“Nothing fancy, but ok” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
southern NH
“Nothing fancy, but ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

This is a small establishment that was busy at breakfast time on a Sunday morning. Food was decent and plenty was served; coffee was good but no rush to provide refill. Wait staff was pleasant. If everything else was full, I would try again.

Visited April 2014

Minneapolis, Mn
“Had a nice dinner here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Stopped into Havana Cabana and had a pleasant experience. I had the special sausage, onions and peppers over rice and thought it was very good and fresh. My husband had the Cuban sandwich which was adequate but have had better. The black beans were excellent. Our waitress was very friendly and efficient and I noticed there was one older man preparing the food by himself and it was quite busy. Good value.

Visited February 2014
“Best kept secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We have been wintering here for the past several weeks. This place is a great place for a good meal with a quiet atmosphere. The prices are very reasonable. We have been here at least once to sometimes two times per week recently. Never had a bad meal. Owner bends over backwards to please...almost always comes by to see if we were satisfied. My hubby's favorite is the 3.99 brunch special...can't hardly beat that price. We love the Cuban sandwiches. Mahi tacos great. Our favorite is a new special that he has been making that is a sausage, onions and peppers in a red sauce served over beans and rice. Mmmm, mmmm was good. One day we went in for brunch and had a difficult time deciding on that dish or breakfast. We opted for breakfast with a return for the sausage dish for supper. We ran late going to eat for supper and he was out of the special. The owner was upset that he was out and had promised that if we returned tomorrow that he would make that dish for one of his specials again! Of course we went back again and had the sausage dish. And of course we weren't disappointed!. Portions are plenty big. Rest of staff have been very attentive and friendly too. This place has been one for our favorites for the past few years. Sometimes the island can be so busy and many places can get noisy. This place is quiet,calm and casual. Sometimes you just need that. Nice to be able to go out and converse with company.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gurnee, Illinois
“Skip it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I noticed several decent reviews and decided to try it as we were looking for a casual lunch while touring by bicycle. I believe only the old reviews had any thing passive to say. The beers were refreshing at least. My wife had a passable Greek salad. My eggplant caprese sandwich was tough and flavorless. It was a special which our waitress said was good but she appeared to be a rookie. Was charged extra for fries and Cole slaw even though all other sandwiches came with them. They took that of the bill when I complained. Service was ok but I noticed tables left dirty for the entire time we were there.

Anna Maria, FL, United States
“Worst Eggs Benedict ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have to agree with the reviewers who say, "Stay away!" My wife and I tried Havana Cabana for brunch, and it was horrible. We were the only customers, and in hindsight I realize that that should have sounded a warning bell. The orange juice was far from fresh, the coffee weak, and the Eggs Benedict so far from the real thing that they shouldn't even be allowed to be called that. Never again.

• Visited November 2013