“AMAZING!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of An Island Getaway at Palm Tree Villas

You added An Island Getaway at Palm Tree Villas to your Saves list
An Island Getaway at Palm Tree Villas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   207 66th Street, Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Holmes Beach
New York City, New York
“AMAZING!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We just returned from an amazing stay at Palm Tree Villas. We rented the 2 bedroom 1 bath villa and it was perfect for myself, my husband, my 3 1/2 year old son and my mother-in-law. For someone traveling with a small child this place cannot be more convenient. We were able to cook breakfast and lunch in the luxurious fully equipped kitchen, and we also used the barbecue to cook dinner on a few nights. There are even private patios attached to each villa! And the kitchen was fully equipped with everything needed to cook a gourmet dinner! Utensils, pots, pans, colanders, steak knives, etc.

One of the great things for the young children is the red wagons and all the beach toys that Ashok and Peggy provide on the property. It was so convenient and our little guy looked forward to being towed each morning. Another great feature is the HEATED outside shower which is private and attached to each villa enclosed in the private patio. We used it to bathe my son so that we wouldn't get sand in the villa.

We were also very impressed at how clean the unit was upon arrival. This place rivals any luxury hotel that we have been to in the past. We can't say enough good things about this place. We would definitely come back.

Thanks again to Peggy and Ashok for making our stay wonderful despite the not the so great weather.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Westford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the studio room, which was perfect for the two of us. The owners couldn't have been more hospitable, always asking if there is anything they could do. It was perfect ! I enjoyed the beautiful plants and flowers all around the building, very obvious lots of time and effort are put into making it look prestine. It is only a 2-minute walk to the beautiful white sand beach. They provide you with your own beach umbrella and chairs which we used almost every day. The onsite laundry room was awesome, we didn't have to return home with two suitcases full of dirty laundry! We will definitely come back again. One of the best trips we've taken.
From Westford, Vermont

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My fiance and I made last-minute plans to visit Anna Maria Island during the Spring Break period. Every place directly on the beach was booked, so we reserved with Palm Tree Villas, which is across the street (one block) off the beach. We were pleasantly surprised. There is plenty of parking and the units are clean and very nicely stocked. The kitchens and bathrooms were recently remodeled. The pool is on the small side, but there are plenty of deck chairs and hardly ever anybody there. The beach is gorgeous of course - it's Anna Maria Island! Ashok and Peggy are very helpful, and provide outdoor grills for communal use and beach wagons, chairs and umbrellas for each unit. There was even an outdoor shower right outside our door - super convenient for cleaning off after the beach. Our unit (studio) had a nice semi-private seating area in the back. There is a laundry room onsite. The only negative thing I can say is that the prices are a little high considering this is not beachfront.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

My family of four as well as my sister and her husband stayed here recently iin unit 21 - the 2 bedroom 2 bathroom unit. There was plenty of room for us. The unit was luxurious and the grounds were beautiful. There is nothing lacking about The Palm Tree Villas. Ashok was on site every day and was more than happy to offer and provide assistance with anything you needed. (We didn't need anyting; everything was perfect!) It is obvious that Peggy and Ashok work to ensure their guests are more than comfortable and that everything in the units are top notch. It is a short walk to a gorgeous beach and wagons are provided to tote everything you need and umbrellas and chairs are provided for the beach. What a beautiful, comfortable place to spend a vacation. Peggy and Ashok, you're doing an amazing job, it was a pleasure to stay there and a pleasure to meet you. I would absolutely recommend The Palm Tree Villas to my friends as well as anyone reading the TripAdvisor reviews.

Sarasota, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

My mom and I are locals. We booked this hotel for a staycation on Anna Maria. I wouldn't call this place a hotel. We took booked the one room "hotel", but it was like an apartment. The bedroom was completely separate so who ever had that would have privacy, while I could be in the living room on couch with a roll out bed. There was plenty of sitting space, large T.V. with a DVD player - dining room table as well as private outside patio blocked from view of other guests - and the kitchen had EVERYTHING you would need. If you didn't want the expense of eating out of the island, aside from the food itself you have what you would need to cook.

