“Well worth a Visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Old Hamburg Schnitzelhaus

Old Hamburg Schnitzelhaus
Anna Maria Island Centre, 3246 East Bay Drive (Manatee Avenue), Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217
+1 941-778-1320
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Hamilton, Canada
“Well worth a Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Seven of us visited this restaurant Saturday night. We ordered various schnitzels and sausage dinners. Everyone found the food delicious. The portions are ample and nicely presented. Service was efficient and the owner came by twice to make sure we were happy. The Black Forest cake which ended our meal was the best any if us had ever experienced in a restaurant---very moist and with a good cherry filling. It was even better than one of us had eaten in Germany in the Black Forest itself.

We will return to Old Hamburg!

Visited March 2014

Lynn, Massachusetts
“Delicious German cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and i enjoyed our meal. It was a Tuesday evening and the place was packed, so they must be doing something right. Our salad had a delicious German dressing. We had a delicious Wiener schnitzel , one veal and one chicken with spaetzle and red cabbage. It was excellent. The owner kept on checking on us to make sure everything was ok.
We were pleased.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Banbury, United Kingdom
“Bratwurst even an imbis would be ashamed of”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Staff couldn't get us out quickly enough that the bill came before we could even order a second drink. The pork was tasty but this isn't the food I remember from my many visits to Germany

Farmington, Minnesota
“Best German food I've had in America”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was great food and I thought the price was good. Small, quaint restaurant and I loved that the owners were out and about and talking to customers. I thought our waitress was always in a hurry and was not the most pleasant. At times I would try to ask for something and she thought she knew what I was going to say and be running away from the table and I would have to ask again or stop her from running off. We had 4 adults, 2 17-month olds and a 3 year old. The food came out quick and we had a quick meal, in and out in 45 minutes. Now this does not mean everyone will do this but for a family with young kids I wouldn't hesitate going to this restaurant. Other tables were enjoying their time with conversations and drinks and were their when we sat down and still there when we left which is great for people who aren't on a child time table.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bradenton, Florida
“Overpriced for this quality of food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Servers friendly, nice atmosphere however I spent $21 for the Sauerbraten hoping it was like Mom used to make, you get 3 small slices of overcooked beef. Chewy and cold. Red cabbage and spaetzle was good. Looked like a very good beer selection, poor wine collection (but I guess that is to be expected).
Another in my party got the vegetarian dish, he described as overpriced macaroni and cheese.
The bratwurst looked very good and diners seemed to enjoy it. Just don't get the higher priced items and I think you will enjoy!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere