebastian, thanks for working to make your hotel so clean and for building a team of happy staff. It is not the most modern corner of Florida (if that is what you like) , but it is the nicest... And that is what we like.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
BWBC, General Manager at Blue Water Beach Club, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Colin D,

Thank you very much for your kind words here on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that Bev took good care of you and will let her know about your compliments.

If your travels take you to Anna Maria Island again, don't hesitate to give us a call.

Gardiner
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

We just finished a three night stay here. We love the Blue Water resort. Its a clean lovely place to enjoy the beach. The staff are friendly and helpful. There was some remodeling going on while we were there. It was unobtrusive and still a quiet retreat. Good job owners keeping that in check! Hopefully we'll get a chance to come back again.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
BWBC, General Manager at Blue Water Beach Club, responded to this review, December 5, 2014
Dear buhner,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. My team and I are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay, even though we had some remodeling going on as several of our units require attention due to upgrades in plumbing. During this time we will also have completely new bathrooms installed to make your next stay even better!

We hope to see you again very soon!

Cardiff, Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2014

... second time for us and we're already booked for 2015! We love it here. Its so peaceful and calm and relaxing. Everything a well deserved holiday should be. The staff are lovely. Nothing is too much trouble and they're never intrusive. Most days you can have the pool to yourself in September and its nice to have a dip at the end of an exhaustive (I jest!) day on the beach.

The hotel is situated at the quieter end of the beach but its a lovely morning stroll up to the beach café if you fancy a coffee and a rest before returning to your sun lounger. The décor may not be to everyone's taste but I absolutely love it. Its retro and cool but still very comfortable. Next year we're staying in an apartment that has a separate lounge area as we are booked in for longer so it will be nice to have somewhere to sit and watch tv before going to bed. We're also really excited to be having a balcony to sit and admire the stunning view.

One of the best things about being a repeat BWB Club-er is the lovely lovely people you meet who are also repeat BWB Cluber's!! Some people have been returning for years and years so it can't be bad. We think its excellent value for money considering its location and stunning outlook.

We had intended on using Blue Water Beach Club as our base for travelling around the local area (ie St Petersburg, Clearwater etc) but everyone local we met said 'why bother when Anna Maria is all you'll ever need'...never a truer word spoken me thinks!!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
BWBC, General Manager at Blue Water Beach Club, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
Dear hasta_luego,

Thank you for your detailed, second review about our property. We are charmed to hear that you once again enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in 2015!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2014

I just spent a few days at BWBC at Holmes Beach. I really enjoyed it - the beach was gorgeous, my room was immaculately clean, comfortable, and exactly as promised. It is located among some more upscale resorts, but I liked the old-school Florida vibe (kind of like a two story motel from the 50's). Even though it is an older, simpler property, it has been lovingly maintained both inside and out, and the housekeeping does an excellent job. I made a suggestion to the front desk that they do not leave the full name of a late arrival posted on their office door (I am a solo female traveller, was arriving after the office closed for the evening, so they left my name posted with my room number on the door). They apologized, and immediately changed their procedures to reflect more current standards for safety. They also got information for me about the toll road from Tampa - the rental car company wanted me to pay $9/day for an EZ Pass, for a $1.25 toll! All in all, loved it, and can hardly wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Dear Joan M,

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Blue Water Beach Club and I will forward your compliments to our housekeeping staff.

I would, once again, like to thank you for letting me know about the issue with the first and last name on the late arrival sign. We have updated our signage and it will now only show the last name of the arriving guest.

We would love to have you as our guest when you are on Anna Maria Island again!

Manager

Been to Blue Water Beach Club? Share your experiences!