“Beach View” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Holmes Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bistro
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Beach Bistro has been Anna Maria Island’s romantic fine dining destination for 26 years. Located beachfront, looking out on the Gulf of Mexico, the scenic waterfront backdrop and spectacular sunsets make it the perfect place to celebrate special occasions or simply relax after a long day.The Beach Bistro boasts the highest Zagat ratings for food and service in the state of Florida and is currently the eight-time recipient of Florida Trend’s Golden Spoon Award. It is also the twelve-time recipient of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence.The mission of the bistro is simple: to provide you with one of the best dining experiences that you have ever had.
Bradenton
“Beach View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Great food, beautiful view, very relaxing. You can dine inside or out. I eat there at least once a month. Staff is very nice and very efficient.

• Visited April 2013

Sarasota, Florida
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

If you are into fine dining and enjoy the luxury of real waiters who know there job, - then you found the place.

I loved the variations on the menu, and yes it is French inspired which I personally love. It is all about the good food and being able to enjoy the cosy atmosphere and stunning view.

The only thing I would suggest to make it my favorite would be outdoor serving.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Romance with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Second visit to this incredible food experience. Service, food, menu and drinks.

We came here after our wedding and I could think of few places to choose from on our anniversary. Incredible.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Four Seasons food, Denny's service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

A dinner which is prepared perfectly, appetizing in presentation, and absolutely delicious in this charming, intimate beachfront restaurant is sadly lacking in quality of service to make it the experience it should be for a Zagat winner. I was called for confirmation of my reservation, and though the caller identified himself, I could not understand him-he had all the enthusiasm of someone confirming an appointment for root canal. I would think such a call should end something like, "Thank you, we look forward to seeing you." Perhaps they weren't...with the exception of the gracious and personable hostess, the waitstaff were robotic and perfunctory. There was no eye contact, no nonessential conversation, no smiling. When we raved about the food, our waiter might have been more pleased to have lost money. Needs were not anticipated throughout the meal. It should not be necessary in such a small restaurant to repeatedly have to flag down staff for such things as water or cream for coffee. My pet peeve was having the check plopped on the table with an over the shoulder, "No rush." at the start of dessert. Whether they
wondered if we wanted anything else, were glad we came, or hoped we had a good evening, we will never know. When I made this reservation, I mentioned when I called that the last time I had been there my brother had dined with us; he had since died and I wanted it to be a special time for my mom. Luckily, I did not mention this to her, since she felt she was speaking with recordings instead of waitstaff. At least she enjoyed her food on Mother's Day.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Evergreen, Colorado
“Possibly the finest restaurant there is!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

There isn't anything about this restaurant that isn't first class! We've eaten all over the US and world and the Beach Bistro can compete with anyplace. You must have reservations. Enjoy.