“A little less than I expected~but still good” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Anna Maria Island Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Holmes Beach
Anna Maria Island Beach Resort
105 39th Street, Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217 (Formerly the Aquarius Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
20% OFF 3 DAY MIN IN AUG
Ranked #10 of 14 hotels in Holmes Beach
cape cod, ma
“A little less than I expected~but still good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2009

Just returned from 10 days at the AMIBR. When I originally booked this trip, Carolyn was great on the phone and very forthright " if your looking for the Hilton this is not it" - Positioned as "old florida" I think our expectations were on target, and overall it was a good stay...but...the website says "private balcony" and it's not- it's the walkway for all the other folks to get to their rooms. This was a big disapointment for us as sitting on a balcony looking at the water is something we love to do-
The room was good overall, but a bit rundown, screen door was a bear to open, no crisper drawers in the fridge, and the mattress was in dire need of replacing...we flipped and turned to make it a bit better, The futon couch was a life saver on a few nights. The pool area is nice but the chairs are in need of replacing and again the photos on the website are a bit misleading as the pool area is right on the main drag (though there is a chain fence and some nice plantings between).
Overall it was a pleasant, very quiet, home base for a trip to AMI. Centrally located and right across the street from Skinny's (a must visit!). The beach is amazing and we'll be back again, but probably not staying in the same location, I think there are better spots to be had now that I've learned the lay of the land. All of that said I think for many this might be a great spot...I just wanted a little bit more

Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
ormond beach, florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2008

On a whim, my husband and I decided to find a place to stay for some rest and relaxation. We walked in the office to inquire about a room. We were WOWED! We were steps away from the beautiful beach. Great places to eat within walking distance. The room was awesome and immaculate. The staff could not have been nicer. It was truly paradise. We could not give this anything but a five star rating. We have travelled alot through the years and our stay here went beyond our expectations. Our only regret was that we could not stay longer. Thanks so much. We will be back! Mike and Roxanne

• Liked — location, cleanliness, price, staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

Well, I own a home in Kissimmee and if my home looked like this place I don't suppose I'd ever get any rentals. I booked straight off their website which is extremely forgiving.

We stayed in room 11 overlooking the pool. From what I can gather from other guests some rooms are much smarter than others. Ours wasn't one of those unfortunately. When in the kitchen there was only a wooden partition of some sort separating you from the office next door where the woman on reception talked constantly on the phone to her friends. All very audible. Bedroom two had no window or natural light at all.

I agree with previous comments about the bedding being old and worn. The towels weren't too bad.

The hotel is right on the beach but also right next door to a large cafe which wasn't quite what we were hoping for. The sort of place you buy your food before you sit down.

It had a general air of being unloved, the foliage needed cutting back, the pool area a good clean up and some general maintenance.

On the plus side you can walk to Publix. We won't be returning.

• Liked — On the beach
  • Disliked — The fact that the website was a little misleading about the maintenance of the place
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Cameron Park, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

The AMI Beach Resort is simply excellent, the 2 bedroom "apartment" we rented for my family of 5 was simply perfect. The kids loved the well maintained pool, and you are also directly on the beach behind some dunes.

You can walk to the Cafe' which provides reasonable "diner" style fare, and also there is a Publix Supermarket in walking distance too which makes this feel like a real island beach vacation for sure. There are many "reasonably" priced restaurants in the area for families as well.

I was hoping for "Old Florida" and it delivered on every note. Also the weather was perfect. Sure we had some thunderstorms, but that is absolutely expected.

• Liked — Location and Value
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Greencastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

When the ad sayes, "Paradise" they mean it. Very beautiful beach. Appartments are clean but not extravagant. Very well kept resort that makes you feel as if you have lived there forever. We loved every minute of our stay. This is our second visit to the island, and we would highly recommend it to anyone wishing to relax in a home like atmosphere, but in "Paradise" !

• Liked — Location, Location, Location
  • Disliked — Had to come home!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bradenton, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

Wanted to get away for a long weekend, so I found this place online. Called to get availability, and Carolyn was so wonderful. I booked right then and there!!!!!

Got there, and it's like I was walking into a friend's house when I went to the office. Carolyn is even more friendly in person. The entire property is so beautiful with all the plants and trees. It's like I stepped into an oasis.

Got to the room, and was happy with all it offered. The kitchen is fully stocked with pans, blender, utensils, cups, coffee mugs, etc. The full size fridge is great also. Most places only have the mini fridges that you can't fit anything into!! So, we went 1 block away to the supermarket!! (very convenient!!)

The view of the beach is so nice. You can see the pier from your room, and AMIBR even has grills to cook on if you happen to go fishing and catch anything!!

The pool is absolutely gorgeous!! It's totally surrounded by exotic trees and plants, so you're not staring at a road or another hotel. So nice and private, you feel like you're in the middle of nowhere!! It's kept very clean also!!!!

The only thing I would have to say needs improvement is the furniture in the living room could be updated, and tv's should be added to the bedroom.

But other than that, my visit was awesome, and I will be returning again!!!!! Thanks so much to Carolyn and her husband for the awesome stay we had!!!! PS Make sure to say "Hi" to the resident cats!!! We loved them!!!!

• Liked — The exotic feel
  • Disliked — The futon :)
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2007

I stayed at the AMIBR over a weekend in August 2007. I am a very picky guest and was totally impressed with this property. The condo, linens and towels were very clean; there were no strange odors in the condo; the A/C worked very well; and the pool was immaculate. The only negative comment I have is that the family staying in the condo next to mine brought a little "yip" dog that "yipped" quite loudly the 1st morning (luckily they were gone the 2nd day). An added bonus you get with this property is its close proximity to (1) West Coast Surf Shop, (2) Skinny's (formerly Duffy's) and (3) Cafe on the Beach. My next trip to B-town and AMI will definitely include a stay at the AMIBR.

• Stayed August 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Anna Maria Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!