“great view & location - but the place needs a makeover” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Coconut Beach Resort

You added Coconut Beach Resort to your Saves list
Coconut Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   100 73 Str., Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Traverse City, MI
“great view & location - but the place needs a makeover”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Just spent 7 days at Coconuts Unit 105 - main floor gulf front 1 bedroom unit

The following were great:
location
proximity to ocean
view
kitchen essentials
televisions (2 newer flat screen)
wireless internet
bath towel exchange
beach & pool chairs
pool temp & cleanliness

The following was not great:
the couches - the buttons have rusted thru the material and they are awful - we put a blanket on them to sit on during the week

the mattresses were sub par - plastic crinkled when you rolled over and they were "value"quality - as were the pillows

there were no beach towels or beach equipment - and no forewarning of that stuff not being included

Also this place advertises as a "family" resort but primarily was rented by retired couples who made a comment to us one day about using the pool while none of the kids were around!

The weather was perfect - and the island is delightful - with some fresh paint - new couches and new mattresses you can jack up the price on this affordable unit

• Stayed March 2014

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Rose Creek, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed in upper gulf view room #107. Great views, saw dolphins every morning. Nice layout but needs some repairs and upgrades. Kitchen and grill area was nice to make our own meals. Beds were not very comfortable at all! Never saw anyone in the office area other than check in and out. Pool is very nice. Liked having a balcony so beachgoers were not walking through your patio area. Hard to catch anyone there to see if they have availability, website needs improvements also.

Room Tip: Gulf side rooms are worth the extra money for the view, but choose the upper so you can enjoy the ba...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We had lots of family with us, staying in rooms 116,102, 105 and ours 107. Our room was great, the beds and couch were really comfortable!! We had a gulf front an loved to just open the door and step out onto the sand! My mom loved 116, and I heard no complaints from my dad who stayed in 102. His second time in that room in two years.
My inlaws stayed in room 105, and although I'm sure my brother inlaw will post his review ill sum up what I heard. The couch seemed pretty old and had lots of stains... Or something on them so they out sheets over them and it was no big deal after that. And the beds were pretty hard. It had the best view as far as the gulf fronts are concerned. Will be back again coconuts!!

• Stayed July 2013
Brandon, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The rooms are nice and very beachy and you definitely get your monies worth - it's right on the beach and has a pool.
There is no parking though. If you have visitors or if you have multiple cars with you, they have to park down the road and nowhere near Coconuts.
The garbage cans at the pool do not get picked up on the weekends so trash was over flooding from the garbage bins.

Room Tip: Get one of the 5 condos that are right by the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Whitby, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Location, location...... Fantastic! Unfortunately, the unit is in desperate need of updating. The bathroom was in really rough shape. We had to buy febreze to off set the smell. Everything else was awesome. There is the trolley to get you around. You could also rent bikes, golf carts and scooters. You did not need a car once you got to the island. Great restaurants.... Highly recommend Eat Here and the Sandbar. Would I got back there, heck ya, if they would update and get rid of the smell in the bathroom.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Evansville, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Forgive me if this comment is in the worng area, I'm still learning to navigate the computer version of TA, most of my reviews I do on the spot on my Iphone. Semi-Pro, you're review seemed to be in response to mine regarding Coconuts. I can tell you (and it says so in my review) that we had a wonderful time during our stay there, I even got engaged to my wife on the beach out front. However, I think it's fair not to sugar coat the condition of the rooms for people looking to stay there. I dropped a lot of money at Coconuts for our room, and wasn't pleased. That's my opinion and I have a right to voice it. As far as being negative, just because I don't give everything I review an Excellent, doesn't make me a negative person. I have been in the service and hospitality industry for years and I know what it takes to please a customer, and when I don't get that kind of service I yell about it from the highest mountain. My money is precious to me, I work very hard to earn it, and hate it when I feel like it's taken advantage of by lazy people who don't care. I will continue to be honest and fair in my reviewing on here and would hope that you would respect that. One last thing, I gave Coconuts 3 stars out of five, bugs and all. That is not a bad review. It was an honest one.

Safe Travels,

Andrew Russ

Room Tip: 105 was Sub par.
Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I rented an ocean view unit here in October 2012 for a getaway weekend. The 1-bedroom condo was plenty spacious enough for a family of 4 people. The unit is nicely furnished and the bed was comfortable enough. We were in an upstairs unit so we had a nice perch in which we could go out on the balcony and look out onto the beach. The water in front of the place was beautiful to look at and swim in. As is the case with the entire stretch of beach here. The kitchen is stocked with everything you need and there is a nice flat screen TV and DVD Player. one night we hit used the grill they had on property and made some surf an turf, that was really convenient. It's not luxury by any means, but based upon the fact that it's in a great location, it was clean, and had everything you could need I definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: I think the upper level ocean view units were great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Coconut Beach Resort? Share your experiences!