“Love staying here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coconut Beach Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Coconut Beach Resort to your Saves list
Coconut Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   100 73 Str., Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Holmes Beach
“Love staying here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We had lots of family with us, staying in rooms 116,102, 105 and ours 107. Our room was great, the beds and couch were really comfortable!! We had a gulf front an loved to just open the door and step out onto the sand! My mom loved 116, and I heard no complaints from my dad who stayed in 102. His second time in that room in two years.
My inlaws stayed in room 105, and although I'm sure my brother inlaw will post his review ill sum up what I heard. The couch seemed pretty old and had lots of stains... Or something on them so they out sheets over them and it was no big deal after that. And the beds were pretty hard. It had the best view as far as the gulf fronts are concerned. Will be back again coconuts!!

• Stayed July 2013

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Brandon, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The rooms are nice and very beachy and you definitely get your monies worth - it's right on the beach and has a pool.
There is no parking though. If you have visitors or if you have multiple cars with you, they have to park down the road and nowhere near Coconuts.
The garbage cans at the pool do not get picked up on the weekends so trash was over flooding from the garbage bins.

Room Tip: Get one of the 5 condos that are right by the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Whitby, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Location, location...... Fantastic! Unfortunately, the unit is in desperate need of updating. The bathroom was in really rough shape. We had to buy febreze to off set the smell. Everything else was awesome. There is the trolley to get you around. You could also rent bikes, golf carts and scooters. You did not need a car once you got to the island. Great restaurants.... Highly recommend Eat Here and the Sandbar. Would I got back there, heck ya, if they would update and get rid of the smell in the bathroom.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Evansville, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Forgive me if this comment is in the worng area, I'm still learning to navigate the computer version of TA, most of my reviews I do on the spot on my Iphone. Semi-Pro, you're review seemed to be in response to mine regarding Coconuts. I can tell you (and it says so in my review) that we had a wonderful time during our stay there, I even got engaged to my wife on the beach out front. However, I think it's fair not to sugar coat the condition of the rooms for people looking to stay there. I dropped a lot of money at Coconuts for our room, and wasn't pleased. That's my opinion and I have a right to voice it. As far as being negative, just because I don't give everything I review an Excellent, doesn't make me a negative person. I have been in the service and hospitality industry for years and I know what it takes to please a customer, and when I don't get that kind of service I yell about it from the highest mountain. My money is precious to me, I work very hard to earn it, and hate it when I feel like it's taken advantage of by lazy people who don't care. I will continue to be honest and fair in my reviewing on here and would hope that you would respect that. One last thing, I gave Coconuts 3 stars out of five, bugs and all. That is not a bad review. It was an honest one.

Safe Travels,

Andrew Russ

Room Tip: 105 was Sub par.
Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I rented an ocean view unit here in October 2012 for a getaway weekend. The 1-bedroom condo was plenty spacious enough for a family of 4 people. The unit is nicely furnished and the bed was comfortable enough. We were in an upstairs unit so we had a nice perch in which we could go out on the balcony and look out onto the beach. The water in front of the place was beautiful to look at and swim in. As is the case with the entire stretch of beach here. The kitchen is stocked with everything you need and there is a nice flat screen TV and DVD Player. one night we hit used the grill they had on property and made some surf an turf, that was really convenient. It's not luxury by any means, but based upon the fact that it's in a great location, it was clean, and had everything you could need I definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: I think the upper level ocean view units were great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I would rate this place a 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. Great location, very clean, bathroom a little dated and could use an facelift but not bad at all. We stayed in Unit 114 which was a courtyard unit about 20 steps to the pool and maybe 80 to the beach. The pool was fairly crowed when we were there but then we were there over the Fourth of July holiday. I would definately stay there again. All units seem to be very close to the same except location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

Stayed in room 109, which needs updating. Sofa & loveseat need replacing, one glass in upper balcony window is cracked, tile near balcony is broke, wallpaper in bathroom coming off wall, one kitchen utensil drawer won't open all the way unless you open the oven door first! Kitchen counters & appliances were good. Cabintry is older but functional.
Having said all this, none of the negatives should be enough to keep you away. Enjoyed my time at the pool, but wish the water had been kept warmer.

Room Tip: If you really enjoy sitting on the balcony watching the beach, ocean, sunsets & wildlife, get a...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Coconut Beach Resort? Share your experiences!