I love the fact that although the hotel itself wasn't a large complex - it seemed like an escape from all the other surroundings. There was tropical vegetation - spring flowers were blooming spreading a sweet aroma around the pool area. If you want family friendly quiet and relaxation - this is an amazing hotel.

The best part is the beach which is just a short walk. Very short walk. The hotel actually comes with some boards and toys that you can use for the beach - and a wagon to haul it all there. Honestly - we carried everything by hand because it was NOT a long at all. If you don't have what you need or want to shop, you could either take the free trolley or ride a bike to the shops. Walking would be far, but for a person who runs/or takes long walks on a daily basis it's definitely reasonable.

Being a college student, I might pick a more "exciting" hotel if it were only my friends. Being that this was a family event, it was perfect. Will probably be going back in the summer.

Also - I LOVED that the outside showers were actually HEATED. AMAZING.

Room Tip: If you have many adults, get more than one room. Book ahead during season days because it is almost...
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I reserved a villa here based on the reviews at Tripadvisor.com. All that was available was a one bedroom with a pull-out sofa for our 11 year old daughters. I was assured that would work for us. It did and we were comfortable although we are switching to a 2 bedroom next year since the girls will be older and bigger. I was terrified that the place would be a disappointment since I harassed my husband into coming to Anna Maria Island in the first place. It was not a disappointment at all. I rented lots of beach toys only to discover that they already had them - same for the boogie boards. I was stunned by the thoughtfulness of Peggy and Ashok. They thought of everything. The only thing we had to buy, aside from food, was paper towels.

The location is wonderful - a little of a block from the beach. Unlike the beaches further down the island, this beach is fairly quiet and relaxed. We enjoyed using the wagons provided to hike over to the beach. When we came back the outdoor shower was fabulous with lots of hot water.

My cousin rented a house 3 blocks away which was more spacious and was nice enough. I found that our villa was better equipped (possibly because her house was newly renovated). I also found that the eco package recommended by Peggy and Ashok was fabulous. We went on a boat tour out of Mote Aquarium which was great. The next day we went on a dolphin cruise. I expected a duplication of the Mote Aquarium, but they were quite different. We saw dolphins and a manatee, which the girls loved. They also got to climb out of the boat and explore the sea creatures on a sand bar. I might not have found these perfect opportunties on my own with out the help of Peggy and Ashok. Even my husband, who usually grumbles about not gettting to play golf (he didn't bring his clubs and is picky about renting clubs), was enthralled. It was fun to watch all of them.

I didn't say anything about reserving for next year at spring break and was amused to watch him start suggesting it. As a small business owner, he really respected the way Peggy and Ashok ran Palm Tree Villas and enjoyed his experience. I found him sitting out on the back porch late at night with soft breezes and a light watching the Masters along with a friendly wandering cat. My husband has always insisted that the girls wouldn't survive without Disney, but they had a great time with minimal structure to their vacation. After the dolphin cruise, they did decide to try parasailing with the same company. It was great.

I can only speak as a mom with a family. Palm Tree Villas was great for us. I think it would also be great for older couples. The location might not be exciting enough for college students, which is fine. We have already put down a deposit for next spring and we have onl been back for a couple of days.

Gaylord, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I have truly found my "home away from home" at Palm Tree Villas. This was a return visit for me and I have already booked for next year. Peggy and Ashok make me feel so welcome. I talk with them everyday and, as a solo traveler, feel very secure. Imagine my surprise when I entered my villa and found a stack of birthday cards on the table. My family had called and asked if they could send cards there. I was greeted with a "Happy Birthday!". The villas are immaculate and certainly meet my high standards. I had everything I needed from laundry facilities to a wagon to cart chairs to the beach. I enjoyed my private patio in the morning and late afternoon. The pool area is clean and welcoming. Peggy, Ashok, or Judy have always returned my e-mails in record time. It's a quiet, lovely area and I enjoy walking each day. It's not a place for small children, but they seem to keep the villas full with solo travelers, couples, a lot of returnees. In my opinion, Palm Tree Villas is the perfect destination on AnnaMaria Island.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to An Island Getaway at Palm Tree Villas? Share your experiences!