“Lovely but tight seating” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Holmes Beach
Cuisines: French, American, Seafood, Bistro
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Beach Bistro has been Anna Maria Island’s romantic fine dining destination for 26 years. Located beachfront, looking out on the Gulf of Mexico, the scenic waterfront backdrop and spectacular sunsets make it the perfect place to celebrate special occasions or simply relax after a long day.The Beach Bistro boasts the highest Zagat ratings for food and service in the state of Florida and is currently the eight-time recipient of Florida Trend’s Golden Spoon Award. It is also the twelve-time recipient of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence.The mission of the bistro is simple: to provide you with one of the best dining experiences that you have ever had.
“Lovely but tight seating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

The food is wonderful! It is my go to place for a special occasion. Make a reservation and ask for a table by the window, but well in advance.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank HMKeenan

Windermere, Florida
“Wonderful Cuisine and Setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Fantastic Gastronomical experience, beautiful dining room and excellent food. Situated right on the beach, I enjoyed this feast with many locals who were welcoming and inviting. I would have easily given this review a 5-star review, however my server fell short - seemingly forgetting about me numerous times. I was dining alone and had very long waits to get bread, drinks and in between courses. He would walk by and look as if, "oh yeah, I forgot you." He was very friendly and helpful, I just felt there were very long lulls in between and it broke up the dining experience.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Lorraine B
Bradenton, Florida
“Hard to believe there are bad reviews ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We have eaten here numerous times and have always had excellent food and great service both inside and on the veranda. We have had to wait for a table at times; but the bar provided us with adequate (LOL) libations to keep us "happy". It is somewhat pricey (between $$$ and $$$$); but the food is delicious.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
2 Thank DavidKasse
“Great Food and Service but Expensive!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We had a great meal here. The lamb shank was awesome as was the fillet mignon.
The service was very good. Atmosphere is a little cosy if you have 8-15 year olds with you.
My only gripe is that it is expensive and they add a really high service charge to your bill.
I am English and like to tip what the service is worth not a fixed fee.
It was a great meal but a $60 service charge did it for me.

5 Thank James L
Marietta, Georgia
“Love Affair”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

It was love at first bite.
The memory of my first visit still lingers on the palate 8 or 9 years later: Lobster with a maple glaze. Remarkable. We've been returning to Beach Bistro at least once on each trip since then to this area of Florida, like a lovers' reunion rekindling old flames.
The cuisine is wonderful. The beachside location is glorious at sunset. But the people of Beach Bistro make it truly special.
On perhaps our third or fourth visit, in the summer of 2011, we were a party of six, with two grandchildren, then 6 and 9, who had lost their mother in an accident a year earlier. I remembered on my first time there, the staff had served us martinis at a table outside on the sand while we were waiting to be seated inside. I called ahead to arrange to reserve a table for six on the beach so the young boys could come in shorts and play when they got bored and the adults could enjoy the sunset and a second bottle of wine. The staff was very accommodating.
The next year, with the six of us again staying in a condo directly across the street, a tropical storm struck with winds gusting up to 60 miles an hour. But Beach Bistro nevertheless stayed open. There were only two other couples at tables when we arrived for our reservation -- and no one else when we finally left. During the meal, the older of the two boys began to pout when he saw there was no cheese sandwich offered on the children's menu. I told him, this is a good restaurant, ask the waiter. He did, our server said he'd ask the kitchen, then asked what kind the boy would prefer. Soon he brought a cheddar sandwich. But that's not what made this a truly memorable evening. With the adults lingering and the boys growing restless, they wanted to go back to the condo to watch TV. We agreed, and the doorman/parking attendant ushered them across the street under an umbrella to shield them from the raging rain.
Back this past week, once again with my brother and his wife, I was pleased to see familiar faces: the same bartender, the same doorman, the same lady who presides so well over the tables and serving staff. I suggested each of our party of four begin with the tomato soup with bleu cheese--to my taste, it is the best in the world. The others had the grouper--each choosing a separate entree among the three such versions offered, and each was quite pleased. I had the foie gras as an entrée--again my absolute favorite anywhere. What more can I say, except to insist our meal was worth every penny of the price, even when price is equal to quality.
Beach Bistro is truly a work of art -- a Monet amid an Andy Warhol soup can world.

• Visited July 2014