“Excelent food, friendly staff :)” 5 of 5 stars

5904 marine dv, Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
“Excelent food, friendly staff :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

We had dinner on a Saturday night, and the restaurnat was quite and kozy :)
I had the red pepper soup, which was my first, and it was very good, then My husband had the pork schnitzel and I had chicken cordon bleu. Both of them were very good, and very well prepared. We like these entres, especialy because we can' t find them to often in other restaurants.
We will recomand and for sure we go back with our friends.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Corner Brook, Canada
“Best Food and Atmosphere we had experienced on our vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We were visiting Sarasota and Bradenton area when we decided to check out Anna Maria Island. It is a beautiful, quaint place with gorgeous sunsets on the beach. While we were there, we asked a few locals to recommend a great restaurant. We didn't want fine dining, but we also didn't want casual... something in between. They said Kozy Kitchen was the best around.
When we arrived, we were immediately impressed by the service and the warm, inviting atmosphere. As we were seated, our server took our drink orders and recommended a the soup called roasted red pepper. Wow! What a great starter to our meal. The soup was served promptly and was a heavenly treat. The right amount of spice and rich taste to start the evening. We were told the seafood here is fresh daily and so we knew that the salmon and Tilapia were probably going to be good choices. They were succulent and served with roasted vegetables and fries. The food was piping hot and served in a timely manner. After the meal, we were pretty full. But, given the fact that the meal was so tasty, we figured dessert would be just as great.
It was! I had the chocolate Mousse (Julia Child's secret recipe.. according to the menu) and my husband had blueberry grunt. Wow... what a fantastic way to end our meal and our day on Anna Maria Island. We will be back, that's for certain! Kozy Kitchen is our new FAVORITE restaurant!

Visited April 2012
Louisville, KY
“Still working out the Kinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Based on my family's experience, I'd say they're still working out the kinks in the kitchen. The service was great, but my dish (Mahi) was overcooked. We had a party of six. There seemed to be a challenge in getting all the meals to the table within the same time frame. I'd say it was a fluke, but the same thing happened to the table next to us. 4 would come out. A few others a few minutes later. I'd say there was at least 7-10 minutes between the first person and the last persons entree being served.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield(UK)
“Unusual decor, welcoming and friendly service, limited menu.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

This was the first week of opening following a change of title from Fusion to Kozy Kitchen. Upon arrival we found the decor to be unusual but it grew on us. It was furnished like someone's house but on a larger scale, yes it was 'Kozy' and it worked. We were shown straight to a table and the welcome was warm and friendly.

I usually have a beer whilst we peruse the menu and wine list. Unfortunately there was no draught beer and only a very limited selection of bottled beers. I can never understand why a couple of draught beers can't be available. We did order a bottle of Pinot Noir which was very nice indeed. There is again only a very limited selection of wine - about nine types in all.

The menu was not very expansive. The specials were Snapper and Grouper which are widely available as standard fare on most other restaurants menus.

The food was well priced and with a bottle of wine the damage was only $65 for two courses each.

The quality of the food was solid, nothing special but nothing to complain about. I believe we had good value for money.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
lancashire
“really good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

While the decor and ambience is a little non-descript the service is very helpful, friendly and attentive and our food was excellent and very good value. We would certainly return and recommend without hesitation

• Visited March 2012